gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680740 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 11:03:26 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kim Shattuck RIP  (Read 1341 times)
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2019, 06:14:55 PM »

Kim Shattuck, who first gained notice as a member of the Pandoras and later led the pop/punk band the Muffs, died this morning in LA at the age of 56 after a two year battle with ALS aka Lou Gehrig’s disease.

As a rocker and a screamer she was second to none. The first two Muffs albums hold up as well as just about anything released in the 90s. But sometimes her songwriting displayed a gentler and occasionally BB’s influenced side. That was probably why she and her Muffs bandmates appeared at one of the Wild Honey shows in LA some years ago and performed this:

https://youtu.be/IHj8wKXiLR0

Seeing Kim taking on one of the most complicated Brian melodies is a little startling and though she might have done better tearing through, say, Little Honda, there’s something gentle and childlike in her delivery that fits in. She’ll be missed.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 10:48:30 AM »

I don't know her or her music but 56 is a tragically young age for anyone to die. I hope she has found peace now.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx