gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:52:40 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Reimagined Beach Boys Albums Website  (Read 4917 times)
blackrunninghorse
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2019, 02:15:14 AM »

https://blackrunninghorse5.wixsite.com/mysite

This will be slowly updated every now and again
SydBarrett
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 09:53:32 AM »

https://blackrunninghorse5.wixsite.com/mysite

This will be slowly updated every now and again

What kind of albums can we expect to see?
blackrunninghorse
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 01:05:43 PM »

So basically I’m reimagining all the Beach Boys Albums to what I think should have been released at the time, that Carnival one I did is a what if follow up to Sunflower
SydBarrett
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 09:03:11 AM »

Interesting! Wonder if it'll include smile!
blackrunninghorse
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 02:02:41 PM »

course it will
SydBarrett
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 04:04:14 PM »

I'm a bit confused why This Whole World is piched up
blackrunninghorse
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 09:54:05 PM »

Yea sorry upload mistake. I’ll fix it
Watch a Cave
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 05:30:46 PM »

Does anybody know if the BB could have actually used Break Away (single or an alternate version) on their Sunflower album?  Or did Capital records still have the rights to the song?

The reason I ask is that I always reimagine Sunflower with Break Away on it.. it would have made an awesome album even better!
B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2019, 05:49:01 PM »

Does anybody know if the BB could have actually used Break Away (single or an alternate version) on their Sunflower album?  Or did Capital records still have the rights to the song?

The reason I ask is that I always reimagine Sunflower with Break Away on it.. it would have made an awesome album even better!

Capitol still had the rights. They included it on the Spirit Of America compilation.

Every wave is new until it breaks.
Watch a Cave
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2019, 01:53:05 PM »

But if they were able to add the Cottonfields single to the UK version of Sunflower, why not Break Away?  Both songs were Capital singles.
B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2019, 01:46:20 PM »

But if they were able to add the Cottonfields single to the UK version of Sunflower, why not Break Away?  Both songs were Capital singles.

Hopefully, someone else will weigh in, because this is a murky area. Technically, I assume that the Beach Boys could have included "Break Away" on Sunflower, but that would have required licensing the song from Capitol. Similarly, they considered licensing "The Lord's Prayer" from Capitol for inclusion on Keepin' The Summer Alive. I assume this was the case for "Cottonfields" inclusion on the UK Sunflower. I wonder if this was made any easier considering EMI owned Capitol and Stateside ? I don't know. Like I said, this is a murky area for me. "Cottonfields" was included in other territories because it was an international hit and they thought its inclusion would result in greater sales.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 02:16:36 PM by B.E. » Logged

Every wave is new until it breaks.
doc smiley
Smiley Smile Associate

Timeless pounds the livin' daylights outta trendy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2019, 06:57:26 PM »

The version of Cottonfields on the British version of Sunflower is NOT the capitol single version (produced by Brian) but a different recording of the song as produced by Al Jardine. (Al's version is better! IMHO)

But if they were able to add the Cottonfields single to the UK version of Sunflower, why not Break Away?  Both songs were Capital singles.

Hopefully, someone else will weigh in, because this is a murky area. Technically, I assume that the Beach Boys could have included "Break Away" on Sunflower, but that would have required licensing the song from Capitol. Similarly, they considered licensing "The Lord's Prayer" from Capitol for inclusion on Keepin' The Summer Alive. I assume this was the case for "Cottonfields" inclusion on the UK Sunflower. I wonder if this was made any easier considering EMI owned Capitol and Stateside ? I don't know. Like I said, this is a murky area for me. "Cottonfields" was included in other territories because it was an international hit and they thought its inclusion would result in greater sales.

"A voice or a song can be so comforting to someone who really needs it."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1990
Aomdiddlywalla
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2019, 01:53:10 AM »

The version of Cottonfields on the British version of Sunflower is NOT the capitol single version (produced by Brian) but a different recording of the song as produced by Al Jardine. (Al's version is better! IMHO)

Brian produced the 20/20 album version. 
Single was produced ( and mostly sang) by Mr Alan Jardine.
Watch a Cave
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2019, 11:19:31 AM »

The Al version of Cottonfields was released as a Capital single.

So my question still stands.. if they were able to put Cottonfields on the UK Sunflower, then could they have added Break Away as well?
SydBarrett
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2019, 11:43:37 AM »

So, any updates?
hideyotsuburaya
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2019, 12:19:27 PM »

« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 12:22:42 PM by hideyotsuburaya » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print