-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:35:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Beach Boys-related thoughts regarding Lori Loughlin college cheating scandal
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys-related thoughts regarding Lori Loughlin college cheating scandal  (Read 4109 times)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2019, 11:49:21 AM »

The recent college cheating scandal (involving celebs such as Felicity Huffman, and Beach Boys' John Stamos' TV wife, Lori Loughlin) is made even weirder for us by the tangential Beach Boys connection.

There was a 1993 episode of Full House called "Be True to Your Pre-School" (obviously a Beach Boys pun title) that bizarrely predicts Loughlin's Aunt Becky character being involved in a similar scandal w/ John Stamos.

It doesn't get much weirder than this life-imitating-art example.

https://people.com/tv/lori-loughlin-full-house-preschool-acceptance-scam/

While it seems the character who has the initial idea for there to be cheating involved is Uncle Joey (Dave Coulier), the one who goes through with the scam is Uncle Jesse (Beach Boy John Stamos).  Oddly, it's Loughlin's character (Aunt Becky) who is shocked to find out there's cheating involved, and she is the one who is not cool with her husband's methods.

If you can stomach watching Full House, you can watch the episode here:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6t7sbd

Anyway, one has to wonder if Loughlin had flashbacks to making this episode (with a Beach Boys pun title, and interacting with her Beach Boy TV hubby) when she in real life went through with the shady dealings.
Craaazy. With all the memes going around (people have already rewritten the Full House theme song lyrics to be cheating-related as an "homage" to this scandal), I wouldn't be surprised to see some Youtuber cover "Be True To Your Preschool" with similar new cheating lyrics.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 01:19:40 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 07:16:31 PM »

CD! Grin
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/a-full-house-plot-line-foreshadowed-lori-loughlins-involvement-in-an-alleged-school-admissions-scam/ar-BBUJo9p?li=BBnbfcL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 02:02:05 PM »

I always liked "Aunt Becky". She was one of the main reasons I watched that show; and I always thought she was probably the same off screen as on.

Turns out, I was right, lol.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: