gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
649625 Posts in 25972 Topics by 3702 Members - Latest Member: GV August 18, 2019, 12:27:01 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson - 2019 Tour Thread  (Read 30423 times)
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 15, 2019, 01:17:07 PM »

Does anyone know why he isn't ending the show with Love and Mercy anymore?
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #401 on: August 15, 2019, 02:07:55 PM »

Does anyone know why he isn't ending the show with Love and Mercy anymore?

Too many fans were saying "it's just not right without Mike and Bruce" ?

LOL

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 15, 2019, 02:29:00 PM »

Folks, for those curious about the shareholders of BRI and the nature of the "Beach Boys" license agreement, there's a ton of relevant info in this 2003 court decision:

BROTHER RECORDS INC v. JARDINE
https://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-9th-circuit/1213400.html
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 15, 2019, 03:37:28 PM »

I think things are best the way they are now. The Beach Boys of history will always be Brian, Mike, Dennis, Carl and Al; and to varying degrees, David, Bruce, Blondie, Ricky..did I leave anyone out? Glen Campbell? Daryl Dragon? Billy Hinsche? The Beach Boys today are Mike's band. I will go see them next month and i'm sure i'll have a great time, but it can't compare to seeing some variation of the classic lineup in (or near) their prime.
Over the years, I've seen a lot of complaining about the shows the group did in the 80s and 90s with all the surfing and car songs, the cheerleaders, etc; but I am thankful I got to see the group a couple times when Dennis was alive; and many, many times with Carl singing and playing.
The only thing that could make a 2019 show by either Mike's BB's or Brian and Al's group as magical as those shows I saw 30 years ago is if Carl and Dennis could be brought back from the dead.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
The Dr. of Wilsonomics
Global Moderator

🍦🍦My daughter and I -23 Dec 2018 ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #404 on: August 15, 2019, 05:08:55 PM »

From the show on my birthday

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pcS76uMbGlA
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vOv37hWXYxE
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 05:14:24 PM by ♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇 » Logged

RIP Alexa Lestage (8 May 1995- 10 June 2018) .

https://www.gofundme.com/help-support-the-jurkowlaniecs

Lady:”Sir why you are drowning my son!!! “
Guy:“Maa’m, the ad clearly reads...SEA horse rides for a dollar “
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: August 15, 2019, 06:46:12 PM »

A belated Happy Birthday, Billy!! 

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
The Dr. of Wilsonomics
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #406 on: August 15, 2019, 10:10:28 PM »

Thank you much! I’m not a young 41 sadly but glad to still be here . That hasn’t been a given especially lately so it certainly is s blessing

marcella27
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 15, 2019, 10:33:09 PM »

Thank you much! I’m not a young 41 sadly but glad to still be here . That hasn’t been a given especially lately so it certainly is s blessing

Happy belated birthday and thanks for being such a cool moderator ☺
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
The Dr. of Wilsonomics
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #408 on: August 15, 2019, 10:50:47 PM »

Thank you kindly!

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 16, 2019, 02:40:39 AM »

Happy belated birthday and thanks for being such a cool moderator ☺

Plus 1 🍰
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 16, 2019, 06:28:52 AM »

I think things are best the way they are now. The Beach Boys of history will always be Brian, Mike, Dennis, Carl and Al; and to varying degrees, David, Bruce, Blondie, Ricky..did I leave anyone out? Glen Campbell? Daryl Dragon? Billy Hinsche? The Beach Boys today are Mike's band. I will go see them next month and i'm sure i'll have a great time, but it can't compare to seeing some variation of the classic lineup in (or near) their prime.
Over the years, I've seen a lot of complaining about the shows the group did in the 80s and 90s with all the surfing and car songs, the cheerleaders, etc; but I am thankful I got to see the group a couple times when Dennis was alive; and many, many times with Carl singing and playing.
The only thing that could make a 2019 show by either Mike's BB's or Brian and Al's group as magical as those shows I saw 30 years ago is if Carl and Dennis could be brought back from the dead.

Nice post. Sounds like you are a real fan.
roffels
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 16, 2019, 02:45:57 PM »

edit - nevermind
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 02:46:53 PM by roffels » Logged
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 16, 2019, 10:19:57 PM »

Nice post. Sounds like you are a real fan.
Yes, i'm thankful I got to see the band many times in the 80s/90s. I never saw them do a bad show. In fact, back in 1987, I saw both the Beach Boys and the Monkees at the same fair, a week apart, and the Monkees show was the one that got all the pre-show hype, all the write ups in the paper. In terms of crowd response, though, the Beach Boys had the more enthusiastic audience. I ...think to the press, it was "oh, ho-hum, another Beach Boys concert, they've been together since God created water"; while the Monkees were in the middle of a reunion many people thought would never happen. And don't get me wrong, I love the Monkees, but it's hard to top the great catalog of songs the Beach Boys have to sing from night after night. Those songs and those voices always got us on our feet! It was a party!
Will be interesting to see how the current band does, even though some of us are much older now, with creaky knees, graying or balding heads, lol.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx