gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:46:20 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike working on yet another new album  (Read 51607 times)
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2019, 06:17:03 AM »

"Rockaway Beach" is now on Spotify (Europe)

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2019, 06:19:10 AM »

"Rockaway Beach" is now "officially" up on YouTube in full:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1B8Xm3dsv0

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2019, 09:27:57 AM »

This is about as awful as it gets. The voice, that wasn't very good to begin with, is shot to hell from 649 concerts a year(talk about overexposure!). No one, absolutely nobody cares what Mike Love is trying to do these days, and are probably surprised he's even still around. He's a friggin' parody of himself in yet this geezer still thinks he's has major importance in the world of entertainment. Sad. Just sad that's all.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2019, 09:28:43 AM »

"Rockaway Beach" is now "officially" up on YouTube in full:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1B8Xm3dsv0

I'd be lyin' if I said I loved it...
Steve Latshaw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2019, 09:54:37 AM »

Love the new track.  Great, unpretentious fun.  The Ramones would have loved it!
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 30, 2019, 10:09:17 AM »

This is actually pretty good. His voice sounds pretty good without all the excessive auto tone and certainly not worn out by all the concerts he plays. I have to say it's interesting to see what Mike Love is trying to do these days, and i'm really happy he's still around and trying to put out new music. It's a pretty good friggin' cover of a different song/genre while he stays true to himself and his sound this is very solid work by Mike and he's defiantly staying out there and relevant.  Excited. Very excited to see what the new album brings. Way to go Mike!  LOL LOL LOL LOL

« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 10:10:03 AM by baseball95 » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: May 30, 2019, 10:14:24 AM »

Love the new track.  Great, unpretentious fun.  The Ramones would have loved it!

I'm pretty loathe to assume a band whose primary/original members are *all* deceased would have liked something.

I don't think Mike's music could often much be framed as pretentious, so "unpretentious" is his standard setting. Which obviously isn't inherently a bad thing.

Sometimes unpretentious can translate to insubstantial.

I'd say with some key exceptions, most covers (certainly among the band's solo output) tend to be among the less substantive material in the catalog.

But, I'm not into going after the low-lying fruit of Mike's solo output. This album doesn't appear to be hurting anyone. I don't think Mike's voice is suited at all to a Ramones song.  

If Mike absolutely must continue to release stuff, I'd just as soon see him reissue the Celebration albums, or at least "Almost Summer", which I'm stunned he hasn't revisited *at all* either in the studio or live in concert.

I genuinely believe if he had just put out that circa 2004 comp of solo material (with some minor track selection tweaking), fans and critics would have liked it much, much more.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: May 30, 2019, 10:20:02 AM »

This is actually pretty good. His voice sounds pretty good without all the excessive auto tone and certainly not worn out by all the concerts he plays. I have to say it's interesting to see what Mike Love is trying to do these days, and i'm really happy he's still around and trying to put out new music. It's a pretty good friggin' cover of a different song/genre while he stays true to himself and his sound this is very solid work by Mike and he's defiantly staying out there and relevant.  Excited. Very excited to see what the new album brings. Way to go Mike!  LOL LOL LOL LOL

I certainly would buy that he (and others involved in the album) have heard the complaints about autotune and dialed it back, but it's still there to my ears.

While Mike's voice certainly qualifies as "not too bad for a guy pushing 80 who tours all year, every year", his voice most certainly, again in my opinion, *has* been strained for many years now by excessive touring.

While this Ramones cover isn't doing much for *me*, if he had released this as a single and we *didn't* know what else was coming on the album, I'd think "yeah, maybe he's got something more interesting up his sleeve." But nope. The album has remakes of "Surfin' Safari", "Surfin", and other Beach Boys tracks. It's literally like outtakes from the second disc of "Unleash the Love."

It's not a glowing review when the most interesting potential track name on the list is a re-recording of a late 70s third-tier Beach Boys outtake that's not even in the Top 20 of unreleased tracks from the late 70s. I'm about as excited about Mike remaking "California Beach" as I was when I found out Brian was remaking "Saturday Morning in the City."  LOL

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 30, 2019, 10:27:02 AM »

The Rockaway Beach cover is pretty bleh to my ears. Just kinda lame and generically bad.

However, the bar has been set so low with autotune-heavy atrocities like Do It Again with awful Mark McGrath, and the embarrassing/offensive curry line in Ram Raj, that it actually makes Rockaway Beach seem like a breath of fresh air by comparison.

I do, however, appreciate the idea of covering a Ramones song. At least in theory it's kind of a cool concept. There are glimpses of Mike's voice sounding acceptable in this cover version, but overall the vocal is really stilted, awkward, and strained, and feels like it was really cobbled together out of "the best that they could do" or something like that. Sort of like Brian's often apathetic vocals on parts of GIOMH, it sounds like Mike absolutely didn't labor over making it the best he could.

Aside from Mike's vocals, the backing track itself is mediocre; not awful but most certainly not particularly great. Again, considering how low the bar has been set, it makes it actually sound better, and I'm tempted to say it's "okay" even though I'd shrug and say it's pretty meh if I wasn't comparing it to anything else.

I feel like Mike dialed down the autotune (thankfully) due to the amount of criticism he received online for it on recent projects. In fact I'd be utterly surprised if that wasn't the precise reason for it being less offensively present here.  
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 10:47:21 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 30, 2019, 10:27:30 AM »

I really enjoy Mike's new version of Rockaway Beach. Sure, he doesn't sound like a young man, but to my ears to auto-tune seems to be more subtle this time around (still there, just less offensive) and the production is pretty lively. If the rest of the album sounds like this, I think I will enjoy it. People who are trying to analyze and nitpick every note and aspect of this record are just creating unnecessary stress for themselves in my opinion, it's clearly supposed to be just a fun collection of summer songs, not to be taken too seriously. I'm hoping some of these songs will make a nice addition to my Beach Boys playlist. I've wanted to hear a proper, more 'ballsy', studio version of Summertime Blues from the boys. Neither the Surfin Safari nor Adrian Baker versions really do it for me. The song sounds great when they play it live, so hopefully we get another cut in the vein of Wild Honey from UTL- meaning, pretty live sounding, all things considered. On that note, since Cowsill's Wild Honey definitely stole the show on Disc 2 of UTL, I'm hoping we get a studio version of KTSA with a Cowsill lead, and maybe get that song back in the tour repertoire. I'm not even in love with that particular song to be honest, but it's very fun to hear live and I think Cowsill would nail it. I've also always wanted to hear Beach Boys style harmonies on Here Comes The Sun, so we might be in for a real treat, that song could definitely go either way.
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 30, 2019, 10:37:40 AM »

There are glimpses of Mike's voice sounding acceptable in this cover version, but overall the vocal is really stilted, awkward, and strained...

This is what I thought too. It's a fun song overall, more hard-charging than we've generally heard from the guys in recent years (decades?)... which is great! But there's something clumsy about the vocal phrasings, particularly right out of the gate with the first few lines. He sounds somewhat better as it goes on, but he probably needed more takes to really sound comfortable with it and find the groove. 

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 30, 2019, 10:48:08 AM »

There are glimpses of Mike's voice sounding acceptable in this cover version, but overall the vocal is really stilted, awkward, and strained...

This is what I thought too. It's a fun song overall, more hard-charging than we've generally heard from the guys in recent years (decades?)... which is great! But there's something clumsy about the vocal phrasings, particularly right out of the gate with the first few lines. He sounds somewhat better as it goes on, but he probably needed more takes to really sound comfortable with it and find the groove.  

Agreed.

The funny thing is, on this song, the fact that less autotune is being slathered on on Mike's voice actually has the effect of making Mike sound *younger* because it no longer feels like a robot is being used as a crutch for a voice that is barely there at all. That's the false impression one gets when autotune is leaned on so heavily. In reality, Mike still has an ok voice, although it is overly-strained due to over-touring... that said, his voice on this sounds WAY better with less/no autotune compared to other released stuff we've heard lately.

When hearing this song, I actually said to myself "well Mike certainly doesn't sound great, but his voice is still in waaay better shape compared to what one might be led to believe hearing him being turned into a robot on Do It Again and the like".

IMO Mike should be doing leads like Cool Head, Warm Heart, in his Meant For You/Kokomo type voice. I'll never understand why he didn't lean into that vocal style more often.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 10:50:29 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: May 30, 2019, 11:19:25 AM »

Keep a tally of how many replies use the term "fun" when describing this track. Seems to be a trend surrounding Mike releasing covers over the past few years.  Wink

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 30, 2019, 11:41:03 AM »

I think Rockaway Beach is can good! It's better than I expected. I'm all for Mike doing another album, as long as the remakes and autotune are at a minimum. I'll no doubt be given up for completely insane for saying this, but I honestly believe that "Ram Raj" is better than the majority of Brian's NPP.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 30, 2019, 11:44:25 AM »

I think the track itself sounds good, but frankly Mike's voice is showing its age. I agree with others here that it's a relief not to hear heavy Autotune (the bane of modern music, imho).
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: May 30, 2019, 11:45:28 AM »

What stands out to me is how Mike with the Beach Boys especially during the earlier years up to 1964-65 was part of the direct link to what became the sound of the Ramones in the 70's. Watch live clips of the BB's doing "Papa Ooo Mow Mow", watch them on the TAMI Show, listen to other live tracks from 64...*That* is a major part of the sound that became the Ramones. Listen to Dennis - especially live - just playing the sh*t out of his drums. That, right there, is pure rock-and-roll, pure energy, the proverbial ticking time bomb of a beat that threatens to explode at any second, and it's the driving force. Yet it is a simple, straight 8th rock and roll beat...rock and roll stripped down to the bare essentials and played by young guys like Dennis who would go balls-to-the-wall and play the sh*t out of the songs.

Then there are Mike's vocals, again check out the earliest record they cut in a studio, "Surfin'", seek out a rip of the Candix 45. It's basic, stripped down rock and roll, and Mike's lead vocal is delivered with that "x factor" of an attitude and a drive that overdrives and distorts his microphone...and the effect is essentially that same attitude and undefinable drive that ended up appearing again on Ramones records and live shows.  Listen to "Papa Ooo Mow Mow" on the live versions from the 60's which we do have available, and consider how many nights went unrecorded and are lost to time when Mike or Dennis may have kicked off the tune a little too fast, maybe the adrenaline combined with a wild audience kicked in and they just played all out...And *that*, right there, was the same electricity that The Ramones would tap into and amplify even more at their live shows.

I hear so much of Dennis Wilson, early-to-mid-60's, in Tommy Ramone's drumming. That all-out, muscular, straight-8th bashing of the drums that was the hot-rodded engine driving the band. The Ramones stripped everything down to its basics when they played live. No long guitar solos if there was a solo at all, basic bass patterns, straightforward rock and roll drumming, but on top were great melodies and the whole package was delivered with an attitude that cannot be defined in words...but you know it when you see it and hear it.

Watch TAMI Show or Papa Ooo Mow Mow from "Lost Concert"...Dennis has it. Listen to Mike's vocals on the original "Surfin'" 45, and Mike doing Papa Ooo Mow Mow live (or on the Party album)...Mike has it.

Then watch some original Ramones concert footage, when Tommy Ramone was still the drummer, 1978 and earlier...They're doing a lot of what the Beach Boys were doing live in 63-64, only amped up and cranked up...and stripped down to pure rock and roll even more. It can be glorious in its energy, it can be like watching a trainwreck about to happen...but it's rock and roll.

So here is Mike in 2019 dropping a cover of Rockaway Beach. He was part of the original - OG - group of young guys who inspired the Ramones to do what they ended up doing.

What I don't understand is, if Mike is going to cover the Ramones, or other similar songs and artists, why doesn't he embrace some of that same attitude which practically gave birth to all the later sounds which the Ramones and others refined and turbo-charged, instead of trying to make a "clean" record out of a song like Rockaway Beach? I can't express how many times I wish the Beach Boys in general had cut loose, gone all-out, balls-to-the-wall and played rock and roll...and captured it on a recording somehow in these later years. They were the forefathers of those sounds, yet we get clean and almost sterile records like Rockaway Beach when the songs are screaming for that kind of energy we see from Dennis at TAMI and hear from Mike on Surfin'.

But alas, and of course, Dennis is gone and Mike is no longer a young man. None of them are, so does that mean the pure abandon and pure joy of playing rock and roll too loud, too fast, and experiencing the sheer joy of plugging in an electric guitar, turning it up to 10, and letting rip on an A power chord is gone too?

I hope not. But Mike's new single release doesn't give much hope, if any hope at all, that we'll see what pure fun in rock and roll really is from some of the originators, and how it's done. Maybe it truly is a young man's game.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Rick5150
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 30, 2019, 11:51:25 AM »

But there's something clumsy about the vocal phrasings, particularly right out of the gate with the first few lines.

I am a Ramones fan and I know that they respected The Beach Boys. It sounds like Mike is trying too hard to enunciate every single work, and that works against him a bit, but I think it is a fun song, and it fits the Beach Boys sound. And Mike's. I hope we see a lot of airplay this summer and if nothing else, people would appreciate the original. 
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 30, 2019, 12:06:20 PM »

What stands out to me is how Mike with the Beach Boys especially during the earlier years up to 1964-65 was part of the direct link to what became the sound of the Ramones in the 70's. Watch live clips of the BB's doing "Papa Ooo Mow Mow", watch them on the TAMI Show, listen to other live tracks from 64...*That* is a major part of the sound that became the Ramones. Listen to Dennis - especially live - just playing the sh*t out of his drums. That, right there, is pure rock-and-roll, pure energy, the proverbial ticking time bomb of a beat that threatens to explode at any second, and it's the driving force. Yet it is a simple, straight 8th rock and roll beat...rock and roll stripped down to the bare essentials and played by young guys like Dennis who would go balls-to-the-wall and play the sh*t out of the songs.

Then there are Mike's vocals, again check out the earliest record they cut in a studio, "Surfin'", seek out a rip of the Candix 45. It's basic, stripped down rock and roll, and Mike's lead vocal is delivered with that "x factor" of an attitude and a drive that overdrives and distorts his microphone...and the effect is essentially that same attitude and undefinable drive that ended up appearing again on Ramones records and live shows.  Listen to "Papa Ooo Mow Mow" on the live versions from the 60's which we do have available, and consider how many nights went unrecorded and are lost to time when Mike or Dennis may have kicked off the tune a little too fast, maybe the adrenaline combined with a wild audience kicked in and they just played all out...And *that*, right there, was the same electricity that The Ramones would tap into and amplify even more at their live shows.

I hear so much of Dennis Wilson, early-to-mid-60's, in Tommy Ramone's drumming. That all-out, muscular, straight-8th bashing of the drums that was the hot-rodded engine driving the band. The Ramones stripped everything down to its basics when they played live. No long guitar solos if there was a solo at all, basic bass patterns, straightforward rock and roll drumming, but on top were great melodies and the whole package was delivered with an attitude that cannot be defined in words...but you know it when you see it and hear it.

Watch TAMI Show or Papa Ooo Mow Mow from "Lost Concert"...Dennis has it. Listen to Mike's vocals on the original "Surfin'" 45, and Mike doing Papa Ooo Mow Mow live (or on the Party album)...Mike has it.

Then watch some original Ramones concert footage, when Tommy Ramone was still the drummer, 1978 and earlier...They're doing a lot of what the Beach Boys were doing live in 63-64, only amped up and cranked up...and stripped down to pure rock and roll even more. It can be glorious in its energy, it can be like watching a trainwreck about to happen...but it's rock and roll.

Great perspective! And the feel you describe is part of why I actually do like the choice of Rockaway Beach as a cover, even if the execution could perhaps be improved upon.

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: May 30, 2019, 12:12:44 PM »

I'm also okay with pointing out that, while it's kind of a reverential joke at this point, it's absolutely true that The Ramones re-made the same song over and over and over and over. Their stuff has never interested me. It doesn't mean they suck, and I guess not *every* single song sounds *exactly* like "Rock n Roll High School." But a bunch do, and the three-chord thing with that same singing over and over has never been something I was into.

So while a Ramones remake isn't the most obvious thing Mike could have done, musically it's less substantive than even some of Mike's other solo material. I'll listen to "Cool Head" over "Rockaway Beach" any time.

As much as people have ragged on "Looking Back With Love" over the years, it's frankly more listenable on *many* levels than a ton of later stuff. It's at least *his* voice, and it's competently produced (even with that sterile late 70s/early 80s Eddie Rabbit-sounding production), and the title track wouldn't be too bad with a different set of lyrics. I'll listen to "Paradise Found" over his new stuff any day. LBWL is essentially "MIU Album II" minus the other Beach Boys, which is frankly more interesting, enjoyable, and substantive than his later solo output, with the exception of some of those 2004 solo tracks.

Mikes voice did and does have a place in the modern writing/recording world. I'm not even like a HUGE fan of *all* the Paley sessions material, but Mike singing some lines on something like "Chain Reaction of Love" is where he's best suited. And the low end on the harmonies on stuff like the intro to "Pacific Coast Highway."

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: May 30, 2019, 12:16:57 PM »

Remember when Mike said in the aftermath of C50 that he and Brian had initially some time previously discussed an oldies/covers album, and how he seemed disappointed that project never happened.

Does this new album resemble at all what he was thinking back then? Imagine the first new Beach Boys album in 20 years in 2012, and seeing a re-re-recording of "Summertime Blues" and "The Girl from Ipanema" and stuff like that.

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 30, 2019, 12:26:14 PM »

Some guy named Jorah posted this on that other board. A boardie over there thought it was by HeyJude under a pseudonym (which I definitely took as a compliment). But anyways, I've been permission to repost by Mr. Mormont. So I figured I'd throw his thoughts in here if anybody cares...

Wow. Michael sounds pretty wobbly on this one. I applaud him for trying to "rock" a bit more but I have to say that in the studio, perhaps Mike shouldn't be doing leads like this kind anymore. It's kinda like Brian on the verses of 2017's "Run, James, Run" in that these quicker rockers are just too wordy and energetic to get truly great performances from these guys anymore. Just as Brian voice is better suited to ballad type material these days ("Please Let Me Wonder" live, "Summer's Gone", "Whatever Happened"), Mike is now at his best when he's doing a "Cool Head, Warm Heart", "Daybreak Over the Ocean" or "Kokomo" type deal. It's Alan Jardine who is best doing the uptempo leads these days. Or the least having Alan double Mike like he did on "Beaches In Mind". And all this is yet another reason that Brian, Mike and Al should at least be recording together. But hey, that's their choice(s).

Lastly, it kinda makes me feel a wee bit uncomfortable when they are doing work with artists/cover artists that they have no knowledge of. I myself would be incredibly surprised if Mike Love knows a single Ramones song and/or has ever heard of them, outside of seeing people where their tee-shirt. Same for Brian. Though I could see both actually kinda liking music like "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend" and maybe even something like "Judy is a Punk" I just don't think Mr. Lifestyles-of-the-Rich-and-Famous, jet-setting, PMRC supporting Mike Love has ever given more than possibly a few thoughts of the Ramones. Just as I can't imagine Brian truly being able to name a pop star who came to prominence after, say, Phil Collins or Lionel Richie. For whatever reason, the guys don't seem connected to contemporary music after around the mid-'80s. Honestly, as far as influences, you don't hear much past the late '60s for Brian, while with Mike you usually have your doo-wop and early rock influences, though I suppose Buffett's "trop-rock" may have been an influence for later work.

But then sometimes I get surprised, like when you have Brian talking up Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, which I never thought he would like, or Mike's Bruno Mars love (though I get the feeling Mike saw him on TV and just kinda put a wish out there to work with him, I never got the feeling that Mars was ever approached by the Love camp, nor would he likely accept. For whatever reason, probably the best Mike could do is these days is Hanson, who ain't so current). Al and Bruce eem to be a bit more plugged in (in their own respective ways) with Al occasionally singing the praises of relatively newer groups like the Fleet Foxes and Bruce (ugh) talking about modern day country (which let's be honest, mostly is a massive corruption of the great country music that was made during the 20th century).

Lastly, sorry for going way off track there. But the idea of any of The Beach Boys covering a punk tune kinda made me snicker and I had to post. My b.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 12:43:19 PM by Jim V. » Logged
Rick5150
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 30, 2019, 12:40:19 PM »

Mike could have done "Beat On The Brat" easily enough, but it is missing that "summery vibe".
BeachBoysCovers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: May 30, 2019, 12:55:09 PM »

Keep a tally of how many replies use the term "fun" when describing this track. Seems to be a trend surrounding Mike releasing covers over the past few years.  Wink

Last I checked fun was still a good thing?

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2019, 01:06:14 PM »

Some guy named Jorah posted this on that other board. A boardie over there thought it was by HeyJude under a pseudonym (which I definitely took as a compliment). But anyways, I've been permission to repost by Mr. Mormont. So I figured I'd throw his thoughts in here if anybody cares...

I don't post on the "Endless Harmony" board and never have. I read it sometimes. But I don't post on that or any other BB board under pseudonyms or otherwise. I've been on the BB interwebs for coming up on 25 years and haven't thus far been dragged into *that* particular accusation.

I've reached out to someone via e-mail on the other board and asked them to let that poster on that board and any other needed parties over there know that whoever that is on the EH board, it isn't me. If anyone here could also help me let folks on that board know, that would be much appreciated.

Trust me, nobody wants to drag me into this sort of BS. Bad idea.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 01:06:58 PM by HeyJude » Logged

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2019, 01:13:14 PM »

I don't post on the "Endless Harmony" board and never have. I read it sometimes. But I don't post on that or any other BB board under pseudonyms or otherwise. I've been on the BB interwebs for coming up on 25 years and haven't thus far been dragged into *that* particular accusation.

I've reached out to someone via e-mail on the other board and asked them to let that poster on that board and any other needed parties over there know that whoever that is on the EH board, it isn't me. If anyone here could also help me let folks on that board know, that would be much appreciated.

Trust me, nobody wants to drag me into this sort of BS. Bad idea.

Golly HJ, I think you took that a bit too seriously. Obviously it was myself posing as Jorah on that board and I outed myself as that poster on that board.

I was simply paying you a compliment by saying that somebody thought that I was you. I suppose from now on I will no longer try to good naturedly engage you. My apologies, seriously. Did not want to drag anybody into anything.  Undecided
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 01:13:45 PM by Jim V. » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx