gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 05:49:33 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys - ABBA  (Read 2765 times)
JRauch
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2006, 11:14:44 AM »

Just a quick question:

Is it known what Brian thought/thinks about ABBA? Or an ABBA-member about Brian and the Beach Boys? Any quotes?

Dance as if no one's looking. Wrestle things out to bring moment to your own sense of discovery, and make the world a better place. This is no time for whiners.  –  Van Dyke Parks
SG7
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 11:29:30 AM »

Well on one show they covered Help Me Rhonda with Olivia Newton John and Andy Gibb  out of all people.  Shocked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_DkcDclP3U
john carson
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 06:17:06 AM »

first post ever from me. the last docu i saw about abba,bjorn(spelling?)mentioned that the first time he heard do you wanna dance? by the beach boys was when he realised he wanted to make music. cheers.alan c.
richardsnow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 07:16:55 PM »

I recall reading that "on and on and on" from the Super Trooper album was inspired by Do it Again.

XY
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 07:37:05 AM »

Frida released a Swedish version of "Wouldn't It Be Nice" on her 1975 solo album.
I recently read an old interview with Agnetha and when asked about her favorite composer, she replied "Brian Wilson".
JRauch
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 10:36:38 AM »

Thanks for the replies! But do we know what BW/BB thought about them?

Dance as if no one's looking. Wrestle things out to bring moment to your own sense of discovery, and make the world a better place. This is no time for whiners.  –  Van Dyke Parks
XY
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 11:35:24 PM »

first post ever from me. the last docu i saw about abba,bjorn(spelling?)mentioned that the first time he heard do you wanna dance? by the beach boys was when he realised he wanted to make music. cheers.alan c.

This reminds me of a documentary about music I saw on German VOX TV three or four years ago. Björn talked about how they created their own Wall Of Sound and copied Spector and the Beach Boys. And there was Al Jardine, walking around in a park (I guess on his ranch) and he gave some insight on the recording of "Cotton Fields" and mixing of the SUNFLOWER-album. About the problematics of the then-new 16 track-technology, that they were 5 people at the mix desk, each of them responsible for 2 faders, mixing the songs. And there was Brian Wilson trying to convince the interviewer that "Surfin' USA" isnt' "Sweet Little 16". Very funny.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx