gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:49:24 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: This pianist deserves our attention!  (Read 2858 times)
ReggieDunbar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2018, 01:07:12 AM »

Just found this guy on youtube

Playing bar on a cruise he pulls of a great version of Funky Pretty! He's uploaded some nice BB covers (including Disney Girls!)
We need to comment and like that clip Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoNZC0Wwc48

The pine-scented air smells so good in the snow, in our toboggan well go
screaming down the mountainside. The touch of your cheeks when theyre rosy and cold, feels so cozy to hold. Just to take you close and make you warm and...
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 02:42:12 AM »

Thanks so much for posting this! Man when he hits those chorus sections (and the coda) that song just comes alive! Funky Pretty is one of my favorite Brian Wilson songs ever, I think it is greatly under appreciated. Glad some others feel this song deserves some due.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Seaside Woman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 04:31:14 AM »

Really good, I like his phrasing. Talk about shining a new light on old songs ...

Caretaker in an aesthetic prison of my own dimension.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 07:52:42 AM »

Thanks so much for posting this! Man when he hits those chorus sections (and the coda) that song just comes alive! Funky Pretty is one of my favorite Brian Wilson songs ever, I think it is greatly under appreciated. Glad some others feel this song deserves some due.

My thoughts exactly, Rab. I posted my comments on the video. There's a tavern down the road that features trios and a lot of single acts. I've actually requested a couple of the Boy's songs (on the back of a 20 dollar bill) and they were played and played well like this. So cool to hear material that isn't performed by every bar act every night.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 07:56:35 AM »

My thoughts exactly, Rab. I posted my comments on the video. There's a tavern down the road that features trios and a lot of single acts. I've actually requested a couple of the Boy's songs (on the back of a 20 dollar bill) and they were played and played well like this. So cool to hear material that isn't performed by every bar act every night.

That’s fantastic! I wish I had something like that close to me. What songs did you request?

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 08:05:52 AM »

That’s fantastic! I wish I had something like that close to me. What songs did you request?
Rab, I wish I could remember correctly but I think it was Darlin' and another single act only knew Sloop. Watch, someone will come in and play the whole Surf's Up album and I'll be home watching TV.  Roll Eyes

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 08:40:10 AM »

Or AGD requests the whole mike love solo catalog with Mike’s fake credit card..

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2018, 09:18:54 AM »

I want this guy to be the piano guy the next time I go on a cruise!

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2018, 09:22:53 AM »

Or AGD requests the whole mike love solo catalog with Mike’s fake credit card..

...and quickly empties out the bar.  Razz

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2018, 05:00:24 PM »

Until OSD gets his 1970s band back together like the blues brothers...

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2018, 06:13:45 PM »

So great!!!! Is he playing it a bit faster than the actual track? That may be part of it...just a little more up-tempo, and WHAM! A moody, moogy song riding just under its true potential suddenly comes alive...  3D

We need a "Bill Forrest Does Holland" album. As Jack Rieley said, much of the LP was centered around that piano they found in Baambrugge, and a piano-based series of covers from start to finish would be a helluva lotta fun.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx