gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680804 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 08:57:37 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How I do post a picture?  (Read 3933 times)
beachcat
Smiley Smile Associate

Gen X'er "Living in the Past"

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2019, 12:51:45 PM »

Hi, I can't seem to figure out how to post images without it being an attachment, which, upon opening, shows a really huge-sized picture. I tried copy/paste, but that doesn't work. I'm sure the answer is obvious, but I can't get it to work! Thanks

Also, I tried to delete my post once I saw that the image formatting was messed up, but there's no option to delete. I can't figure out why.

Yes, I am a total newb at posting in forums, if you hadn't guessed...

« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 02:02:57 PM by beachcat » Logged

"Star bright, star light,
Make this wish come true tonight..."
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 02:04:42 PM »

Hi, I can't seem to figure out how to post images without it being an attachment, which, upon opening, shows a really huge-sized picture. I tried copy/paste, but that doesn't work. I'm sure the answer is obvious, but I can't get it to work! Thanks

Also, I tried to delete my post once I saw that the image formatting was messed up, but there's no option to delete. I can't figure out why.

Test

Hi beachcat. Use your right mouse button to "open image in new window". Copy the image url and then paste it between [ img ] and [ /img ] (without the spacing). That should get you your image.

I hope this works! Otherwise message Billy the mod--I'm sure he'll help you. Smiley

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
beachcat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 02:17:00 PM »

Hello JK, thanks for replying. Well, I just discovered imgur and used that for the hosting and followed your instructions. It did work, however, it makes the image overly big! Do you know how to shrink images down so they show up the proper size in the forum post?

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 02:34:27 PM »

Hello JK, thanks for replying. Well, I just discovered imgur and used that for the hosting and followed your instructions. It did work, however, it makes the image overly big! Do you know how to shrink images down so they show up the proper size in the forum post?

I use https://postimages.org if I want to post anything from my computer. Maybe that would work for you too. Just drag the image you want to post to your desktop and follow the instructions at https://postimages.org. If that doesn't work, your best bet is to contact Billy. Wink

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
beachcat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 02:47:50 PM »

That looks like it might be an easier hosting service to use. I did manage to figure out how to resize the pics, but if there's an easier way, that's good too. I did message Billy a short time ago, perhaps he can offer some insight. Thanks again.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx