gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 10:17:50 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which singles are unique mixes, different edits and new recordings (vs LP)?  (Read 6855 times)
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2021, 09:14:16 PM »

I can’t speak to a lot of these, but the single version of California Saga: California is faster and has some more vocals from Brian. It also has horn overdubs, and there might be other changes I can’t remember at the moment.
RingoStarr39
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2021, 05:06:23 PM »

There's an alternate single mix of School Day that was also on Ten Years of Harmony.

https://youtu.be/FLUxw62eCNA
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2021, 02:12:24 PM »

Bluebirds Over The Mountain:
The Dutch mis-mix was already mentioned by dogear. They acccidentally mixed the extra percussion for the single version up front instead of more in the background). Surprisingly despite of this it still was a decent hit here.

Surfin’ Safari:
Also mentioned by dogear. Original 60s German release on the Ariola label. But it’s a different take they used.

And if the Party tracks that were put on single fall under this category:
Mountain Of Love: no intro/less chatter after (b-side Then I Kissed Her, released in most countries in 1967)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 02:25:55 PM by smile-holland » Logged

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx