gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:31:15 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Herman's Hermits fans?  (Read 6462 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2019, 07:00:34 PM »

Thanks to the recommendation, Lonely Summer. I'll download & listen to that album.

Meanwhile, still curious about the answer to this:

I still didn't get the best answer, despite NBBF pointing at the OP's OP. Anybody got the real definitive answer to why novelty songs looked at as "Z-grade ditties"?
I read that people use "novelty" negatively. Anybody know why they're considered "Z-grade ditties"? People in youtube & elsewhere use "novelty" negatively. Any detailed well-written answer why is it people use it negatively? Anybody? Thanks in advance. Smiley 3D police
If need be, I shall be getting back to this question to remind everybody kindly about it. Smiley Maybe 10 times, maybe 15 times. Smiley
Anybody can answer? Thanks in advance. Smiley

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Occasional grilled cheese
Smiley Smile Associate

Quickly Duncan, the strengths!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2021, 09:02:38 AM »

Love the Hermits. Seems like Peter Noone kept a steady but low profile re-recording the hits for movie soundtracks over the years. On a whim a few years ago l rented The Brave Little Toaster on DVD (thanks Video Underground) and it came with this disproportionately hilarious behind the scenes featurette covering the two straight-to-video sequels. Noone appears about halfway through to talk jokingly about the history of the band, with recording footage mixed in. Had to keep rewinding the part where he talks about the Herman's Hermits business cards costing £9.

The featurette's on youtube (albeit with Little Richard's music muted out) and I'd dare say this is more entertaining then the films themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dh7Wz0lUoA

Try Q-Z-2-U-H
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2021, 06:20:55 PM »

Love the Hermits. Seems like Peter Noone kept a steady but low profile re-recording the hits for movie soundtracks over the years. On a whim a few years ago l rented The Brave Little Toaster on DVD (thanks Video Underground) and it came with this disproportionately hilarious behind the scenes featurette covering the two straight-to-video sequels. Noone appears about halfway through to talk jokingly about the history of the band, with recording footage mixed in. Had to keep rewinding the part where he talks about the Herman's Hermits business cards costing £9.

The featurette's on youtube (albeit with Little Richard's music muted out) and I'd dare say this is more entertaining then the films themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dh7Wz0lUoA
Peter seems to limit his recording these days to one-off tracks that are posted on youtube, spotify, etc. A couple years ago, he did a real nice song with a duo called The Red Button - "Ooh Girl". Last year, he recorded a remake of "Friday on My Mind". Says he has no interest in doing another album because people don't buy them anymore.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx