gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:11:49 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cease To Exists Question  (Read 2377 times)
Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

My Favorite Beach Boy ( The Real Surfer)

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2019, 12:41:35 PM »

In the song that Dennis Did called Never Learn Not To Love why did he want to do that song if Manson was Stalking him. Also what is the meaning of this song and Manson's song of Cease To Exist

I had a fast Life
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 03:42:31 PM »

Probably recorded before he figured Manson was best to be avoided?
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 07:37:01 PM »

NLNTL is cool. 3D Who cares if it's Manson-penned? You gotta listen to song's music & decide you like or dislike what you hear, not be fussed about songwriter's reputation.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 09:41:52 AM »

Manson wasn't stalking him at that time - or at least not so much that Dennis got freaked out.  He was providing women to Dennis while living in his house.  Dennis arranged a session at the studio in Brina's house, engineered by Stephen, with supposedly no one else in the studio (although apparently Brian was in the house) with the idea of cutting a demo tape to shop to labels.  After pulling a knife on Stephen the session ended, but later Dennis listened to the tape and liked Cease to Exist.

My understanding of the song is that it's about losing your identity to join a group and follow it's leader - give up your world, come and say you love me, etc.

I think it was wrong for Dennis not to give Manson credit, he felt he had given lots of money to Charlie besides letting him live in his house and eat his food and drink his liquor for free, but still . . .
Love Thang
Smiley Smile Associate

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2019, 03:36:37 AM »

My favorite version comes from American Family miniseries. It was hilarious.
SenorPotatoHead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 11:32:49 AM »

Manson may have been whatever Manson was (criminal, cult leader, murderer, patsy?) 
I think he also was a reasonably talented busker who came up with some good songs (Cease To Exist being one of them).
I can appreciate that while not necessarily appreciating the rest of what he was involved in. 
Just as I can still appreciate Phil Spectors productions, and Jim Gordon's musicianship, etc.
Even Lucifer played a kickass fiddle.   Violin

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 04:35:31 PM »

Agree.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Aum Bop Diddit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2019, 05:44:20 PM »

Hitler was a crappy painter however.

Hey!  Those are *MY* wind chimes!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx