gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:51:29 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Medley b/w live Runaway 1981 - 45 rpm single  (Read 2344 times)
chewy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2019, 11:46:06 PM »

i cant find this on discogs.....dont know if im looking it up right-- does this exist?
Steve Latshaw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 09:23:14 AM »

No.  Runaway was recorded in 1982 after Carl returned and was pushed as a 1982 single release for CBS.  But CBS apparently balked at releasing another cover and Runaway did not appear on vinyl until the 1986 Sunkist promotional LP.
chewy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 04:39:49 PM »

ah yes, sunkist promotinal lp, i gotta get that- so thats where it is.  al sings that good
chewy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 04:42:09 PM »

is the sunkist lp just a comp or is this a live concert?
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 07:29:47 PM »

is the sunkist lp just a comp or is this a live concert?
It's a comp featuring Beach Boys Medley, Getcha Back, Rock 'N' Roll to the Rescue, California Dreamin', and a few of the oldies.
Steve Latshaw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 10:59:20 AM »

<<It's a comp featuring Beach Boys Medley, Getcha Back, Rock 'N' Roll to the Rescue, California Dreamin', and a few of the oldies. <<

In an early 1986 interview, Mike said the Sunkist LP would be a collection of "...our favorite live tracks," so I was looking forward to a new live album featuring current highlights like the Surfin' Safari/Surf City/Surfin USA medley, California Girls, Runaway, maybe the opening medley that included I Can Hear Music, Dance Dance Dance, etc.  I was living in Carbondale, Illinois.  On the release day I called the Sunkist office at the DuQuoin Fairgrounds and they said I could drive up and purchase.  Naturally, I was a tad bit disappointed that I'd essentially driven a 40 mile round trip for one song, lol...
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 02:23:25 PM »

<<It's a comp featuring Beach Boys Medley, Getcha Back, Rock 'N' Roll to the Rescue, California Dreamin', and a few of the oldies. <<

In an early 1986 interview, Mike said the Sunkist LP would be a collection of "...our favorite live tracks," so I was looking forward to a new live album featuring current highlights like the Surfin' Safari/Surf City/Surfin USA medley, California Girls, Runaway, maybe the opening medley that included I Can Hear Music, Dance Dance Dance, etc.  I was living in Carbondale, Illinois.  On the release day I called the Sunkist office at the DuQuoin Fairgrounds and they said I could drive up and purchase.  Naturally, I was a tad bit disappointed that I'd essentially driven a 40 mile round trip for one song, lol...
[/quot

Yep, the things we do for one track - I spent god only knows how much at the time to get it posted over the Atlantic BUT hey, it was worth it and having the 1986 Tour Programme included was a bonus
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 08:17:51 AM »

I have a pair of Sunkist sunglasses from that promotion. Got them at the Ohio State Fair after the concert.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx