gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:18:16 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Comments on Czechoslovakia at the Lucerna Great Hall in Prague  (Read 10131 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2019, 03:45:38 AM »

Cool info - thanking you, Mr. Desper. 3D

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2019, 06:05:23 AM »

The brief footage of Lucerna is in the American band documentary from 1985 as is footage shot in a restaurant in Bremen of them discussing the upcoming appearance
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2019, 07:09:37 AM »

I went and looked at the footage in American Band from Prague and It looks like the rest of the footage shot by Vic Kettle.  It is clear that the audio is from that show-as Mike mentions Mr Dubcek-it is also clear, however, that Breakaway is dubbed-most likely to silent footage-and it is not clear that the footage is exacly synched to what was played.  I assume that the footage of the BBs signing autographs outside is also from Prague-but the American Band doc really mixes footage-they combine the December 1968 footage that Kettle shot (identifiable by Mike's shorter beard and lack of Maharishi robes) and summer 69 tour (longer beard and robes) into one tour.  Thus we see the BBs in Brighton (misidentified in the film as 1968 when it is May 1969) but then see the 1968 BBs on Beat Club in Bremen and then the 1969 BBs in a restaurant in Bremen, etc.
BBs Footage Saga
Smiley Smile Associate

FOOTAGE!!!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2019, 12:04:29 PM »

Yes, I have the 1968 footage in my collection, but the 1969 is unedited beside some clips seen in documentaries. An american band has plenty of errors, Brighton 1968.
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2019, 04:48:30 AM »

Yeah I covered this in my book as best as I could and I also wrote an ESQ article about it
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2019, 05:29:06 AM »

COMMENT:

Here is some Historical Perspective on Czechoslovakia in 1968, for those interested. If I recall correctly it was Alexander Dubcek who Mike called out and acknowledged . . . and the place went ballistic!

http://www.europopmusic.eu/Newsletters/Features/Protest_68/1968_in_Czechoslovakia.html

In this overview, see the third section  "the impact in music" for the role of The Beach Boys in this segment of history.

~swd

Thank you for stopping by with stories, article and picture, Stephen.  I read them with interest. -Will

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2019, 08:00:56 PM »

I reckon the autographing took place in Bratislava as they are wearing identical clothing when they were photographed there.

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,16967.msg422364.html#msg422364

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2019, 07:01:24 AM »

Right you are-hard to recall all past discussions we’ve had
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx