gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:26:57 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The high-quality color photos of Mike's childhood  (Read 3736 times)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2019, 09:07:24 PM »

I happened to notice on Instagram a bunch of photos of young Mike. It's notable how high-quality they are, both in terms of being shot in color, as well as the often unusually good photographic eye of the photographer who shot the pictures.

Is it safe to assume that most of those photos were shot by Milton?

And interestingly, I think the fact that they are color and seem to have been taken with more expensive equipment than any photos I've seen of the young Wilson boys, to me indicates the probable the large class and money differences between the two families at this time, the late 1940s and early 1950s.

Seems that some of the seeds of the differences between the two families can be hinted at just by the photos that have been made public.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 10:44:57 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 07:54:55 AM »

Is there any chance that these could be included in The Weirdest Pictures Of Mike Love thread?  Wink

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 09:41:28 AM »

Is there a picture of OSD getting his “surf’s up” poster signed by the lovester? Evil

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 11:05:10 AM »

Is there a picture of OSD getting his “surf’s up” poster signed by the lovester? Evil

Oh god, I hope not. We'd then have to initiate a Weirdest Photos of OSD!  Thud

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 08:29:58 AM »

Oh god, I hope not. We'd then have to initiate a Weirdest Photos of OSD!  Thud

Yes! Let's do it! Anything to make OSD more like Mike! Lol! How about a picture in a Hawaiian shirt with John Stamos? Maybe if you experience his life, you will have more sympathy for him.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 08:34:26 AM »

Is there any chance that these could be included in The Weirdest Pictures Of Mike Love thread?  Wink

No matter what you think of Mike, any pics of him as a kid should most definitely 100% be off-limits for that thread.  I'm sure in your heart you know this is right.

And there's really nothing weird about these photos, I just thought it was interesting that my takeaway was that the Loves had money and the Wilsons did not.  And most likely however their brains got wired from those childhood experiences with money probably to some degree reflects on their behavior as adults.

Mike's pretty lucky, because I imagine it's relatively uncommon for anyone born 1941 to have a bunch of high-quality color photos of their childhood.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 08:39:09 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 05:07:33 PM »

Maybe we need “the most normal pictures of Mike Love thread”!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 06:46:07 PM »

How about exactly that except without a hat? 

SydBarrett
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2019, 08:48:51 AM »

Ya know, you need to stop being so hard on Mike.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2019, 12:03:39 PM »

Yeah, poor, poor pitiful Mike. He's had such a rotten life. Just feel awful for him.  Cry

SydBarrett
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2019, 12:59:50 PM »

Yeah, poor, poor pitiful Mike. He's had such a rotten life. Just feel awful for him.  Cry

Yeah he has done some bad sh*t, but so has everyone else. It's almost comical this grudge you have on Mike.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2019, 01:06:12 PM »

Yeah he has done some bad sh*t, but so has everyone else. It's almost comical this grudge you have on Mike.

More than pleased to provide you with some humor. But, really, Syd, don't take it too hard.  Cool Guy

Slow In Brain
Smiley Smile Associate

Rainbow Eyes

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2019, 05:34:59 PM »

This board is the nearest I'll get to social media but the photos of Mike seem interesting from a historical point of view. Any family photos are really. The Love family was more affluent at the time than the Wilsons. So they were lucky enough to indulge taking photos. 

"When the time comes an American can't tell the truth because the Government doesn't, that's the time to give the country back to the Indians, if they'll have it." - Sam Holland

"What draws us all closer and makes us all care. Is not what we have, but the things that we share." - Jill Wolf
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx