gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 11:01:04 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Drugs and The Beach Boys  (Read 1747 times)
SmileyBrian67
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2019, 04:39:21 PM »

I know the Wilson Brothers all did marijuana and psychedelics and some speed but did Al ever try weed ? I know Mike drank and smoked weed a little bit
Crack Smokerson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 08:18:47 PM »

Would I be surprised if it turned out Al Jardine still enjoyed burning a j while home at his beautiful Big Sur ranch? No.

The poster formerly known as stack-o-tracks
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 10:12:54 PM »

I think Bruce was the only one who didn’t smoke weed

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 11:33:10 PM »

A quote from Mr. Desper on old PSF(http://petsoundsforum.com/post/26382/thread *dead link)....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"COMMENT: What band in the 60s did not experiment with weed-drugs? I have smoked with them all, although I learned quite early that I could not run a recording session while stoned. Alan and Bruce rejected any personal use early on. Meditation replaced smoking for Mike and Carl. Dennis continued. He could roll a joint using only one hand. But remember, it was not because of drugs that we lost Carl, it was cigarette smoking that lead to cancer. And it was not drugs that took Dennis' life, it was alcohol drinking in excess that lead to poor judgement one evening on his boat. And as for Brian, he smoked and then while high would be offered this other drug and that other drug at the same time in combination that lead him to flirt with an early death. If it wasn't for his wife, brothers and other concerned friends acting forcibly on his behalf, history would have certainly reflected a different outcome.

So to answer your question, a long time ago in another age, everyone got high. Today and for a long, long time, Brian, Alan, Michael, and Bruce remain drug-free, but do drink wine. Mike and Bruce have been firmly distanced from any recreational drug use for several decades, and are advocates for a drug-less, healthy life style. Brian and Alan stay completely away from any substance and have no interest. Brian has learned the lesson.

~swd"
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 11:33:46 PM by Wata » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx