gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:31:08 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Get Well Brian  (Read 9613 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« on: June 14, 2019, 04:20:46 PM »

Saw this on Facebook, and it's apparently already been cleared to send him a letter or card via the below address. I myself am going to be doing so as well. He has given us so much; it's only right to return the favor in a difficult time

Get Well Brian Wilson
C/O Jean Sievers
2271 Cheremoya Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90068
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 04:38:15 PM by ♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇 » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 04:26:15 PM »

Thanks, Billy. I was just thinking about this the other night. Will do this tomorrow for sure.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 03:12:44 AM »

Shows how criminally out of touch I am. Poor Brian. Angry

Thanks, Billy. Card on its way Monday.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Seaside Woman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 03:34:24 PM »

There's a special place in my heart for Jean Sievers; she did me an amazing kindness that I will never be able to reciprocate.

Picture this ... London 2002. My late husband, my daughter and I had gone to London to see the Pet Sounds Tour.

This was huge for me, the only wish I had in life was to be in the same room as Brian even if it was an auditorium so when the news of this tour was announced on the Blueboard everyone went nuts including me, we all quickly sent off for tickets.

We bought tickets for the Saturday night show but travelled up on Friday and checked into our hotel. We headed down into the Royal Festival Hall area on the South Bank and we wandered into the RFH to check out the venue.

I could see people lined up at the ticket area which I thought was odd because it was sold out. I asked someone why they were queuing and he said they were hoping for return seats; needless to say, we got in line with not much hope because we were three.

When we reached the desk the chap directly in front of us was handing three seats in and we snagged them for the side terrace and I was over the moon with the position.

There were many well know people there that evening, I saw Dave Gilmour and the late John Peel (DJ) a couple of tables away from us while we were having a drink.

My daughter who was fifteen at the time nipped into the RFH bookshop and bought me a copy of the 'Wouldn't It Be Nice' autobiography out of her pocket money which moved me very much.

We were all blown away with the show, you don't forget nights like that. Our position was right above the side of the stage and if you looked down, you could see the entrance the band came and went through. The roadies started putting instruments away and one came toward the tunnel, I called across to him and asked if there was any chance he could get Brian to sign the book. He said no, Brian wasn't signing autographs.

At that point, a blonde lady was making her way to the entrance and she looked up and asked what I wanted and when I told her, she said to throw the book down which I did. 

We waited for a while and just when I started to think uh, oh, there she was, "Catch" she shouted! I caught and there on the front cover was Brian's autograph. That lovely lady was Jean Sievers. Talk about the stars lining up ...

Caretaker in an aesthetic prison of my own dimension.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 05:24:26 PM »

Thank you for sharing that..., that was beautiful

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Seaside Woman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 06:09:45 PM »

Thanks, Billy, that was a nice walk down memory lane for me...

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2019, 08:28:33 PM »

I was supposed to do a meet and greet but I got there too late cause of traffic. After the show I noticed my daughter who was 7 at the time was walking towards the stage. Next I know Al was waving to her saying she hoped she enjoyed the show, and Paul actually stopped to have a chat with her.  Soon other people in the band did too . It made a huge impression on her as did the concert itself that here she is at 12 starting her own music career and that concert started it all for her. She taught herself how to play piano from the Love You demos so she has Brian to thank for it too.

Brian’s music legit saved my own life once but that's a story for a different time.

He’s given us so much and he’s a genuinely a great person. I say this often but as much as I live his music I’m a fan of him as a person even more.

Brian if this gets back to you just know that we love you and wish you love & mercy
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 08:30:06 AM by ♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇 » Logged

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 02:10:59 AM »

Brilliant posts there, Jeanster and Billy. A heart-warming start to the day.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Seaside Woman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2019, 04:45:27 AM »

Thanks, JK ... Smiley

Billy, a lovely memory also all the more so because it's shared with your daughter ...

Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2019, 06:29:29 AM »

Sending along an excerpt of a message from Leon Lively on the PSML:

You can now email Brian Wilson a get-well/appreciation note!

Email: GetWellBrianWilson@gmail.com

Your letters will either be printed out by his publicist or Brian and Melinda can fetch them online. Not sure yet.

Please refrain from sending music as he's not permitted to listen for legal reasons.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2019, 10:38:47 AM »

Sending along an excerpt of a message from Leon Lively on the PSML:

You can now email Brian Wilson a get-well/appreciation note!

Email: GetWellBrianWilson@gmail.com

Your letters will either be printed out by his publicist or Brian and Melinda can fetch them online. Not sure yet.

Please refrain from sending music as he's not permitted to listen for legal reasons.

Thanks! Just sent him an email

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2019, 10:15:58 AM »

Posted by Brian's Facebook account:

Thank you to everyone for your cards and best wishes. Your concern and love just blows me away. I’m feeling much better and I look forward to seeing you when we start up our tour on August 7!

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2019, 10:18:49 AM »

How cool is that! Thanks for posting! Very cool.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2019, 10:24:31 AM »

Glad to see! I really wish now I had sent an actual letter rather than doing an email.

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2019, 10:31:43 AM »

Posted by Brian's Facebook account:

Thank you to everyone for your cards and best wishes. Your concern and love just blows me away. I’m feeling much better and I look forward to seeing you when we start up our tour on August 7!

w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t!

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2019, 11:00:03 AM »

Glad to see! I really wish now I had sent an actual letter rather than doing an email.

I know you'll wish Brian better... when you send us in your letter  Smiley

So glad to see Bri doing better myself. Really great.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2019, 11:05:42 AM »

Anyone happen to notice his left elbow? Is that a bandage for perhaps an injury?

Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2019, 11:35:33 AM »

So glad to see his smiling face!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2019, 11:56:54 AM »

BW looks great! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2019, 01:21:45 PM »

Brian’s Back!

Looks like he’s in a wheelchair?
Bud Shaver
Smiley Smile Associate

Let Us Go On This Way

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2019, 01:50:33 PM »

Anyone happen to notice his left elbow? Is that a bandage for perhaps an injury?

It looks like an on body injector covered by gauze, the kind they use for patients following the last round of chemo. Maybe they are using one for his pain meds?

« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 01:58:22 PM by Bud Shaver » Logged
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2019, 02:17:52 PM »

It looks like an on body injector covered by gauze, the kind they use for patients following the last round of chemo. Maybe they are using one for his pain meds?

There must be another reason for Brian's bandage...right?
Bud Shaver
Smiley Smile Associate

Let Us Go On This Way

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2019, 02:52:15 PM »

There must be another reason for Brian's bandage...right?

Possibly.

For a little background info, I want to point you to this article about Dan Patrick (sports radio personality in the US) where he discusses light chemo to treat his chronic joint pain. https://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-dan-patrick-illness-health-20190503-story.html
SMiLE-addict
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2019, 03:29:13 PM »

Those R some cool pics!
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2019, 03:54:26 PM »

Brian’s Back!

Looks like he’s in a wheelchair?

It sure does.  But hopefully he really is feeling a lot better.

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx