gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:50:56 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alternate 'Smile Sessions' Box Set (Fan Mix)  (Read 13124 times)
sydsutcliffe
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2018, 11:49:03 AM »

No, I'm sorry - no more liner notes. I thought about doing this, but I was too exhausted to do ANY more work. Maybe I'll do it later...but I really need a break. I worked for so long and so hard on this that I'm totally burned out (I can really relate to Brian's state of mind in late 1967 now....'Smile' really sucks you dry....and I only edited the stuff!).

Since several people mentioned "Child is Father": I knew that there would be controversy about the fly-ins, that's why I also included the unaltered stereo mix. Generally I'm not a big fan of fly-ins either but I wanted to experiment a bit with "Child" - just to see what I could do with it. The fly-ins worked surprisingly well and I really liked the result. It just makes the song sound a bit more finished but I understand everybody who is a little 'bewildered' by them - it takes time to get adjusted to this. Some may find it sacrillegious and they have a point as well! I just wanted to present mixes and edits that haven't been done before - as I believe people who are still interested in 'Smile' already own every official release and have their own collection of bootlegs. So in addition to the stuff that's already out there I compiled this set. I think with this and the previously released material you can really put your own perfect 'Smile' together.

Thank you all and God bless Brian!
PetSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2018, 03:53:24 PM »

Dear fellow Smiley Smilers,

Is anyone in possession of this fellow's mix of the Durrie Parks (Vocal Reproduction). It's track 11, disk 2. I'm in the middle of creating my Smile mix, and I would love to use it. Thanks!

"Join the young and often spring you gave" - Surf's Up (BW/VDP)
mustomax
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2018, 11:45:40 AM »

Hi! it looks great, but the links are dead. could we have new ones please?
Spoonito
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2019, 10:29:00 AM »

Hi! I know this is a very delayed reply, but I just saw that these links are dead!!  Cry
I have to say, sydsutcliffe's 5-disc collection is one of the more exciting mixes I've heard, so I wanted to re-host the files for everyone. Please let me know if there's any problems with the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WkuG3P6BdcR8GlFfgv3OOctsCGd4yVs9

Spoonito
-------------
Creator of SMiLE Pocket Symphony Mix:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As4IFTifnIk

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx