gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:53:37 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Last Beach Boys song you heard on the radio  (Read 6069 times)
BananaLouie
Smiley Smile Associate

Columnated ruins domino

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2019, 02:31:28 PM »

A frivolous thread topic I know (and who still listens to the radio anymore?) but what was the last Beach Boys song you heard on the radio? Perhaps it was Help Me Rhonda on an am oldies station or Sail On Sailor on an Fm classic rock station. I just heard When I Grow Up (To Be a Man) on the excellent oldies station in Windsor/Detroit.

"I'm not a genius. I'm just a hard working guy." - Brian Wilson
Slow In Brain
Smiley Smile Associate

Rainbow Eyes

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 05:00:11 PM »

There is a soft rock station playing on the radio at work. Every so often Kokomo gets a turn. Thats'about it. As you said who listens to the radio now I used to at home but now music is easier to access on your phone.

"When the time comes an American can't tell the truth because the Government doesn't, that's the time to give the country back to the Indians, if they'll have it." - Sam Holland

"What draws us all closer and makes us all care. Is not what we have, but the things that we share." - Jill Wolf
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 05:20:18 PM »

I Get Around - Sirius/XM 60s channel

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
beachcat
Smiley Smile Associate

Gen X'er "Living in the Past"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 06:41:20 PM »

I love fun little threads like these! Thanks, BananaLouie.

I don't listen to regular radio, because it's difficult for me to get good radio reception here in the Appalachians. But I do have Sirius XM, and the last BBs song I heard on there was "Good Vibrations" on the '60s on 6 channel. They seem to play that and "I Get Around" fairly often. Though I also heard "When I Grow Up (To Be a Man)" on there once recently. Gotta say, I really miss the special Beach Boys channel they had last summer.

"Star bright, star light,
Make this wish come true tonight..."
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 07:41:27 PM »

Funky Pretty...this afternoon...on 'The Train', FM 103.1...online at 1031thetrain.com  WE play a LOT of Beach Boys songs.  Although the old 60s hits prior to Pet Sounds are few and far between.  There's also some solo tracks from Dennis and Brian [of course] plus 1 solo # from Carl.  It's more of an adult music/Classic Rock mix...with a fair bit of newer material included so as not to lock anyone inside a time capsule.  There's several Pet Sounds songs, SMiLE, Wild Honey, Friends, 20/20. Sunflower, Surf's Up, Carl and the Passions, Holland and then a wee bit from after that.  [maybe another 7 or 8 songs]  Off the top of my head?    Maybe 35 songs over-all.

That's where I've been these past 10 months...prepping, then launching, then hosting, augmenting and working it.  Check it out.  If you like it?  Like it on FB.

Sorry for the shameless solicitation but someone asked.  Banana Louie I believe...listen and you'll also hear Louie and Banana and the train go by. Cool Guy

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
chewy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 09:44:34 PM »

well not the radio but i heard deuce coupe in trader joes the other day, i nearly dropped a raseberry jelly jar i was so stoked-  I'm telling you i'll always be down to hear that song. 
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 12:05:55 PM »

I literally just hear In My Car at Kroger just now and came here specifically to post that

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2019, 02:32:18 PM »

I literally just hear In My Car at Kroger just now and came here specifically to post that
Guess you were the master of your fate...  Grin
James Hughes-Clarke
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2019, 03:25:57 PM »

Darlin'

BBC Radio 2

Hypnotise me into thinking I'm not insane
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2019, 05:11:23 PM »

Guess you were the master of your fate...  Grin

LOL

My daughter thought the lyric was something else LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2019, 04:52:13 AM »

I didn't get that joke below. "California Dreamin'" is single "BBs" song played here.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2019, 05:29:59 PM »

I don't think I've heard any Beach Boys that I wasn't responsible for playing, since Christmas time when "Little Saint Nick" "The Man With all The Toys" "Frosty The Snowman" and the occasional rarity of "Christmas Day" turn up on our local Christmas channel.
Margarita
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2019, 09:15:32 PM »

I had Sirius XM 60s on 6 today while cleaning - heard "Do You Wanna Dance".  If you listen to that channel long enough on any given day, you will hear at least one BB song.  I haven't listened to regular radio since getting Sirius XM a few years ago, except for the local AM talk station on my morning commute.

But she's still dancing in the night unafraid of what a dude'll do in a town full of Heroes and Villains...
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2019, 12:35:53 PM »

The oldies stations that played 60's music in Los Angeles don't exist anymore.  It's all 80's on up.   
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2019, 11:05:40 AM »

Coming back from church, just after noon local time, heard In My Room on the Sirius 60s channel. That's a song I unfortunately rarely hear on the radio nowadays.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2019, 12:16:03 PM »

I played Add Some Music To Your Day early this morning...and then 3.3 hours later...The Trader. Cool Guy  Loads of people heard those 2 songs...typical of what 'we' play on The Train.  We're mostly 'on' the Good Vibrations/Smile era to Holland with a few more from before and after.  You know...the COOL stuff which fits in well with an adult Classic Rock vibe. Cool
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 12:17:43 PM by Lee Marshall » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2019, 12:21:42 PM »

I played Add Some Music To Your Day early this morning...and then 3.3 hours later...The Trader. Cool Guy  Loads of people heard those 2 songs...typical of what 'we' play on The Train.  We're mostly 'on' the Good Vibrations/Smile era to Holland with a few more from before and after.  You know...the COOL stuff which fits in well with an adult Classic Rock vibe. Cool

Well, I would call the early stuff pretty cool as well. But I wished more people would get to know what a awesome song "The Trader" is. Certainly the best collaboration of Carl and Rieley. What a song!  Shocked

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2019, 08:28:31 PM »

I hear them all the time on 2 local oldies stations, so it really doesn't jump out at me, except when it's a lesser played track. KGHO in Olympia, WA, likes to play the H&V version featuring "you're under arrest!" They sometimes play the "hum dee dum" version of GV. And they play things like Darlin', Wild Honey and Do It Again that don't normally get played.
spgass
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2019, 08:58:25 AM »

Yesterday I was listening to the 102.9fm ("The Valley FM" http://wxva.com/ out of Winchester, VA) and heard All Summer Long. 
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2019, 09:23:15 AM »

Sail On Sailor!
Curt Lambert
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2019, 09:03:58 AM »

I Can Hear Music On Sirrius xm yesterday. If you a Sirrius set up that allows you to set Alerts you can hear a lot of Beach Boys. Their various channels play a lot of Beach Boys throughout the day. Hoping they bring back The Beach Boys channel for the summer.
BananaLouie
Smiley Smile Associate

Columnated ruins domino

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2019, 06:43:14 AM »

Just heard Rock and Roll Music on an AT40 show from July 1976, always nice to hear their 70’s music on FM radio. Cool

Radio 7
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2019, 07:42:59 AM »

Just heard Rock and Roll Music on an AT40 show from July 1976, always nice to hear their 70’s music on FM radio.

Last week they AT40 played Getcha Back from ‘85
BananaLouie
Smiley Smile Associate

Columnated ruins domino

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2019, 07:47:43 AM »

Just heard Rock and Roll Music on an AT40 show from July 1976, always nice to hear their 70’s music on FM radio.

Last week they AT40 played Getcha Back from ‘85

Nice! I’ve also heard Come Go With Me and Wipe Out on AT40.

BananaLouie
Smiley Smile Associate

Columnated ruins domino

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2019, 07:51:14 AM »

Last night I listened to an excellent show hosted by Randy Bachman and he played Wrecking Crew songs, among them, Surf City, Don’t Worry Baby, I Get Around and Good Vibrations.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx