gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 07:01:17 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: STP’s Purple 25th Anniversary set to include Beach Boys Cover...  (Read 1836 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« on: June 07, 2019, 08:43:04 PM »

“She Knows Me Too Well “

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/stone-temple-pilots-announce-purple-super-deluxe-edition/

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
jeremylr
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 11:35:34 AM »

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/stone-temple-pilots-cover-beach-boys-894002/

As written by Andy Greene for Rolling Stone...

The most surprising song on the set is a cover of the obscure 1964 Beach Boys song “She Knows Me Too Well.” “That was recorded during the Purple sessions,” STP bassist Robert DeLeo tells Rolling Stone. “That song and ‘Pretty Penny’ were both done during a field trip we did at one of Brendan O’Brien’s friends’ houses. We recorded them in the living room of his house on a 2 inch 8-track live tape.”

The song (written by Brian Wilson and Mike Love) was the B-side to “When I Grow Up (To Be a Man)” in 1964 and appeared on The Beach Boys Today! the following year. There is no record of the band ever playing it in concert, but Robert DeLeo has loved it for years.

“Being the youngest in our family, I would listen to the 45s that were always hanging out by the record player, and the Beach Boys 45s were the first ones I listened to,” he says. “There are certain obscure Beach Boys songs that have always been some of my favorites, including ‘She Knows Me Too Well’. When I first played that one for Scott [Weiland], he really fell in love with it, so I suggested that we cover it.”
ppk700
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 06:37:22 PM »

I was already excited for this boxset. Now I'm freakin' stoked.

I hope Tiny Music, No. 4, and Shangri-La all get this same treatment. And where's that new album at?? I need more STP!

Grin
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 08:11:21 PM »

It was a great cover (it’s embedded in the article). Shame they never finished it.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx