gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:09:45 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Toy Story 4 trailer is out (yes, this is on-topic)  (Read 2580 times)
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2019, 07:31:29 AM »

https://youtu.be/wmiIUN-7qhE

Skip to around 1:24 for a nice surprise  Smiley
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 07:35:51 AM »

https://youtu.be/wmiIUN-7qhE

Skip to around 1:24 for a nice surprise  Smiley

Very nice.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 09:13:56 AM »

Sure to sell a million downloads...in June!

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 11:37:04 AM »

I just saw this! Great to see that the legacy of the Boys continue to have impact on popular culture  Smiley
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 12:08:52 PM »

This makes me so happy to see. Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to see this Cheesy

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 05:27:44 PM »

Fantastic  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
feelintheflows
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 05:49:11 PM »

stop using the stereo mix, that version sucks!
drummer_from_mars
Smiley Smile Newbie

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2019, 03:03:33 AM »

stop using the stereo mix, that version sucks!

What's your problem with the stereo version?

13 y/o drummer and self-taught amateur pianist. Favourite groups beside BB are the Beatles and Daft Punk.
Favourite album: Surf's Up
Not an avid Mike Love hater, but not a huge fan either.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2019, 06:49:31 AM »

It's always nice to hear a Beach Boys song in a movie.  But a surprise is when I heard Feel Flows at the end of Almost Famous! Or songs from Brian Wilson's Imagination in Orange County! Those are not expected!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Gettin Hungry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2019, 11:18:38 AM »

It's always nice to hear a Beach Boys song in a movie.  But a surprise is when I heard Feel Flows at the end of Almost Famous! Or songs from Brian Wilson's Imagination in Orange County! Those are not expected!

I actually just watched Orange County for the first time recently and was also surprised by the Brian Wilson songs included. Not what I would have expected from that movie.

That said, I got a little teary when God Only Knows started playing in the trailer. Having a kid has made me sappy.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2019, 11:24:09 AM »

I'm all for pushing songs in movies (and trailers); it's not the most artful thing in the world (I've seen about five actual *well-made* trailers in the last however many years), but it's a good avenue to keep BB music out there.

I dig the Toy Story movies; "God Only Knows" seems like an odd fit to my taste for this trailer, but I can't be offended or anything close to it.

As far as the stereo mix, first of all, while I dig the mono mix and have always wished the little anomalies with the stereo mix (alternate vocals, etc.) could be fixed, I still probably listen to the stereo mix more than the mono.

And, even if the mono is the go-to mix, who cares which mix they use for like 30 seconds worth of the song in a trailer? The song may not even end up being used in the actual movie; sometimes songs are licensed solely for trailers.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx