gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680600 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 05:19:43 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smiley Smile Message Board Milestone - And General Words Of Thanks  (Read 57808 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: December 23, 2018, 12:54:53 PM »

IN the future, everyone will have his or her own Beach Boys forum.

Honestly I had been thinking of starting a new site myself if things didn’t settle down. I was going to do it under a different  name and everything, so as not to have any baggage. Then this happened, and I seriously thought about why I’m here in the first place. I’m a moderator, true, but first and foremost I’m a Beach Boys fan. We all are, and trumps all else

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: December 23, 2018, 01:00:52 PM »

The malcontents on PSF are a cancer

This kind of comment should be removed IMO. I don't even post on PSF but this is nasty and leaving it up certainly doesn't help any healing.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: December 23, 2018, 01:25:19 PM »

I agree

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 23, 2018, 01:26:34 PM »

Fixed

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: December 23, 2018, 01:30:32 PM »

Thank you

Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 23, 2018, 02:01:54 PM »

Please do not ban me for this somewhat edgy joke...

I think General Mattis may be available to mod over at PS(F).  police

Those who didn't live through the situation that created two boards should understand that the mods here were faced with a very wrenching set of decisions that were neither made nor implemented lightly.

That history cannot (and must not) be erased or forgotten or deleted. Unpleasant as it may have been (and still is), we need the reminder--and we need to understand a key fact that unfortunately does come into play from time to time in families, communities, and civilizations:

--Some people simply cannot be forgiven.

That is what we are faced with. The mods here go as far as anyone in terms of indulgence and forgiveness. Anyone who mods any BB group has an essentially thankless task. Our guys make the right decision upwards of 95% of the time, and the decisions they made which led to the creation of PS(F) were on the money.

The divorce courts call it "irreconcilable differences." We should acknowledge that and sail on--and, speaking of which, who isn't glad to see Brian in that Instagram post so thoroughly enjoying himself while singing with Al? Let's all celebrate the fact that they are still with us--and that there are still two credible choices for direct contact with the people who made the music we all love so much. Let's take advantage of that, in whatever way we see fit, while that opportunity continues to exist...
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: December 23, 2018, 02:03:25 PM »

Beautifully stated

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 23, 2018, 02:41:44 PM »

I got a little too emotional today as well. Mushi is a great BBs fan...

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
ClassicShowsFan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 23, 2018, 03:35:07 PM »

Anyone know what's going on with the site? Tried getting on it a few minutes ago, and says that it’s in Maintenance Mode which I do not know why that is.
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 23, 2018, 03:37:18 PM »

Please do not ban me for this somewhat edgy joke...

I think General Mattis may be available to mod over at PS(F).  police

Those who didn't live through the situation that created two boards should understand that the mods here were faced with a very wrenching set of decisions that were neither made nor implemented lightly.

That history cannot (and must not) be erased or forgotten or deleted. Unpleasant as it may have been (and still is), we need the reminder--and we need to understand a key fact that unfortunately does come into play from time to time in families, communities, and civilizations:

--Some people simply cannot be forgiven.

That is what we are faced with. The mods here go as far as anyone in terms of indulgence and forgiveness. Anyone who mods any BB group has an essentially thankless task. Our guys make the right decision upwards of 95% of the time, and the decisions they made which led to the creation of PS(F) were on the money.

The divorce courts call it "irreconcilable differences." We should acknowledge that and sail on--and, speaking of which, who isn't glad to see Brian in that Instagram post so thoroughly enjoying himself while singing with Al? Let's all celebrate the fact that they are still with us--and that there are still two credible choices for direct contact with the people who made the music we all love so much. Let's take advantage of that, in whatever way we see fit, while that opportunity continues to exist...

Perfectly said. I support the mods here and appreciate all that they do. Whatever is happening behind the scenes, I know Billy and Craig are honest and dedicated people. May all of you have a wonderful Holiday.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: December 23, 2018, 04:14:11 PM »

Thank you very much Debbie Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays  to you and your as well!

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: December 23, 2018, 04:51:50 PM »

Anyone know what's going on with the site? Tried getting on it a few minutes ago, and says that it’s in Maintenance Mode which I do not know why that is.

See the most recent posts...I merged these

The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 23, 2018, 04:59:24 PM »

Alright, so it appears that the owner of PSF is not willing to reopen the forum, so we're now migrating to a new forum called Endless Harmony.  It's going to be a continuation of PSF and I've been made a mod.  I'm making this post here because PSF was abruptly shut down and a lot of the members there are not going to know about PSF or why it's not being reopened.  Here is the link for those of you interested: http://endlessharmony.boards.net/
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 23, 2018, 05:04:45 PM »

Watamushi stepped down from his admin position on the PS Forum I just want to apologize for any hurtful words I said about Watamushi and Dick Rising’s moderation decisions. Though I still don’t agree with how things were handled there, I also didn’t need to say some things I said.

Any frustration I have regarding this drama is years of irritation about how things were handled from day one of that forum’s existence. That doesn’t excuse what I said about Watamushi and D Rising, but it at least explains the emotions behind what and why I said those things.

The biggest irony is my annoyance of how certain posters over on the PS forum act(ed) when I myself stooped to acting the same way because of this situation.

Watamushi has been such a positive part of this fandom since he arrived at both forums. If he doesn’t retake his admin position I hope he will at least continue to post and share his positivity about this music. I’m sorry again to both moderators, it’s not an easy job and my words certainly didn’t help.
I've kept quiet until now, in the fear of derailing this thread with arguments, but now I'm no longer a staff there and I'd like to speak up.

First, I'm really relieved to hear that from you. I have been disturbed and devastated by the entire situation in the last few days (please note that it's not only about this thread), and I considered getting away from both of the forums at some point. Thank you so much for your apology.

I have to apologize myself, too, I'm afraid. Although we had to draw a line in somewhere and make a decision, the way I spoke about guitarfool over there was a tad too blunt and thoughtless, and I'm pretty sure that didn't help when guitarfool spoke up about it here.

Also, when a bunch of less engaged posters here spoke up against guitarfool, some of them came off somewhat aggressive toward him. When I saw them posted, I feared it would result in argument and I asked some of them via personal messages "not to take it too far", but some eventually took it a tad too far. I'm sorry about that.

That being said, in defence of these members, they are definitely not sock puppets of someone else who wants to hide their identity. They are all legitimate and verifiable members on here, PSF or Beach Boys Discord. I can assure it, and I believe so can Dick Rising.

Again, thanks for your words, as well as your appreciation on what I've been doing in music discussion. I'll see if I still feel comfortable being around here and there, and if I indeed do, I will continue to post, as long as my capacity allows. I hope I do.

You have absolutely nothing to apologize for, Watamushi. I feel terrible for the way I stated some things directed at you and D Rising, and I should have recognized how hurtful that was to both you and him at the time I wrote those posts.

Don Malcom put it perfectly above: "Anyone who mods any BB group has an essentially thankless task. Our guys make the right decision upwards of 95% of the time, and the decisions they made which led to the creation of PS(F) were on the money." That part in bold is why there is so much angst: People like Guitarfool and myself saw a lot of terrible things happen here, and our ongoing negative emotions come from seeing those same people who did those terrible things here get what look like free passes there (this mostly has to do with the decision to allow them on that forum in the first place when the board was created, and many decisions made after that).

This doesn't justify my comments toward you and D Rising, but I hope this helps people understand why some here get so heated about this stuff. Anyways, I've said my piece. I truly hope you stay on any Beach Boys forums you're apart of, the positivity you bring to the community is much needed.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 23, 2018, 05:30:24 PM »

Alright, so it appears that the owner of PSF is not willing to reopen the forum, so we're now migrating to a new forum called Endless Harmony.  It's going to be a continuation of PSF and I've been made a mod.  I'm making this post here because PSF was abruptly shut down and a lot of the members there are not going to know about PSF or why it's not being reopened.  Here is the link for those of you interested: http://endlessharmony.boards.net/

Nice, the forum has been up for less than a few hours and Cam is already taking shots at Guitarfool. The name "Endless Harmony" became ironic in record time.

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: December 23, 2018, 05:45:19 PM »

Nice, the forum has been up for less than a few hours and Cam is already taking shots at Guitarfool. The name "Endless Harmony" became ironic in record time.

Sigh. I know but to hell with that. Let them do their own thing. Not going to have this all start over again.   I sincerely meant what I said earlier and I know Craig does as well.  At the end of the day it really is all about the music and quite frankly it should stay that way. I would ask that nobody takes any potshots in return, but also not start promoting it over here (the initial post from ck is fine) . I also ask that none of us register over there to start sh*t or promote this board over there.  This fight is done.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 23, 2018, 05:50:17 PM »

Sigh. I know but to hell with that. Let them do their own thing. Not going to have this all start over again.   I sincerely meant what I said earlier and I know Craig does as well.  At the end of the day it really is all about the music and quite frankly it should stay that way. I would ask that nobody takes any potshots in return, but also not start promoting it over here (the initial post from ck is fine) . I also ask that none of us register over there to start sh*t or promote this board over there.  This fight is done.

Absolutely right, Billy. Apologies for the above post, and from here on the drama is over from my end.

Happy Holidays/Christmas to everyone here!

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #292 on: December 23, 2018, 06:00:57 PM »

Watamushi stepped down from his admin position on the PS Forum I just want to apologize for any hurtful words I said about Watamushi and Dick Rising’s moderation decisions. Though I still don’t agree with how things were handled there, I also didn’t need to say some things I said.

Any frustration I have regarding this drama is years of irritation about how things were handled from day one of that forum’s existence. That doesn’t excuse what I said about Watamushi and D Rising, but it at least explains the emotions behind what and why I said those things.

The biggest irony is my annoyance of how certain posters over on the PS forum act(ed) when I myself stooped to acting the same way because of this situation.

Watamushi has been such a positive part of this fandom since he arrived at both forums. If he doesn’t retake his admin position I hope he will at least continue to post and share his positivity about this music. I’m sorry again to both moderators, it’s not an easy job and my words certainly didn’t help.
I've kept quiet until now, in the fear of derailing this thread with arguments, but now I'm no longer a staff there and I'd like to speak up.

First, I'm really relieved to hear that from you. I have been disturbed and devastated by the entire situation in the last few days (please note that it's not only about this thread), and I considered getting away from both of the forums at some point. Thank you so much for your apology.

I have to apologize myself, too, I'm afraid. Although we had to draw a line in somewhere and make a decision, the way I spoke about guitarfool over there was a tad too blunt and thoughtless, and I'm pretty sure that didn't help when guitarfool spoke up about it here.

Also, when a bunch of less engaged posters here spoke up against guitarfool, some of them came off somewhat aggressive toward him. When I saw them posted, I feared it would result in argument and I asked some of them via personal messages "not to take it too far", but some eventually took it a tad too far. I'm sorry about that.

That being said, in defence of these members, they are definitely not sock puppets of someone else who wants to hide their identity. They are all legitimate and verifiable members on here, PSF or Beach Boys Discord. I can assure it, and I believe so can Dick Rising.

Again, thanks for your words, as well as your appreciation on what I've been doing in music discussion. I'll see if I still feel comfortable being around here and there, and if I indeed do, I will continue to post, as long as my capacity allows. I hope I do.

You have absolutely nothing to apologize for, Watamushi. I feel terrible for the way I stated some things directed at you and D Rising, and I should have recognized how hurtful that was to both you and him at the time I wrote those posts.

Don Malcom put it perfectly above: "Anyone who mods any BB group has an essentially thankless task. Our guys make the right decision upwards of 95% of the time, and the decisions they made which led to the creation of PS(F) were on the money." That part in bold is why there is so much angst: People like Guitarfool and myself saw a lot of terrible things happen here, and our ongoing negative emotions come from seeing those same people who did those terrible things here get what look like free passes there (this mostly has to do with the decision to allow them on that forum in the first place when the board was created, and many decisions made after that).

This doesn't justify my comments toward you and D Rising, but I hope this helps people understand why some here get so heated about this stuff. Anyways, I've said my piece. I truly hope you stay on any Beach Boys forums you're apart of, the positivity you bring to the community is much needed.

Seconded

Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 23, 2018, 07:17:03 PM »

Watamushi - You are more than welcome to post here and I'm sure the readers here will continue to look forward to your contributions.

Thank you for your words of apology and let me offer my sincere words of apology in return. The situation escalated beyond where it should have, and I hope we can shake hands and put it behind us. If that is a workable situation, I'm willing to start fresh and move forward, with apologies for what happened.

The emotions and absolute frustration of what has been a situation festering for over two years (and far more beyond that) boiled over, thanks to yet again people who have histories of certain behaviors, and who cannot get over grudges. The sad part is good people, and good fans continue to get swept up in a tornado of spite and whatever else that is limited to a very, very small group of the same names.

If that can't be seen by now, it never will.

In terms of moderating here, since that group departed for whatever their reasons, Billy and I have had a good run here in terms of moderating, where there have been no major blow-outs that couldn't be handled, no consistent complaints or reports of bad behavior or insulting posts, and no reports of harassment or bullying...and it's been overall smooth sailing compared to how it was prior to 2016. That, too, speaks volumes. Once that group departed, the problems went out the door with them, and the numbers of readers (though some said the departures would kill the board) only increased...which was the original topic of this thread.

And that brings me full circle...Yesterday I walked away from this stuff and took a hiatus. Like Watamushi said, it was a disturbing situation and especially with this being the weekend before Christmas, it was too much. I was ready to come back on sometime in the next day, and just suggest everyone get away from the forums overall and enjoy the holidays...even if you don't celebrate Christmas, just get out among people and have fun. Drink a toast to your friends and good times, and all that. That's what I did yesterday, only in the form of eating a large meal and being Santa Claus trying to find last minute gifts.

Then I log on today to do just that, and see what has transpired.

So again, I hope Watamushi takes my apology as sincere, and I hope we can start putting this behind us and move forward. And I can say again that my reaction was coming from a place of frustration on what was being said and done, but if it's over then let's call it a done deal, Watamushi, take what we both said in the heat of the situation as just that, and move forward.
Thank you so much for your apology. I'm really relieved to hear that.

I'm more than willing to put behind what had happened to us and move forward, and I do hope everybody around will.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: December 23, 2018, 07:18:36 PM »

Here here, and best holiday wishes to each and everyone of you!

Catbirdman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 23, 2018, 07:24:02 PM »

(post deleted)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 08:02:03 PM by Catbirdman » Logged

My real name is Peter Aaron Beyer. I live in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 23, 2018, 07:27:33 PM »

Now apologies have been made, and we're moving on.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 08:17:10 PM by Watamushi » Logged
Catbirdman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 23, 2018, 07:32:10 PM »

Craig, your inability to let go of grudges and to ever do any serious self-reflecting is a scourge upon the Beach Boys online fan community and NO ONE is more responsible for the schisms that exist. Truth.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 08:13:49 PM by Catbirdman » Logged

Catbirdman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 23, 2018, 07:34:47 PM »

(post deleted)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 08:14:02 PM by Catbirdman » Logged

Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 23, 2018, 07:40:24 PM »

It was closed because of the decision made by forum owner, Anderrson.

New board is here(http://endlessharmony.boards.net/), and PSF members are moving on to this place.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 08:17:46 PM by Watamushi » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx