gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:20:12 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Passing By (Friends Remake)  (Read 1597 times)
PetSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2019, 09:46:53 AM »

If I may take this small liberty, I reckon this is a wonderful project to propose: a singer should take a stab at covering Passing By (1971) lyrics version, using the official Beach Boys instrumental backing track, so that this hidden gem yields some great results, not that I don't appreciate it Brian's rough vocal. Much like the Foo Fighter's member sang Holy Man so wonderfully.

I think it's a fine track, but the quality and the vocals are a little 'off' of course, it being a reference cassette copy  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 09:50:37 AM by PetSmile » Logged

"Join the young and often spring you gave" - Surf's Up (BW/VDP)
positivemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 10:22:35 AM »

I agree. I think the vocal adds a whole different feel to the song. So, someone with a sufficiently Brian-like delivery could really knock this out of the ballpark.

seltaeb1012002 did an amazing mix of the song. The lead vocals are a tad low in the mix, but its great to have a much cleaner version available:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2s5oim60tox0878/Passin%27%20By%20%28Brian%20Vocal%201972%29%20mix%202.mp3?dl=0
twentytwenty
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 06:09:48 PM »

If I may take this small liberty, I reckon this is a wonderful project to propose: a singer should take a stab at covering Passing By (1971) lyrics version, using the official Beach Boys instrumental backing track, so that this hidden gem yields some great results, not that I don't appreciate it Brian's rough vocal. Much like the Foo Fighter's member sang Holy Man so wonderfully.

I think it's a fine track, but the quality and the vocals are a little 'off' of course, it being a reference cassette copy  Smiley

That’s not a bad idea at all
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx