gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:42:38 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I have laughed at this since I found it..  (Read 2564 times)
twentytwenty
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2019, 07:35:39 AM »

Ever since I found this clip on Al's youtube page I've laughed at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6npsGA329kc

We're starting at 1:50, Al turns towards Brian and want a keyboard solo, Brian starts playing, turn around with a big "f*cker" expression on his face back towards Al.
So funny I had to share
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 08:11:19 AM »

We're starting at 1:50, Al turns towards Brian and want a keyboard solo, Brian starts playing, turn around with a big "f*cker" expression on his face back towards Al.
So funny I had to share

Thx - loved that! I'm afraid those are the moments in concerts when I'm laughing so hard that I cry and I notice that the people around me think I'm nuts. Oh well, I have this vague memory of being shot that look myself. I don't remember the specifics, but in my case, I got the idea that I was saying something dumb and needed to shut up. Let's just say that there was a LOT I didn't know. Clearly, the whole band gets it and thinks it's funny. It's a "knock it off" thing.  LOL
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 12:41:16 PM »

So funny I had to share

LOL LOL LOL

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
brother john
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 01:12:43 AM »

And then at about 2.30 Brian looks at his watch. Classic.

Religion is a privilege, not a right.
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 09:50:57 AM »

Maybe it's Al's revenge for years of Brian calling him "Al Hardon"??  Smiley

I've seen him look at his watch before -- November 21, 2006 at the Beacon, at the end of "Caroline, No." My wife said, "What? Is he afraid he's gonna miss Ugly Betty?"

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2019, 10:21:26 AM »

Regarding Brian looking at his watch, he has done it at a number of shows, and it may well sometimes be due to him wanting to get the fudge off stage and go eat a sandwich or whatever.

But on this particular video, this was a show I was at. It was opening night on the 2015 "No Pier Pressure" tour. The venue has a strict sound curfew due to local ordinances and whatnot, and as you'll all recall on that 2015 tour, it had a longer-than-usual opening act with Rodriguez. I'm guessing Brian may be checking his watch to make sure they're off the stage by the cut-off time ("Rhonda" is near the end of the show).

In fact, if I recall correctly, I think it was a later show at this same venue in 2017 or 2018 where they had to cut the show short by a song or two because of that sound curfew/cutoff.

I know a number of other venues all around have similar sound curfews (and in some cases it's very strict; they'll literally pull the power plug on the PA if a band keeps going), so that may be why Brian checks his watch sometimes. It makes sense; if Brian is wanting the show to end sooner, checking his watch isn't really going to make that happen. If he wanted to guage how much "show" is left before he can get off the stage, looking at the setlist would make way more sense.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx