gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:42:40 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: YouTube to SoundCloud - and my ultimate mix tape . . .  (Read 1629 times)
BubbaFide
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2019, 12:34:17 PM »

For all you young'ns, back in the day we used to make "mix tapes."  I was a big fan of putting together my own mixes of albums, etc and probably sent a couple of mix tapes to a girlfriend or two . . alas . . .   

My understanding of music play lists stopped  with creating a playlist on my iPhone, which is fine if all the music is available on iTunes. 

Now, my quest is to expand on the BB 1973 IN CONCERT LP, and create an ultimate BB IN CONCERT mix tape from primarily from the era - plus a few other tunes.    From what I can tell, some of the music is only on YouTube, thus foiling my plan.   

My kids spend a lot of time on SoundCloud and my son has a couple of rap / hip-hop songs on there getting a lot of hits.  Would it be possible to create a "mixtape" on SoundCloud?  Can I record tunes from YouTube?   Suggestions?

BTW, here's the set list:   

1   Do It Again
2   Sail On Sailor
3   Sloop John B
4   Calfiornia Saga
5   Okie from Muscogie
6   Cotton Fields
7   Marcella
8   All I Want To Do
9   Darlin'
10   Wouldn't It Be Nice
11   Wild Honey
12   Feel Flows
13   Don't Go Near the Water
14   Long Promised Road
15   Heros & Villians
16   Add Some Music
17   Forever
18   Only With You
19   Trader
20   Its About Time
21   We Got love
22   Funky Pretty
23   Long Promised Road
24   I Just Wasn’t Made for These Times
25   God Only Knows
26   All This is That
27   Welfare Song
28   River Song
29   Angel Come Home
30   You Still Believe in Me
31   Getcha Back
32   Rock N Roll Music
33   Roller Skating Child
34   Isn't It Time
35   I Can Hear Music
36   Its Ok
37   Good Timin'
38   Come Go with Me
39   Let The Wind Blow
40   Caroline No
41   Don't Worry Baby
42   Keepin' The Summer Alive
43   Goin' On
44   Little Deuce Coupe
45   Dance Dance Dance
46   Surfin Safari
47   Catch A Wave
48   California Girls
49   Help My Rhonda
50   I Get Around
51   Surfin USA
52   Good Vibrations
53   Fun Fun Fun
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 10:57:52 AM »

Another option is subscribing to YouTube Music. The advantage over Spotify is you have access to both what is on Spotify and what is not on the srteaming sites but is on YouTube. Then you can create a playlist, download it online and listen offline.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 05:09:17 AM »

A quick answer: subscribe to Apple Music ($9.99 a month), download the songs you want from YouTube (using a third party program), upload those songs to Apple Music, and then assemble your custom playlists. As for your son's music, just send him an email asking for the files of his songs and upload those to Apple Music as well.

The details of the quick answer:

You could use YouTube Music to assemble your playlists of songs from YouTube...I did this recently. The major problem with this: You are never sure whether those rare tracks will be taken down by BRI or by the user who uploaded them. I had created many playlists in YouTube Music that ended up with so many songs missing after a couple months. It was so frustrating because there were some really cool tracks that just became unplayable, and I may never hear them again. And this is why it is a good idea just to rip the songs you want from YouTube so you can keep them forever...

There is a computer app that allows you to rip songs/video from YouTube. It is called "4K Video Downloader". You just copy the YouTube link of the song you want, then paste it in the program. Choose MP3 as your export, and in a few seconds you'll be downloading the file you can forever keep.

This is where Apple Music comes in. Apple Music allows you to upload up to 100,000 of your own songs (plus, you have access to their streaming service which has 50 Million songs and rising). So when you download all your rare Beach Boys tracks from YouTube, you can then drop them into iTunes and upload them to your Apple Music service (you HAVE to have iTunes in order for you to upload to Apple Music).

At that point you can find the 1973 In Concert album (already on Apple Music), add all those songs to a new playlist, then you can add the songs you ripped from YouTube onto that same playlist. You can then arrange those songs in any way you see fit.

And the same goes for your son's music on Soundcloud. I'm sure he'd be happy to email you the files. And if you'd rather, I'm pretty sure you can download those tracks directly from Soundcloud if you pay for them. Then you can just drag those tracks into iTunes, and then upload them to Apple Music.

I know all of that sounds overly confusing! Yes, the simplest thing you can do is use YouTube Music (as Joel recommended), or YouTube Premium, and assemble playlists (mixtapes) straight from YouTube. But the problem with that is that YouTube can take down any of those videos at any point (and they do this constantly due to copyrights, users taking their own videos down, etc). You will also not be able to upload your son's music to YouTube Music as they don't allow any user uploads at this time.

With Apple Music, once you upload your music it is there forever (as long as you keep paying $9.99 a month for their service). You have total control over the album artwork, song titles, etc (by using iTunes), and you can make as many playlists/mixtapes as you want. All of your songs and playlists will be available on any device that supports Apple Music.

Anywho, that's exactly what I do. It is somewhat confusing but it's well worth it in the end.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 10:44:27 PM »

This is how I record stuff from Youtube, soundcloud, etc. when straight up downloading isn't an option:

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/39532/how-to-enable-stereo-mix-in-windows-7-to-record-audio/

Does no one download via p2p/torrent or burn CDs anymore???

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx