gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:39:03 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My website  (Read 5794 times)
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2019, 10:35:09 AM »

For those that are interested I have added a lot to beachboysgigs.com . You can now view all of 1962 to 1964 and I’ve added a lot to 1965. There is also a blog discussing additional shows I’ve discovered since my book was published in 2013
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 12:00:49 PM »

Thanks for the heads-up! I already have the site opened in another window  Thumbs Up

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 01:13:35 PM »

Thanks for the heads up!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 03:44:37 PM »

Of course-hope you enjoy.  I am going to try and finish 1965 this coming July.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2019, 03:53:41 AM »

Ian, besides the Beach Boys you're an Rolling Stones expert as well, iirc. Do you know if there are any pictures of the BBs and Stones during these times in the 60s when they shared a bill? I'm not talking about the ending of the T.A.M.I. show of course where all the acts got on stage together. Or any stories about them meeting?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2019, 06:54:02 AM »

I have a pic of Dennis with Charlie Watts somewhere. As you know Brian attended the Stones 1966 session for my obsession -it would be cool if a pic from that day materialized. I had a story in my book about the May 7 1965 Birmingham show they both played.  Ron swallow told me that Dennis was offended by mick’s BO and they had some sharp words backstage. Mike also discussed how he made an extra effort to get the audience on their side by singing an Alabama anthem. They only were on the same bill that one time except for the tami show
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2019, 04:11:13 PM »

Thank you! Interesting. Would love to see that. What does BO stand for? Man, that is a show I would like to see.
I believe I'd read that in the early 80s there was a Beach Boys/Rolling Stones tour (or at least some event) planned but that never happened.

Mike also discussed how he made an extra effort to get the audience on their side by singing an Alabama anthem.

Oh oh....
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 04:12:07 PM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Kid Presentable
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2019, 02:20:28 AM »

Körpergeruch.   Grin
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2019, 02:56:03 AM »

Really? Did they get that close?  LOL

- Jack Rieley
Kid Presentable
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2019, 05:34:03 AM »

Wer sagt, dass die in unmittelbarer Nähe voneinander waren?   Cheesy   Thud
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2019, 05:44:24 AM »

People, speak in English. Quit this bragging "I can speak fluently many languages" stuff. It's annoying. Translate that dialog, pls.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2019, 06:57:21 AM »

People, speak in English. Quit this bragging "I can speak fluently many languages" stuff. It's annoying. Translate that dialog, pls.

https://translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=auto&tl=en&text=Wer%20sagt%2C%20dass%20die%20in%20unmittelbarer%20N%C3%A4he%20voneinander%20waren%3F

Arrêtez de vous plaindre.

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2019, 07:03:33 AM »

^ I blocked your replies way back. Can't see what you said. Thus, the point stands. Everybody must think about the others here, not be selfish & real pain in the neck. Speak English. Be respectful to every reader here. Thank you in advance.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2019, 07:19:04 AM »

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
SBonilla
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2019, 01:29:21 PM »

« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 03:25:29 PM by SBonilla » Logged
Kid Presentable
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2019, 02:51:09 PM »

You speak another language in every one of your posts.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2019, 05:17:24 PM »

Pot, kettle, black.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2019, 07:51:46 PM »

Let’s stop the attacks on each other and get back on topic .

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2019, 07:59:53 PM »

Exactly. Thanks, Billy. Kid Presentable & Co., stop the insults towards this nicest politest poster. Be respectful & speak SINGLE language - English. If not, you'll be reported.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2019, 08:42:58 PM »

I meant it. No more swipes.

And it doesn’t matter what language anybody speaks

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2019, 08:52:57 PM »

Ладно, буду говорить на русском.  3D
Next time when I reply to posters, it'll be in Russian.
Without translation - they'll figure it out themselves.
Then maybe people will say "You know what? RangeRoverA1 was ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! We must speak just English".

*drops mic* *applause*

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2019, 09:19:18 PM »

Before this turns into a Sandbox thread I ask that we get back on topic. I don’t know or care how this got this far off the rail but I’m ending it. Don’t care who started it either.

Needleinthehay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2019, 09:48:20 PM »

One thing i find myself doing with his website (thanks for making it by the way, pretty interesting to read the reviews/advertisements) is googling some of the opening bands I havent heard of. Some of them seem to have hardly any info available except maybe an entry on discogs.com with a single of two that never went anywhere, while others have a full wikipedia age and some even had a number of hits, usually somewhat minor...anyways, pretty interesting to dive into some of the opening bands...thanks ian!
Kid Presentable
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2019, 12:04:36 AM »

I wasn't *really* swiping... every single one of RR's posts has a second language in it, "Guten Tag, Ich".  The demand by them for only speaking English.... people who say that need to hear immediately how wrong it is and I don't have anything else to say about that.  I saw that they revived an old thread I posted in just to engage me in Russian and I am not planning on replying to it, even though it is taunting and directly insulting me.  

And in the first place, a German poster above had a question about the meaning of an English slang term, I answered it in German, which is legit very useful. Then I followed it up with a reply to them in German, which I found fun as a second language speaker, but some are apparently completely intolerant of the idea.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 12:35:51 AM by Kid Presentable » Logged
Kid Presentable
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2019, 12:28:59 AM »

Sorry to original poster Ian, who is one of my favorite parts of this board.  Your work and the massive attention to detail you give it are really impressive.  Huge kudos to you.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx