gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:54:33 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Signed Guitar  (Read 1113 times)
Rick5150
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2019, 03:50:19 AM »

I am not sure how legitimate this is, but thought that it may be of interest to someone. I was looking for a watch and I came across this. Please delete if it is already posted elsewhere.

Beach Boys Guitar

The are a lot of guitars that are listed by different artists - all by a brand called Huntington - so they are probably replicas.

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 06:49:30 AM »

The market is flooded with this type of stuff. Dealers simply take the pick guard on its own out and get all the autographs (so they don't have to lug the guitar around), and then stick the pick guard on the super cheap knock-off guitar.

I've never understood the appeal of having one or a bunch of autographs from non-guitar players on a guitar.

If one was inclined to collect autographs (I don't; I have a few in my collection that I usually wasn't even seeking out), I'd say an autographed album cover, or group photo, or tour program, or something of that nature, would be more appealing.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 08:19:30 AM »

If someone wants it, go for it. But keep in mind this is a bizarre cottage industry and as described by HeyJude, these people have hired help following these celebs around with guitar pickguards to grab autographs. The actual guitars are budget knock-offs that are generally sold new for 100 bucks or less. It's for display only, and the guitar itself has no value.

I don't get it either. Guitars are made to be played, and why hang a knock-off on your wall...

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx