-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:40:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Anyone here who can draw caricatures?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Anyone here who can draw caricatures?  (Read 6102 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« on: May 12, 2019, 12:56:53 PM »

The topic says it all, I guess. I have absolutely no talent for drawing but have some ideas for a couple of political caricatures. Would anybody be interested in trying to get to paper what I have in mind? PM me.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 04:58:16 PM »

Hello. Woodstock can draw, maybe try to ask him: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php?action=profile;u=5792

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 03:14:45 AM »

Thanks! Will try to contact him

If anbody else has interest, feel free to message me or post here.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 04:18:48 AM »

Well, it seems like Woodstock - by his own admission - has as much talent as I. So, if anyone is interested in doing something like mentioned above, please message me.

- Jack Rieley
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 05:28:54 AM »

You could try Emdeeh, rab2591, pixletwin, Micha and maybe dellydel.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 06:27:54 AM »

Micha can't draw, didn't post in years.
Ditto dellydel.
pixletwin will not be good help either.
Not sure about Emdeeh & rab2591.
Anyhoo, I did send Rocker message hour back. Check inbox.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 12:29:16 PM »

Micha can't draw, didn't post in years.
Ditto dellydel.
pixletwin will not be good help either.
Not sure about Emdeeh & rab2591.
Anyhoo, I did send Rocker message hour back. Check inbox.

Yes, thanks. You probably read my reply by now.
Guess I have to wait

- Jack Rieley
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 04:44:00 PM »

Yes, I read it right away when you sent it. The advice is along the lines of to get many people to hear you. Weirdly, as you see, many people quit posting here & I said that it would be best if you voice this thread subject to many boards - EH, Hoffman, BW board etc. Not just here. I draw caricatures at free time but wouldn't do justice to politics-themed. I've zero idea about how to draw politics. If I knew, I'd try to help you of course. But, alas, I can't.
Thus, you may hear that advice & repeat the question in different boards. Good luck. 3D
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 04:44:56 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2019, 07:06:30 AM »

Yes, I read it right away when you sent it. The advice is along the lines of to get many people to hear you. Weirdly, as you see, many people quit posting here & I said that it would be best if you voice this thread subject to many boards - EH, Hoffman, BW board etc. Not just here. I draw caricatures at free time but wouldn't do justice to politics-themed. I've zero idea about how to draw politics. If I knew, I'd try to help you of course. But, alas, I can't.
Thus, you may hear that advice & repeat the question in different boards. Good luck. 3D

Well, my plan was just that I need someone who draws what I tell him. Content, concept etc. of the caricature would come from me. It's really just the drawing.
Thanks! If I ever get further I will post it here.

- Jack Rieley
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2019, 07:12:45 AM »

Is it assignment to get the caricature done, with deadline, or is it just casual idea you've got, no rush?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: