gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:38:49 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smiley Smile Message Board Milestone - And General Words Of Thanks  (Read 57798 times)
The Lovester
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 21, 2018, 09:50:56 PM »

GF, I am not talking about that right now. The point I keep making and that you refuse to acknowledge is that you, as a moderator, were seemingly breaking a rule and going off topic to attack two members of your own board by name. And, because of your position of your board, it seems there will be no consequences for this (wow, pot calling the kettle black). Either mod care to respond or tell me that I am wrong, instead of avoiding the question?

You're absolutely right rab, if by acting "like the civil adult he is and he ended up getting banned for no logical reason whatsoever," you meant going over there for seemingly the sole purpose of stirring the pot and only using his account to constantly argue with people he knows do not like him, and by "comes out the bigger person in all of this," you meant deciding to attack two posters by name on another board and creating an environment where they are seemingly not welcomed (which, by my understanding, is against the rules). If that's what you meant by those two statements, then you're 100% right!

Your original post, the original point in your post which I asked about...Can you produce proof and context of what you said and is highlighted in bold? I asked, you never replied, now you want me to answer how you want me to answer...Seriously, this act won't work and it's obvious why you and "BummerInParadise" showed up. So go back to the PS Forum and have fun with your friends, it's done here.
GF, your silence is providing all the answers I need. Let this be a lesson to everyone of the smileysmile board: You are allowed to openly break rules and harass members of the board, as long as you are a moderator! Unless Billy wants to jump in and address this, then I don't think there is anything else to say here. Also, Craig, I actually requested you find 5 posts of yours that weren't arguing and you refused to, but nice attempt to try and pin this on me!
The Lovester
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 21, 2018, 09:53:16 PM »

GF, I am not talking about that right now. The point I keep making and that you refuse to acknowledge is that you, as a moderator, were seemingly breaking a rule and going off topic to attack two members of your own board by name. And, because of your position of your board, it seems there will be no consequences for this (wow, pot calling the kettle black). Either mod care to respond or tell me that I am wrong, instead of avoiding the question?

You're absolutely right rab, if by acting "like the civil adult he is and he ended up getting banned for no logical reason whatsoever," you meant going over there for seemingly the sole purpose of stirring the pot and only using his account to constantly argue with people he knows do not like him, and by "comes out the bigger person in all of this," you meant deciding to attack two posters by name on another board and creating an environment where they are seemingly not welcomed (which, by my understanding, is against the rules). If that's what you meant by those two statements, then you're 100% right!

Your original post, the original point in your post which I asked about...Can you produce proof and context of what you said and is highlighted in bold? I asked, you never replied, now you want me to answer how you want me to answer...Seriously, this act won't work and it's obvious why you and "BummerInParadise" showed up. So go back to the PS Forum and have fun with your friends, it's done here.
And stop playing dumb. I can't prove that you know in your mind that certain people over there dislike you, I inferred it. And I think anyone looking at your post history can see a large percentage of your posts are arguments. Pretty simple, I don't need to provide evidence like this is a court room.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 21, 2018, 09:54:11 PM »

Ugh that’s not what happened... You never post here and came back to troll GF.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: December 21, 2018, 09:55:37 PM »

But I'm proud to say I didn't pay a dime for them and got them for free online. My principle is, if certain names are attached and others left off of any project related to the Beach Boys, I don't give them a dime or a penny of my money. Best money I never spent.

It is becoming so incredibly difficult to get the corporate support that enables these highly specialized niche oriented projects to happen at all. Proudly stating that you won't pay a dime for a project because I acknowledged AGD for historical research in the special thanks isn't just a matter of availing yourself of the YouTube option. It feels more like a sort of boycott.  And this time it hurts a little, because (as you may have noticed), there is no promotion for this year's stack of tracks. We're hoping and praying that people who appreciate the hard work that goes into these projects will support that work by buying copies/downloads and proving to Universal Music that there is a market for this kind of Beach Boys archival collection.

The attention and feedback you all have given over the years has been inspiring. As for the stuff between the message boards and whatever it is we stepped in that made you decide to not actually purchase our latest work.... I don't know what to say to that. I hope you'll change your mind, because we need all the help we can get out here.

I feel you. I don't regret my initial purchase, despite it being free legally, because I consider it more like I don't want to say donation, necessarily, but more as a thank you than anything. That, and I look forward to next year's set. Also, because Jay & I made diddly on the last F2S release despite heavy streams, so it hits a bit close to home. I do wish they weren't on YouTube concurrently because to the average consumer it does feel like a bit of a gyp.

As for the other posts...reading through the thread right now.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
The Lovester
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 21, 2018, 09:57:25 PM »

But I'm proud to say I didn't pay a dime for them and got them for free online. My principle is, if certain names are attached and others left off of any project related to the Beach Boys, I don't give them a dime or a penny of my money. Best money I never spent.

It is becoming so incredibly difficult to get the corporate support that enables these highly specialized niche oriented projects to happen at all. Proudly stating that you won't pay a dime for a project because I acknowledged AGD for historical research in the special thanks isn't just a matter of availing yourself of the YouTube option. It feels more like a sort of boycott.  And this time it hurts a little, because (as you may have noticed), there is no promotion for this year's stack of tracks. We're hoping and praying that people who appreciate the hard work that goes into these projects will support that work by buying copies/downloads and proving to Universal Music that there is a market for this kind of Beach Boys archival collection.

The attention and feedback you all have given over the years has been inspiring. As for the stuff between the message boards and whatever it is we stepped in that made you decide to not actually purchase our latest work.... I don't know what to say to that. I hope you'll change your mind, because we need all the help we can get out here.

I feel you. I don't regret my initial purchase, despite it being free legally, because I consider it more like I don't want to say donation, necessarily, but more as a thank you than anything. That, and I look forward to next year's set. Also, because Jay & I made diddly on the last F2S release despite heavy streams, so it hits a bit close to home. I do wish they weren't on YouTube concurrently because to the average consumer it does feel like a bit of a gyp.

As for the other posts...reading through the thread right now.
Thank you Billy, I would just like clarification.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: December 21, 2018, 10:01:11 PM »

It is becoming so incredibly difficult to get the corporate support that enables these highly specialized niche oriented projects to happen at all. Proudly stating that you won't pay a dime for a project because I acknowledged AGD for historical research in the special thanks isn't just a matter of availing yourself of the YouTube option. It feels more like a sort of boycott.  And this time it hurts a little, because (as you may have noticed), there is no promotion for this year's stack of tracks. We're hoping and praying that people who appreciate the hard work that goes into these projects will support that work by buying copies/downloads and proving to Universal Music that there is a market for this kind of Beach Boys archival collection.

I appreciate the hard work, Alan, both you and Mark have been a Godsend to the fans and your persistence in getting this material out and love for the material itself...we're blessed to have you where you are, doing what you do! I'd never, ever suggest anything less.

I understand where it would hurt, but I would ask in return that you also understand how bad things were on a personal level between Doe and people I call my friends (and me, too), to where they were being lied about and trashed by a guy using his status as a "historian" to behave that way. And that hurt them, and me too to see what was going on behind the shroud of "insider" Beach Boys circles. There are lines one simply does not cross on basic human decency levels, and in some of these cases, lines were crossed which to this day there have been no apologies or even admissions that things should not have been said or done.

So I'll say again, I'm not advocating a boycott, I'm not saying don't buy this, but when I saw that credit it did put a dark cloud over it *for me* personally. I would think if the credit was for research, Ian Rusten among a few others would have deserved a credit too considering the sheer volume of research he's added through the years, especially to the site hosted by Doe.

But again, that's just me. If my wording on the "free" point was confusing, as I think it was, I'm sorry for that. If it felt like I was calling for a boycott, I absolutely was not. But just the same, seeing those credits did put a damper on the whole thing for me, and I had to be honest when I said that earlier, but perhaps in not the right choice of words. I want as many people as possible to hear this amazing music, I'd never suggest otherwise. But for me, the credits honestly did have an effect on my view of it and I wish that were not the case - My own hang-up.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 21, 2018, 10:14:09 PM »

Alan, right after reading this post of yours, I went and purchased both MP3 albums on Amazon. I had previously been streaming them on Spotify, and I did plan to purchase them, but I was holding out hope for an eventual physical release.

But I understand the state of the industry being what it is, and I greatly appreciate you being candid about the situation. Very much so. It's really ridiculous to me that there has been no proper "official" promo for this set!!  But I've done my part in telling a bunch of friends about it who are not on this board. Everybody is excited. I will certainly drive home the situation to them, if it wasn't obvious enough from the state of the industry.

Thanks again a thousand times over for your tireless work. No words. This music brings me soooo very much joy, particularly stuff from this era.  At this point I really do think that everybody on this board should follow suit and purchase the MP3 albums.  Tonight!  Regardless of how you typically consume music. Spotify or no Spotify. YouTube or no YouTube. Being personally upset at one or more of the people involved or not. It's worth it for the greater good of future releases. Do it!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 10:17:27 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 21, 2018, 10:18:26 PM »

The Lovester, why do you care? It's not between you & guitarfool. Why defend people you don't know anyway? Besides, he got banned at PS, shouldn't you be happy then? Since you say people dislike him, I take it you too. What's the questioning then for? It doesn't make sense. & as SB said, you never posted before, yet suddenly chime in to, what, ask questions to the banned poster?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: December 21, 2018, 10:19:37 PM »

And stop playing dumb. I can't prove that you know in your mind that certain people over there dislike you, I inferred it. And I think anyone looking at your post history can see a large percentage of your posts are arguments. Pretty simple, I don't need to provide evidence like this is a court room.

Yes you do. You came on here and made claims of things I did or said, and stated my reason for going over there, so prove them. If you can't, then you're just here to troll. Produce the proof and context of this claim: you meant going over there for seemingly the sole purpose of stirring the pot and only using his account to constantly argue with people he knows do not like him

In the past year you have posted here 3 times. ***Three***. Now you're all over this issue posting like mad trying to make claims and provoke some answer you want me to give...Just quit while you're ahead and go back to the PS Forum or Discord or wherever else you've been hanging out.

Three posts in a year and all of a sudden you're so concerned about me and this board? Give it a rest.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 10:21:09 PM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
The Lovester
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 21, 2018, 10:38:56 PM »

Yes you do. You came on here and made claims of things I did or said, and stated my reason for going over there, so prove them. If you can't, then you're just here to troll. Produce the proof and context of this claim: you meant going over there for seemingly the sole purpose of stirring the pot and only using his account to constantly argue with people he knows do not like him

In the past year you have posted here 3 times. ***Three***. Now you're all over this issue posting like mad trying to make claims and provoke some answer you want me to give...Just quit while you're ahead and go back to the PS Forum or Discord or wherever else you've been hanging out.

Three posts in a year and all of a sudden you're so concerned about me and this board? Give it a rest.
GF, I lurk on this forum. My post count does not give me any less of a right to raise an issue with moderation as someone with more posts. That’s called favoritism, and isn’t it what you’ve been harassing Dick and Wata about? Hmm, ironic. Secondly, I have better things to do than read through all your novellas over there, therefore I will let anyone reading this exchange who is uninformed go over there and seep through your post history. They can make decisions for themselves, it seems like every single person on that board who witnessed it first hand knew what you were up to. Lastly, I would just like you to respond to my point that I have been saying all along while you keep deflecting to another question: did you break a rule by harassing two members of your board, and why are there no consequences? It just seems a little hypocritical to me, that’s all, and I would really appreciate a straight answer.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: December 21, 2018, 10:48:14 PM »

Where was the harrasment? Honest question because I am trying to get up to speed. Just made it home and reading the last few pages is giving me a hell of a headache

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: December 21, 2018, 10:54:52 PM »

GF, I lurk on this forum. My post count does not give me any less of a right to raise an issue with moderation as someone with more posts. That’s called favoritism, and isn’t it what you’ve been harassing Dick and Wata about? Hmm, ironic. Secondly, I have better things to do than read through all your novellas over there, therefore I will let anyone reading this exchange who is uninformed go over there and seep through your post history. They can make decisions for themselves, it seems like every single person on that board who witnessed it first hand knew what you were up to. Lastly, I would just like you to respond to my point that I have been saying all along while you keep deflecting to another question: did you break a rule by harassing two members of your board, and why are there no consequences? It just seems a little hypocritical to me, that’s all, and I would really appreciate a straight answer.

Produce the proof and context of this claim: you meant going over there for seemingly the sole purpose of stirring the pot and only using his account to constantly argue with people he knows do not like him

Three posts in a year, and now you're so concerned about this board? Please, just be honest on who you are and what you're doing, and why you're here. If you make claims about things I said or my motivation for joining another forum, show me proof to back up your claims. Otherwise, you're here to troll. That's it.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 10:55:46 PM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

The Lovester
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 21, 2018, 11:10:06 PM »

Where was the harrasment? Honest question because I am trying to get up to speed. Just made it home and reading the last few pages is giving me a hell of a headache
“Yes, again I stand by what I said about Watamushi and his activity here, but he was completely full of sh*t in regards to my wanting to come there strictly to cause problems, and my confrontational posts.”
“Watamushi, if that's the kind of crap you'll use to moderate over there, I hope the reasons why you're giving Filledeplage and Manning free passes are worth it. Because your credibility just went down considerably.”
“Wondering who the mods think she is, unless there is another reason why they never take any action if she's involved or why it feels she can break any rules she chooses and gets a free pass.”
“Yes, of course my posts were pulled out of context and distorted to fit what Watamushi and Dick/Kane needed it to fit. That's how they justified their bullshit actions and bullshit in general, but it obviously isn't true as even observers reading through it are noticing.

So Watamushi and Dick, in your new capacity as the two mods running the place, are you happy that your first action is based on bullshit that outside observers are noticing and calling out as bullshit? Not to mention your complete avoidance of those like Filledeplage and Manning who publicly took a sh*t on your orders and posts and did what they wanted, and got away with it.”
“They could also answer why Watamushi posted comments of mine to justify a ban, comments taken out of context  that someone who isn't even a member there read, analyzed the context perfectly,  and called out as the bullshit it is? ”

“What do you call ignoring certain members' breaking of the board rules and constant shitting on your actions as a mod while calling out and scapegoating others if not playing favorites? For f**k's sake, it's not like no one is noticing this hypocrisy”

“So guys, Dick and Watmushi, if you're going to publicly try to pin this on me and assign things to me that did not happen, your credibility exists somewhere on the level of Rocky Pamplin, the topic of the thread where all this went down. Enjoy that with the 10 or so posters who get coddled and given free reign to disrespect you as moderators regularly.”

“When it reaches a point where the most recent moderators over there have to invent reasons to post why someone was banned, and make sh*t up based on their needs versus what actually played out (and can be readily seen in public posts) it's all but a lost cause.”

“Nice job guys, or guy in this case since it seems Watamushi was alone in putting the ban on Filledeplage and perhaps Dick found the whole thing too "draining" and didn't agree with banning a favored member.”

“Clusterfuck of the highest order.“

“Dick/Kane and Watamushi were either afraid of upsetting certain favored posters there, or they had marching orders to follow from other sources, or they're simply not good at moderating a board that averages between 20-30 readers and hasn't grown beyond that in over two years. That may say it all.

If they're going to run that place based on lies and allowing lies to stand (and liars to do whatever the f*** they want...), they'll have no credibility. They're on the level of Stan and Rocky, or even more pathetic, on the level of original admin Dirk/drBeachBoy who ran the board from Doe's back pocket until he flipped out on the mods he chose as the original admin and got banned from his own board for not following the rules.”

This wasn’t even all of it.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: December 21, 2018, 11:24:39 PM »

Yep, that's what I said here. I stand by every word because the PS Forum mods got it wrong, and proceeded to misrepresent what happened publicly. I replied in kind to what was written, said and done to try to misrepresent me and what actually happened, and neither Dick nor Watamushi has answered for it.

Now where's the proof of the claims you made? Or are you just doing this as an alias account to defend what was a complete bullshit situation all around?

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: December 21, 2018, 11:53:22 PM »

“Yes, again I stand by what I said about Watamushi and his activity here, but he was completely full of sh*t in regards to my wanting to come there strictly to cause problems, and my confrontational posts.”
“Watamushi, if that's the kind of crap you'll use to moderate over there, I hope the reasons why you're giving Filledeplage and Manning free passes are worth it. Because your credibility just went down considerably.”
“Wondering who the mods think she is, unless there is another reason why they never take any action if she's involved or why it feels she can break any rules she chooses and gets a free pass.”
“Yes, of course my posts were pulled out of context and distorted to fit what Watamushi and Dick/Kane needed it to fit. That's how they justified their bullshit actions and bullshit in general, but it obviously isn't true as even observers reading through it are noticing.

So Watamushi and Dick, in your new capacity as the two mods running the place, are you happy that your first action is based on bullshit that outside observers are noticing and calling out as bullshit? Not to mention your complete avoidance of those like Filledeplage and Manning who publicly took a sh*t on your orders and posts and did what they wanted, and got away with it.”
“They could also answer why Watamushi posted comments of mine to justify a ban, comments taken out of context  that someone who isn't even a member there read, analyzed the context perfectly,  and called out as the bullshit it is? ”

“What do you call ignoring certain members' breaking of the board rules and constant shitting on your actions as a mod while calling out and scapegoating others if not playing favorites? For f**k's sake, it's not like no one is noticing this hypocrisy”

“So guys, Dick and Watmushi, if you're going to publicly try to pin this on me and assign things to me that did not happen, your credibility exists somewhere on the level of Rocky Pamplin, the topic of the thread where all this went down. Enjoy that with the 10 or so posters who get coddled and given free reign to disrespect you as moderators regularly.”

“When it reaches a point where the most recent moderators over there have to invent reasons to post why someone was banned, and make sh*t up based on their needs versus what actually played out (and can be readily seen in public posts) it's all but a lost cause.”

“Nice job guys, or guy in this case since it seems Watamushi was alone in putting the ban on Filledeplage and perhaps Dick found the whole thing too "draining" and didn't agree with banning a favored member.”

“Dick/Kane and Watamushi were either afraid of upsetting certain favored posters there, or they had marching orders to follow from other sources, or they're simply not good at moderating a board that averages between 20-30 readers and hasn't grown beyond that in over two years. That may say it all.

If they're going to run that place based on lies and allowing lies to stand (and liars to do whatever the f*** they want...), they'll have no credibility. They're on the level of Stan and Rocky, or even more pathetic, on the level of original admin Dirk/drBeachBoy who ran the board from Doe's back pocket until he flipped out on the mods he chose as the original admin and got banned from his own board for not following the rules.”

Ok I understand where you’re coming from, but also understand that he was responding to actions taken in an official capacity as mods that he can’t respond to over there due to his ban

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: December 22, 2018, 12:07:06 AM »

Adding it up:

"The Lovester" makes claims about my motivations for joining and how I posted on another forum, so I ask for proof..."The Lovester" produces nothing.

"The Lovester" posts on this board *3* (count 'em) times in the past year, then all of a sudden comes alive tonight to comment and challenge in a situation where he or she is not even involved directly, in fact "The Lovester" is not directly involved at all in any of this...unless it's an alias for someone who was involved.

"The Lovester" doesn't post more than three times in a year, yet takes the time to excise all the comments from me he wants to complain about...and again, I stand by each and every word of them considering what transpired. I'm getting "Clusterfuck of the highest order" printed onto T-shirts and coffee mugs if anyone is interested in a last-minute Christmas stocking-stuffer.

I'd ask why is someone like "The Lovester" so concerned about issues that "The Lovester" had nothing to do with, unless it's a put-up job or an alias? It's none of your business.

Conclusion:
"The Lovester" is a fraud, or someone who doesn't have the guts to defend themselves using their real name or speaking as themselves, so they pull this stunt instead.

It failed.

Next.

(PS - contact me for info on the "clusterfuck..." shirts and mugs, I'll ship them so they arrive Monday)

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: December 22, 2018, 12:14:40 AM »

Guitarfool gets banned for responding to being slammed. Lovester slams Guitarfool and he’s still here.

Speaks volumes.

*drops mic*

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: December 22, 2018, 12:34:34 AM »

It is becoming so incredibly difficult to get the corporate support that enables these highly specialized niche oriented projects to happen at all. Proudly stating that you won't pay a dime for a project because I acknowledged AGD for historical research in the special thanks isn't just a matter of availing yourself of the YouTube option. It feels more like a sort of boycott.  And this time it hurts a little, because (as you may have noticed), there is no promotion for this year's stack of tracks. We're hoping and praying that people who appreciate the hard work that goes into these projects will support that work by buying copies/downloads and proving to Universal Music that there is a market for this kind of Beach Boys archival collection.

Alan, right after reading this post of yours, I went and purchased both MP3 albums on Amazon. I had previously been streaming them on Spotify, and I did plan to purchase them, but I was holding out hope for an eventual physical release.

But I understand the state of the industry being what it is, and I greatly appreciate you being candid about the situation. Very much so. It's really ridiculous to me that there has been no proper "official" promo for this set!!  But I've done my part in telling a bunch of friends about it who are not on this board. Everybody is excited. I will certainly drive home the situation to them, if it wasn't obvious enough from the state of the industry.

Thanks again a thousand times over for your tireless work. No words. This music brings me soooo very much joy, particularly stuff from this era.  At this point I really do think that everybody on this board should follow suit and purchase the MP3 albums.  Tonight!  Regardless of how you typically consume music. Spotify or no Spotify. YouTube or no YouTube. Being personally upset at one or more of the people involved or not. It's worth it for the greater good of future releases. Do it!

100% agreed. I considered it a donation more than anything. I want future releases!

Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: December 22, 2018, 01:17:10 AM »

“They could also answer why Watamushi posted comments of mine to justify a ban, comments taken out of context  that someone who isn't even a member there read, analyzed the context perfectly,  and called out as the bullshit it is? ”

Seems like you are trying to mod their forum from here GF. Comes across as bullying tbh. Comparing the numbers on each board is a bit silly. They are about the same I'd imagine. Visitors online thing with forums is not a reliable metric as it's full of various bot traffic skewing the numbers.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 01:18:43 AM by Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll » Logged

Theydon Bois
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 22, 2018, 03:36:49 AM »

Thank you very much for all of your dedication and hard work, Alan.  I'll admit I hadn't got around to purchasing this set yet but if the above is true then I have no excuses.  Consider it sold.

I appreciate the hard work, Alan, both you and Mark have been a Godsend to the fans and your persistence in getting this material out and love for the material itself...we're blessed to have you where you are, doing what you do! I'd never, ever suggest anything less.

I understand where it would hurt, but I would ask in return that you also understand how bad things were on a personal level between Doe and people I call my friends (and me, too), to where they were being lied about and trashed by a guy using his status as a "historian" to behave that way. And that hurt them, and me too to see what was going on behind the shroud of "insider" Beach Boys circles. There are lines one simply does not cross on basic human decency levels, and in some of these cases, lines were crossed which to this day there have been no apologies or even admissions that things should not have been said or done.

I understand where you're coming from, gf, but I'm a bit bemused that this is the moral line in the sand that you're drawing when we're talking about a collection that contains songs written by three different murderers.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 22, 2018, 03:45:59 AM »

Yeah, but nothing's been done. Just like in the past. Thanks to spineless or incompetent moderators on PS Forum who openly lied and distorted to suit the needs of that place, this board is dragged through the mud, lies are allowed to stand, and it's swept under the carpet? No apologies, no comments about fixing things moving forward, taking future action to avoid this bullshit again...nothing.

Doesn't fly where I'm concerned. Sorry. If people are still posting lies and they're being believed, we just drop it and sing Kum-Bye-A together like nothing happened? Keep turning the other cheek and get cold-cocked until we have a jaw broken in multiple places? Nope. Not happenin'.

As far as the new sets of music, yeah they're great, terrific listening - Kudos especially to Mark and Alan. But I'm proud to say I didn't pay a dime for them and got them for free online. My principle is, if certain names are attached and others left off of any project related to the Beach Boys, I don't give them a dime or a penny of my money. Best money I never spent.

GF - I haven't commented much about this part of the thread, since I've never visited PS forum, nor will I. I don't have the stomach to deal with any of those people anymore.  What I can say is I truly appreciate your insistence on correcting lies wherever you see them. That's really admirable. Selfishly, some of the lies were probably more than once, about me, so that's appreciated too. So, thanks again.

I second this. While I don't think this topic should be dwelled upon constantly (edit: not saying that anyone is dwelling on it constantly, didn't mean to imply this), I also think that the events of the past should not be forgotten. Craig went to the PS Forum and acted like the civil adult he is and he ended up getting banned for no logical reason whatsoever. He comes out the bigger person in all of this. He has put up with a lot of nonsense for years and yet he is still here helping run a very successful forum about our favorite band. It really is commendable. And to the children lurking from the PS Forum: this isn't ass-kissing, just sharing some courtesy to a guy who has put up with too much of your bullshit for the past few years.

I’m assuming you’re Dick Rising from the PS Forum? Apologies if I’m wrong about that. A mod or admin there made it impossible for guests to view the posting history of members there for some reason. So if what you say is even true then it is very hard to find the proof of this. Secondly, the only two cited examples for Guitarfool’s ban were Guitarfool defending himself from false and off-topic accusations started by people who are now temporarily banned for aiming the off-topic accusations and mean-spirited posts at Craig in the first place (which a mod there admits was the cause of all the drama in that thread). Thirdly, I lurked there and saw plenty of Craig’s posts that were very informative and non-disruptive. The times he was “disruptive” were when he was defending himself against people bringing up grudges against him (which the mods there admit was a problem).

You guys pride yourselves on how the PS Forum isn’t a place for negativity. Yet your very own badge “Super Moderator” is a jab straight at Guitarfool because of his status on the Brian Wilson forum...The first few moderators on the PS forum were mocking Guitarfool’s title and adopted it as their own as a joke back when the forum was starting. So when you guys try to take the moral high ground it doesn’t really come across as sincere for very obvious reasons.

More to that point, when you yourself have a jab aimed at Guitarfool stickied on every post you make and you’re not even aware of that, it makes me wonder how aware of other things relating to the problems of the forum you are. I don’t say that to offend, I just mean that this problem is complex enough to where what is obvious to others is hidden from some people who are relatively new to these problems.

Edit: just realized you’re not Dick Rising from the PS Forum. But my point still stands to DR and Watamushi, and frankly to anyone who thinks that the PS Forum is some mecca of morality.
______

Alan, I want to thank you for your decades of phenomenal and hard work. This soul has gotten so much joy and happiness listening to the last 20+ years of incredible releases. In defense of Guitarfool, I want to say that when someone threatens one’s family, when they try to find the general location of a poster here, when they spread lies about family of the person whose music you yourself work on, they cross a line. And I will admit, if I didn’t know better Guitarfool made it sound like he was pirating the music...but in this day and age, it is somewhat clear that you can listen to just about anything on YouTube for “free”. While he himself is not paying for it, he is still making this release money because YouTube and Spotify still send money to the record company each time a song from this release is played. Thanks again for all your hard and incredible work.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 04:39:58 AM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 22, 2018, 03:57:10 AM »

If I didn’t know any better, I could swear that when Craig initially joined PSF that people banned from here made a conscious decision to bait and troll him, breaking that board’s own rules.

http://petsoundsforum.com/thread/2388/hello-500th-member-join

But what do I know?

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 22, 2018, 04:13:06 AM »

If I didn’t know any better, I could swear that when Craig initially joined PSF that people banned from here made a conscious decision to bait and troll him, breaking that board’s own rules.

But what do I know?

Thanks for posting this. Craig is permanently banned and those who constantly fired insults and grudges his way from day one get slaps on the wrist. For a forum that prides itself on supposedly not tolerating negative behavior, the evidence of that is severely lacking.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 22, 2018, 04:19:53 AM »

But what do I know?

Thanks for posting this. Craig is permanently banned and those who constantly fired insults and grudges his way from day one get slaps on the wrist. For a forum that prides itself on supposedly not tolerating negative behavior, the evidence of that is severely lacking.

And don’t forget, when GF joined PSF, Billy posted here about that and asked us to lay off on the PSF bashing, which, I think we did. Which is why I found the PSF posters’ accusations about our behavior confusing.  Until I guessed that they are baiting GF.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 22, 2018, 05:40:36 AM »

AGD and flunkies need to leave us the f*** alone. Thread was fine until they banned GF and tried to embarrass us last night.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx