gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:34:09 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike and Bruce in Hannover June 18  (Read 3901 times)
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: June 14, 2019, 02:52:42 PM »

Anybody else going? Would love to catch up.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 04:01:12 AM »

Hey Micha,

I thought a second about going since I just moved back to Hannover. But after seeing the Beach Boys in 2012 I said that's it for me, I've seen the real Beach Boys and I won't go to a Mike&Bruce or Brian&Al show, although I probably would think twice about it if Blondie is with them. But otherwise I'm not really interested anymore after seeing the real thing - but if any of the band reads this and wants to share a beer afterwards, I'm up for that, let me know. Hope you'll enjoy it, Micha! Let us know how it was.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 02:43:02 PM »

Hey, if a band performs Beach Boys songs whithin 10 minutes walking distance from my home, I go - no matter how many actual Beach Boys are on stage, even if there aren't any at all.

Let us know how it was.

Not on this board, no. Took a peek in a few threads and found: what made me leave and still makes me want to puke is still the essence of this board, an agenda that spoiled all the fun this board once provided for me. I can't stand this hate. Probably my last post on here unless, say, Brian performs in this town which is unlikely to happen.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 06:01:59 PM »

I can't stand hate & the other extreme - sickening over-niceness & over-kindness. Jus' sayin'.
NB: Smiley Smile board rules! 3D

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 09:07:46 PM »

Hey, if a band performs Beach Boys songs whithin 10 minutes walking distance from my home, I go - no matter how many actual Beach Boys are on stage, even if there aren't any at all.

Let us know how it was.

Not on this board, no. Took a peek in a few threads and found: what made me leave and still makes me want to puke is still the essence of this board, an agenda that spoiled all the fun this board once provided for me. I can't stand this hate. Probably my last post on here unless, say, Brian performs in this town which is unlikely to happen.

Last post here?? Huh? I mean, hey, how are we gonna go on form here without your posts? You're not gonna go away and leave us all alone, are ya? Really? All because of someone's else's POV? C'mon boy, quit pukin' and start manin' up and start your very own agenda, dude. Yeah, that's it! You can do it! Man, you need a mantra, that's all. Well, I got one for y'all. Start by sayin' egg mcmuffin reeel slow, keep on sayin' it over and over and over and over.... LOL

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 06:35:16 AM »

Let us know how it was.

I can understand that. Some people take this Beach Boys stuff far too serious. Anyway, have fun and enjoy the show tonight!

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 08:27:38 AM »

Let us know how it was.

Kokomaoists = the snowflakes of BB fandom.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2019, 08:49:26 AM »

Let us know how it was.

It looks like Micha wanted a reaction, so here is one:

You do NOT come back and post after 3 years' absence and proceed to trash the board and the people here in one fell swoop. The agenda in this case appears to be yours and yours alone in this thread, and it will fail as it has failed for the past 5+ years...the agenda being paint this forum and everyone here as "haters", "toxic" (that old chestnut...) and throw the word "hate" around because you disagree with some of the opinions posted. Ignorant, naturally, of the other 98% of the posts that are made and have been made in the three years since you last posted.

The board is still here. The same mods are still here. There are little or no dust-ups or disturbances where bans have to be issued as in the past due to member behavior. The numbers of members, readers, and posters/posts have both exceeded previous averages and stayed consistent since the public exit and subsequent trashing of this community by former members who perhaps thought a mass exodus would follow them to greener pastures, or maybe the thought was they were too important to lose.

Well, we're still here. And the numbers are the same or greater than they were when all that garbage happened back in 2016 or whenever it was. I can see where there would be some bitterness after realizing all attempts to destroy and trash this place have failed and continue to fail, but that's no excuse to come back in the guise of setting up a meet-up at a concert then proceeding to badmouth everyone here after the one reply you received wasn't what you wanted to hear.

So, yeah...it's not welcome. Take the failed attempts to wreck this place and the people here back where they belong and let them fester there.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 08:54:01 AM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2019, 10:49:41 AM »

Says the person who took a shot at us despite nobody saying anything bad to you at all.  There's the  puke-inducing "hate" right there. As I like to say, if someone wants to make the world a better place,  make it a better place by being a better person.

Just saying

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2019, 09:16:18 PM »

Anybody else going? Would love to catch up.

I think that’s a ‘no’ then.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2019, 11:29:15 AM »

Micha's comments were an answer to my post, so there is certainly no 'agenda' there, just his opinion so that I (and everybody else who wondered) know that he won't share his thoughts here and why he won't. The reason he started the topic was to ask if anybody else was going to the show - an agenda to talk crap about this board certainly looks different. No one can deny that the board has gone through changes over the years; some members left, others joined, that's how it is. But there have also been a lot of heated debates - to say the least - that quickly got to a personal level. That's how the internet works unfortunately, we forget how to take criticism, instead we fall all over each other like wild animals (whch is also one of the main reasons of the big social divisions in our democracies right now, but that's another topic).

I suggest to close this thread and move on to talk about the Beach Boys.

- Jack Rieley
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2019, 12:00:10 PM »

What Micha said is available for all to see. Instead of being cool about the whole thing, he instead chose to trash this forum and all the people here by painting us and this place with the word "hate" because he doesn't like some of the opinions posted here. Micha also did this after being gone for 3 years, not posting or contributing anything, and above that did so in a thread about a concert meet up where no one had been disrespectful or "hateful" toward him. He only got one reply...

So the two mods saw it for what it is and called it out. What will stand is that this kind of nonsense is not welcome here, and nor will it be tolerated moving forward. As Billy said, the irony is how the only hate was coming from the guy complaining about the hate on this board.

Period.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2019, 12:18:08 PM »

What Micha said is available for all to see. Instead of being cool about the whole thing, he instead chose to trash this forum and all the people here by painting us and this place with the word "hate" because he doesn't like some of the opinions posted here. Micha also did this after being gone for 3 years, not posting or contributing anything, and above that did so in a thread about a concert meet up where no one had been disrespectful or "hateful" toward him. He only got one reply...

So the two mods saw it for what it is and called it out. What will stand is that this kind of nonsense is not welcome here, and nor will it be tolerated moving forward. As Billy said, the irony is how the only hate was coming from the guy complaining about the hate on this board.

Period.

Quod erat demonstrandum.

- Jack Rieley
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2019, 12:29:18 PM »

Period.

Quod erat demonstrandum.

Yeah, obviously nobody here went...closing

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2019, 12:31:05 PM »

FYI Most people here were and are talking about the Beach Boys and will continue to do so. Too bad Micha didn't do the same.

Closed and good riddance.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx