gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
647517 Posts in 25905 Topics by 3700 Members - Latest Member: BigRed June 16, 2019, 08:03:23 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: R.I.P. Scott Walker  (Read 363 times)
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2019, 02:41:52 AM »

We've lost a great singer and a great character. My favourite non-musical memory of Scott Walker was when he burst into a cinema in the middle of The Ten Commandments and asked "Has God been on yet?" He was politely shown the door. LOL

"Love Her" is my favourite Walker Brothers song (a Jack Nitzsche production I believe). May he rest in peace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIZe_dLa58U

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/mar/25/scott-walker-experimental-pop-hero-dies-aged-76

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 05:01:24 AM »

I'll have to check this out and other Walker Brothers songs . Am only familiar with "The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore."

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 08:41:01 AM »

Jack Nitzsche arranged Love Her but it (and the other three tracks the Walker Brothers cut in LA before going to London) were produced by Nick Venet so thatís one thing Scott had in common with our guys.
Jeanster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 04:26:53 AM »

Jackie and Matilde were my two favourites, stunning vocals and the arrangements were sublime.

I have to mention Joanna written by Britain's own Jackie Trent and Tony Hatch ... : - )

Caretaker in an aesthetic prison of my own dimension.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 05:31:25 AM »

Jackie and Matilde were my two favourites, stunning vocals and the arrangements were sublime.

I have to mention Joanna written by Britain's own Jackie Trent and Tony Hatch ... : - )

It never dawned on me that Jackie Trent was a songwriter (they say you learn something new every day).

I remember her from her gorgeous hit of 1965, "Where Are You Now", which I now see she co-wrote!

Thanks for the memory, J. And rest in peace, Ms Trent.

rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 12:37:06 PM »

https://youtu.be/X48C2RWvmZ0

Not only did Jackie Trent cowrite Scottís highest charting solo 45, she also was the first to cover one of his songs....
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx