gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:02:31 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beach Boys Coloring Book by Ken Gillian  (Read 4774 times)
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2019, 04:36:57 PM »

I picked up the BB Coloring Book on a lark, being an artist and having a little extra gift money left over. It turns out to be a bit of a disappointment.

The images are based on photos and some artwork (probably found online), run through Photoshop effects filters to remove the color and leave just enough graytones to color through.

That wouldn't have been so much of an issue with me in itself, but it's clear the author/editor doesn't have a clue as to who is a Beach Boy and who is not. Three of the images are of BB cover/tribute bands. Another is of Don Was and yet another is of Paul Simon. There are a few images of the BBs themselves, including the cover of Jon Stebbins' FAQ book, one of Dennis, one of Brian and Carl, but the majority of the images are of Brian in later years, including on with Landy and one with Melinda.

Weird -- not really, just lazy!  Thud

On the other hand, I'm going to enjoy getting creative with some of these images.

Grin
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 06:50:27 AM »

pictures please!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
wild neon sins
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 02:00:33 PM »

just googled this book & found two dead links for amazon (UK & US) and a google books page with no previews
https://books.google.co.uk/books/about/The_Beach_Boys_Coloring_Book.html

The cover is literally an outline version of The Beach Boys Faq with a title box pasted over part of the original title.

Googlebooks says it's 34 pages and was self published via CreateSpace in 2017 - seems to have been totally deleted off amazon now.
Wonder if they got complaints about quality / copyright infringement?

"And suddenly I find myself, listening to a man I've never known before,
Telling me about the sea..."

Looking for contributions for a Dennis fanzine
https://denniswilsonzine.tumblr.com
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx