gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:26:38 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Golden Globes Shout Out to Brian's Long-time Manager  (Read 3232 times)
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2019, 05:09:53 PM »

It was great to see Jeff Bridges receiving a life-time achievement award at the Golden Globes and calling out his long-time manager/publicist Jean Sievers - she's briefly seen in the video. She also has been a great manager/publicist to Brian. She's amazing. I think either account would be a full-time job.  Any Brian fan who knows her probably loves her. I do:   https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-news/jeff-bridges-golden-globes-speech-775580/
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 06:30:40 PM »

That probably explains how Jeff Bridges ended up in the Smile documentary!

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 07:09:23 PM »

Thanks for posting this Debbie, with the video too! A much-deserved shout-out for Jean...and great to see some camera time too. I was going to post something about this too, because I stayed tuned in to NBC after the Eagles game (E A G L E S!), and I never watch awards shows unless someone I really like or respect is going to get a feature. In this case, after hearing Jeff Bridges was getting a lifetime honor, I had to watch. It was really, really cool to see him (and the cameras) acknowledge his manager Jean during his speech. Again, a well-deserved nod and kudos to Jeff, Jean, and the rest of his team who helped bring us fans a lot of joy through his work. Same goes for Brian Wilson.

And since I'm one to not resist things like this...It's only more fuel to expose how foolish that peanut gallery of online naysayers really is, those "fans" who for how many years at this point have kept it up with the critiquing the "wife-and-managers" line of bullcrap.  Smiley  So much for that.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 09:42:58 PM »

Thanks for posting this Debbie, with the video too! A much-deserved shout-out for Jean...and great to see some camera time too. I was going to post something about this too, because I stayed tuned in to NBC after the Eagles game (E A G L E S!), and I never watch awards shows unless someone I really like or respect is going to get a feature. In this case, after hearing Jeff Bridges was getting a lifetime honor, I had to watch. It was really, really cool to see him (and the cameras) acknowledge his manager Jean during his speech. Again, a well-deserved nod and kudos to Jeff, Jean, and the rest of his team who helped bring us fans a lot of joy through his work. Same goes for Brian Wilson.

And since I'm one to not resist things like this...It's only more fuel to expose how foolish that peanut gallery of online naysayers really is, those "fans" who for how many years at this point have kept it up with the critiquing the "wife-and-managers" line of bullcrap.  Smiley  So much for that.

Great for Jean getting some recognition. Is Jean the only female manager ever associated with this group or any of its members?
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 11:10:26 PM »

Apropos of very little, but Jeff Bridges shares a birthday (December 4) with...Dennis Wilson.

Let me join the conga line thanking Debbie for posting that video. It should also be noted that the NYT dissed Jeff's acceptance speech, which was actually a superb piece of controlled stream-of-consciousness with a tremendous, subtle exhortation of hope and perseverance in these troubled times. "Love and Mercy" indeed...
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 10:54:19 AM »

Apropos of very little, but Jeff Bridges shares a birthday (December 4) with...Dennis Wilson.

And with . . . myself.
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 03:44:48 PM »

Thx, GF. Jean is a wonder-woman from all the people I speak to, and from my own personal experience. She gives new meaning to the idea of efficiency, and her heart and personal taste in clients is pretty amazing. And yes, the idea that Brian hasn't been managed by an important professional is truly ridiculous.
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 03:49:31 PM »

Great for Jean getting some recognition. Is Jean the only female manager ever associated with this group or any of its members?

Jean worked for the Lippin Group, so both Ronnie Lippin and Jean managed Brian in the earlier days. Ronnie and her husband ran the highly successful Lippin Group, and she was one of the sweetest people I ever met. She sadly lost her life to cancer not long after the Smile concerts at RFH. Obviously, Jean carried on well from there.
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 04:14:30 PM »

Let me join the conga line thanking Debbie for posting that video. It should also be noted that the NYT dissed Jeff's acceptance speech, which was actually a superb piece of controlled stream-of-consciousness with a tremendous, subtle exhortation of hope and perseverance in these troubled times. "Love and Mercy" indeed...

Thx so much Don. I know the NYT, and to a "kind of" extent, RS dissed Jeff Bridges and his inspiring and good-hearted acceptance speech.  Some people thought he sounded a bit airy-fairy in reference to the comment about the amazing Buckminster Fuller and a trimtab. Well, Trimtab is a brilliant metaphor for an individual being able to steer/guide the future by simple, small, positive actions - like a trimtab is a small, real functioning part of ships and aircraft that can change everything. If anyone wants to read a more technical reference as to what a trimtab is, I posted the simplest answer I could on BrianWilson.com from my sailing and flying days. You'll also understand why Jeff knew he didn't have time to explain it.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 12:37:28 AM »

And with . . . myself.
& Don Malcolm, the poster you quote.

Good news about Jean Sievers. Can't say I'm Jeff Bridges fan (rather Lloyd's fan in the acting Bridges fam) but big respect to him being the band's fan. 3D Btw, agree that "wifeandmanagers" is real dumb, idiotic, likely puked up term which can't be taken seriously.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 10:33:43 AM »

And with . . . myself.

I forgot that Jeff shared Denny's birthday - and so do you!  I was born just after midnight on Dec 5th (Denny was born about an hour before midnight on Dec. 4th), so we seem to be forming a gang of sorts.  Cheesy
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx