gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:47:32 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "WIPEOUT" w. Fat Boys AND Dweezil Zappa?!?!?  (Read 1667 times)
chewy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2019, 12:51:29 AM »

Dweezil Zappa i see gets a credit on the 12", is the for real, did the dweez really go in the studio with the boys- beach and fat?
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 10:19:57 AM »

Not sure about being in the studio together, but there is a mention here...

http://kylesradiodial.blogspot.com/2017/06/wipe-out-by-fat-boys-with-beach-boys.html

Produced by Brian Wilson and the Beach Boys, and featuring new rap lyrics for the verses and pop harmonies for the chorus, the unusual collaboration also features Dweezil Zappa shredding the guitar.

Although there is some conflicting stories to....

https://www.koncerts.net/dweezil-zappa-choice-cuts/

He played a solo on the Fat Boys “Baby You’re A Rich Man” as well as on the Grammy Nominated cover of “Wipeout” with Herbie Hancock and Terry Bozzio from the “Back To The Beach” film soundtrack.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 10:27:41 AM by Pretty Funky » Logged
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 10:39:37 AM »

He played a solo on the Fat Boys “Baby You’re A Rich Man” as well as on the Grammy Nominated cover of “Wipeout” with Herbie Hancock and Terry Bozzio from the “Back To The Beach” film soundtrack.

Side note: That's so funny you bring up "Back to the Beach", because I was just thinking about that film today, with Lori Loughlin in the news so much these days. I'm surprised The Beach Boys weren't in that film. It seems like it would have been a PERFECT project for them to have done a cameo in around that time.

Maybe The BBs were on a short list to perhaps be offered a cameo appearance, but were away on tour or something.  I would expect that at minimum they'd have been thrown around as a possible contender, seeing as everyone and their mother had a cameo in BTTB.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 11:19:38 AM »

Side note: That's so funny you bring up "Back to the Beach", because I was just thinking about that film today, with Lori Loughlin in the news so much these days. I'm surprised The Beach Boys weren't in that film. It seems like it would have been a PERFECT project for them to have done a cameo in around that time.

Maybe The BBs were on a short list to perhaps be offered a cameo appearance, but were away on tour or something.  I would expect that at minimum they'd have been thrown around as a possible contender, seeing as everyone and their mother had a cameo in BTTB.

I just saw a clip of that movie today while looking for some Dick Dale videos. Frankie Avalon asks Dick if he knows "Venus" to which Dick answers "'Venus'? You're asking me, Dick Dale, if I know 'Venus'? No!"  LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC9I0vHsrzI

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 08:50:11 PM »

Dweezil Zappa i see gets a credit on the 12", is the for real, did the dweez really go in the studio with the boys- beach and fat?
In addition to Pretty Funky's links, here's info in his wiki page, get straight to "Career": https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dweezil_Zappa

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx