-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:01:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  I Have An Idea About A Two Part Beach Boys Movie '61-'66 + '70-'75
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I Have An Idea About A Two Part Beach Boys Movie '61-'66 + '70-'75  (Read 1007 times)
illsmug
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2022, 04:48:19 AM »

It would start at the Hite Morgan sessions and end at Pet Sounds for part 1, and for part 2 it would begin at Sunflower sessions at end at the chart explosion of Endless summer. The main reason I chose these years is because it's their most important years. From being the car-loving surf group that wish they could all be california girls to being on the cusp of truly great with Pet Sounds. Juxtapose that with a rock group struggling to rebuild their image but slowly sinking their way into becoming an oldies act. I think it would make the most sense to make part 1 a more traditional biopic and part 2 more of an indie/arthouse film. Part 1 should be more from Brian's POV but I do want to be fair and incorporate the feelings everyone had at around that time. Part 2 I'm leaning more on Carl's POV as I think he took up being leader after Brian went to bed but same thing with part 1 with everyone getting to be seen as how they were and how they felt. I did take inspiration from Love & Mercy a little bit with the two different periods thing but I split the two eras into two seperate movies and it's not just about Brian's musical growth but everyone's emerging talent. Maybe call part 1 "The Warmth Of The Sun" and part 2 "Feel Flows"
Idk just something I've been thinking on for a while.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: