gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:43:17 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Good Timin' w. Dennis lead vocal- what show is this from?  (Read 2965 times)
chewy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2019, 11:42:11 PM »

its a SBD- i just got the surfers nightmere lp set nassau coliseum (also sbd) but that one has carl doing it....where is this one from? thx!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1INwEO6tvH4
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 04:07:05 AM »

I think that’s from their 1979 tv appearance on the midnight special
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 07:12:39 AM »

I think it's from the midnight special to. I re member Dennis sang it because he said carl was too scared to sing it with his mother in attendance or something to that effect
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 07:25:09 AM »

They rehearsed it for "Midnight Special", but did not perform it on the actual show. My understanding is that the rehearsal is the origin of this audio recording. The comment about Dennis signing it because Carl was too scared was something Dennis said onstage before he sang it at the Radio City Music Hall that March (I think he might have said "too shy" or something to that effect).
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 07:32:37 PM »

They rehearsed it for "Midnight Special", but did not perform it on the actual show. My understanding is that the rehearsal is the origin of this audio recording. The comment about Dennis signing it because Carl was too scared was something Dennis said onstage before he sang it at the Radio City Music Hall that March (I think he might have said "too shy" or something to that effect).
It puzzles me why this song wasn't performed live more often. My guess is that, vocally, it's near the bottom of Carl's range, and maybe he found it difficult to sing live.
Bud Shaver
Smiley Smile Associate

Let Us Go On This Way

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 12:47:22 AM »

At the end of the Midnight Special performance Dennis says "Thank you. Carl and Brian wrote that song. Carl was supposed to sing it but he chickened out on us."
chewy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 10:47:27 PM »

It puzzles me why this song wasn't performed live more often. My guess is that, vocally, it's near the bottom of Carl's range, and maybe he found it difficult to sing live.

it is near the bottom of his range isnt it! i can hear that in the tune!
Ram4
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 11:04:20 AM »

Much better quality here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up163cMB9rs
chewy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 02:04:02 PM »

thanks my guy- that one is way better- hope the orig tape gets re-mastered in the fancircle!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx