gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 01:09:59 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: “A Postcard from California” Reissues  (Read 16847 times)
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2021, 06:36:04 AM »

Wow. So yet another tweaked version of “Waves of Love.” This is getting insane. How many versions have now been officially released? Five?

Yeah, exactly.  It's not even that remarkable of a song.  Al infamously tried to get Brian to include it on TWGMTR and Brian instead ran out of the studio to avoid confrontation with him.  🤣

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2021, 09:23:43 AM »

While Al can surely be indecisive and finicky, and slow to finish stuff, and while I'm sure that was the initial deal behind "Waves of Love", I don't think that's what's driving the 500 versions of the song at this point.

I think we can firmly call this milking the same thing over and over (no "Jenny Clover" pun intended) to generate "content" at this point. Remember, he has also (I'm not kidding) discussed doing a "Jenny Clover 2.0" mix as well.

I don't know why Al has an aversion to working on *something* else, *anything* else. I promise you, he *does* have other tracks in his vaults (to say nothing of BRI vaults) that nobody has heard that he could work on.

It's just a drag that Al has an amazing studio at his disposal, but doesn't seem to take much advantage of it. It would seem the desire is there to put out new content, maybe Al just hasn't found a creative spark to get him to hole up in his studio and write/record a bunch of new material to be released. Maybe that'll change.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx