gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:47:21 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smiley Smile Message Board Milestone - And General Words Of Thanks  (Read 57792 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: December 21, 2018, 08:56:41 PM »

Yeah, but nothing's been done. Just like in the past. Thanks to spineless or incompetent moderators on PS Forum who openly lied and distorted to suit the needs of that place, this board is dragged through the mud, lies are allowed to stand, and it's swept under the carpet? No apologies, no comments about fixing things moving forward, taking future action to avoid this bullshit again...nothing.

Doesn't fly where I'm concerned. Sorry. If people are still posting lies and they're being believed, we just drop it and sing Kum-Bye-A together like nothing happened? Keep turning the other cheek and get cold-cocked until we have a jaw broken in multiple places? Nope. Not happenin'.

As far as the new sets of music, yeah they're great, terrific listening - Kudos especially to Mark and Alan. But I'm proud to say I didn't pay a dime for them and got them for free online. My principle is, if certain names are attached and others left off of any project related to the Beach Boys, I don't give them a dime or a penny of my money. Best money I never spent.

GF - I haven't commented much about this part of the thread, since I've never visited PS forum, nor will I. I don't have the stomach to deal with any of those people anymore.  What I can say is I truly appreciate your insistence on correcting lies wherever you see them. That's really admirable. Selfishly, some of the lies were probably more than once, about me, so that's appreciated too. So, thanks again.

I second this. While I don't think this topic should be dwelled upon constantly (edit: not saying that anyone is dwelling on it constantly, didn't mean to imply this), I also think that the events of the past should not be forgotten. Craig went to the PS Forum and acted like the civil adult he is and he ended up getting banned for no logical reason whatsoever. He comes out the bigger person in all of this. He has put up with a lot of nonsense for years and yet he is still here helping run a very successful forum about our favorite band. It really is commendable. And to the children lurking from the PS Forum: this isn't ass-kissing, just sharing some courtesy to a guy who has put up with too much of your bullshit for the past few years.
You're absolutely right rab, if by acting "like the civil adult he is and he ended up getting banned for no logical reason whatsoever," you meant going over there for seemingly the sole purpose of stirring the pot and only using his account to constantly argue with people he knows do not like him, and by "comes out the bigger person in all of this," you meant deciding to attack two posters by name on another board and creating an environment where they are seemingly not welcomed (which, by my understanding, is against the rules). If that's what you meant by those two statements, then you're 100% right!

The part in bold, Lovester - Total bullshit. But don't let the facts stop you. You're in good company, consider staying there if you're going to come here and make stuff up to fit your own bullshit.

See how the liars work? Thanks for proving that, Lovester.  

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: December 21, 2018, 08:58:05 PM »

As far as the new sets of music, yeah they're great, terrific listening - Kudos especially to Mark and Alan. But I'm proud to say I didn't pay a dime for them and got them for free online. My principle is, if certain names are attached and others left off of any project related to the Beach Boys, I don't give them a dime or a penny of my money. Best money I never spent.

Appalling.
Completely agree 100%, and I don't care who I piss off by saying that. I'm all for getting rid of bullies and liars, but not paying or supporting something just because a certain person is involved is downright insulting. Having a board member say it is one thing, but that it's a moderator, somebody who represents an online community....there are no words for it. Craig has let his hatred for Doe and PSF get in the way of basic logic, and common decency. I will walk away from this site for good over this if I have to.

It's on YouTube. If I or others choose to listen there, no matter what the reason, what's the problem?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
The Lovester
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 21, 2018, 09:00:55 PM »

Yeah, but nothing's been done. Just like in the past. Thanks to spineless or incompetent moderators on PS Forum who openly lied and distorted to suit the needs of that place, this board is dragged through the mud, lies are allowed to stand, and it's swept under the carpet? No apologies, no comments about fixing things moving forward, taking future action to avoid this bullshit again...nothing.

Doesn't fly where I'm concerned. Sorry. If people are still posting lies and they're being believed, we just drop it and sing Kum-Bye-A together like nothing happened? Keep turning the other cheek and get cold-cocked until we have a jaw broken in multiple places? Nope. Not happenin'.

GF - I haven't commented much about this part of the thread, since I've never visited PS forum, nor will I. I don't have the stomach to deal with any of those people anymore.  What I can say is I truly appreciate your insistence on correcting lies wherever you see them. That's really admirable. Selfishly, some of the lies were probably more than once, about me, so that's appreciated too. So, thanks again.

I second this. While I don't think this topic should be dwelled upon constantly (edit: not saying that anyone is dwelling on it constantly, didn't mean to imply this), I also think that the events of the past should not be forgotten. Craig went to the PS Forum and acted like the civil adult he is and he ended up getting banned for no logical reason whatsoever. He comes out the bigger person in all of this. He has put up with a lot of nonsense for years and yet he is still here helping run a very successful forum about our favorite band. It really is commendable. And to the children lurking from the PS Forum: this isn't ass-kissing, just sharing some courtesy to a guy who has put up with too much of your bullshit for the past few years.
You're absolutely right rab, if by acting "like the civil adult he is and he ended up getting banned for no logical reason whatsoever," you meant going over there for seemingly the sole purpose of stirring the pot and only using his account to constantly argue with people he knows do not like him, and by "comes out the bigger person in all of this," you meant deciding to attack two posters by name on another board and creating an environment where they are seemingly not welcomed (which, by my understanding, is against the rules). If that's what you meant by those two statements, then you're 100% right!

The part in bold, Lovester - Total bullshit. But don't let the facts stop you. You're in good company, consider staying there if you're going to come here and make stuff up to fit your own bullshit.

Hey Craig, thanks for the reply! Just wanted to play a little game: find 5 posts of yours on the board that aren't arguing with another poster. Also, you didn't choose to respond to my second point, does that mean that you admit that your persistent attacks are against the rules and constitute harassment?
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 21, 2018, 09:02:16 PM »

Appalling.
Completely agree 100%, and I don't care who I piss off by saying that. I'm all for getting rid of bullies and liars, but not paying or supporting something just because a certain person is involved is downright insulting. Having a board member say it is one thing, but that it's a moderator, somebody who represents an online community....there are no words for it. Craig has let his hatred for Doe and PSF get in the way of basic logic, and common decency. I will walk away from this site for good over this if I have to.

It's on YouTube. If I or others choose to listen there, no matter what the reason, what's the problem?
The problem is being proud for not having paid for something. Hell, the whole 6 cd box set of The Beatles White Album sessions are on YouTube, but I still intend to buy it legally. It'll set me back quite a bit, but well worth it.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: December 21, 2018, 09:04:07 PM »

Hey Craig, thanks for the reply! Just wanted to play a little game: find 5 posts of yours on the board that aren't arguing with another poster. Also, you didn't choose to respond to my second point, does that mean that you admit that your persistent attacks are against the rules and constitute harassment?

Won't work. Don't try it.

The Lovester
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 21, 2018, 09:04:47 PM »

Would like to take this opportunity to shill the Beach Boys Discord server, where approximately none of this inter-board drama has happened and it continues to not happen. And Alan and Mark are joining us in the near future for a Q&A. Lovely stuff.

Coincidentally the server owner is our local Dick Rising, who - as I'm sure everyone there can vouch for - does a perfectly fine job. Word.

After what happened with Dick's bungling the moderating on the PS Forum and helping expose what's going on over there with favored posters who are above the rules and lies allowed to stand unchecked, no thanks. In fact I thought you were joking when I read this after what happened in the past 48 hours.

That's cool, the invite isn't extended to everyone.

Good, then stop shilling for it here in a topic where it has nothing to do with anything. Dick screwed up - If the dishonesty and favoritism shown by his moderating on the PS Forum extends over to "Discord", you'll be averaging 20 readers just like the forum he moderates.

Oh, and this is off-topic, so maybe take any further shilling or whatever you're doing to the "Discord" thread where it's on-topic. Here: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,25934.0.html

Hey Craig, I'm a little confused as to the topic of the thread then, because according to your posts the topic should be "Let's all talk about the moderation on another forum that we claim we don't care about." Telling, since the thread actually started as a celebration.
bummerinparadise
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 21, 2018, 09:06:19 PM »

Make stuff up? He's 100% right. There are countless examples of you confronting and attacking other members on that board, and that's something that the facts support.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 21, 2018, 09:08:20 PM »

PSF is a crummy monument to a fat British fanboy’s ego and anti social behavior. I am pissed off that AGD is still looking for my personal information after four years. Wheeennn you get comps from that interested party for shows is far worse in the freeloading department than Craig giving the band money through viewership on YouTube.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: December 21, 2018, 09:08:42 PM »

Appalling.

The problem is being proud for not having paid for something. Hell, the whole 6 cd box set of The Beatles White Album sessions are on YouTube, but I still intend to buy it legally. It'll set me back quite a bit, but well worth it.

6 CD box, yes - Physical product. What if people said they prefer having a physical product, as in CD or vinyl like the Beatles set or earlier BB's sets, and just don't do digital downloads? And those who might listen on YouTube where the tracks are posted on the official Beach Boys channel if there there is no physical product?

I've already said, I will not financially support product with certain names attached because they wronged my friends in some bad ways and I don't believe in acknowledging bad behavior. If that's appalling, then so be it - But that's how strongly I feel about the appalling behavior directed at people I know. That's my hang-up. I already said that.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: December 21, 2018, 09:10:40 PM »

Make stuff up? He's 100% right. There are countless examples of you confronting and attacking other members on that board, and that's something that the facts support.

Bullshit. Produce the countless examples of these attacks and confrontations that the facts support, and show the context of whatever you're claiming too.

The Lovester
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 21, 2018, 09:14:34 PM »

Bullshit. Produce the countless examples of these attacks and confrontations that the facts support, and show the context of whatever you're claiming too.
Sorry to bother you, but I just wanted to confirm that by not responding to my point twice you're admitting that as a moderator you are openly breaking a rule and harassing two members of your board?

Edit: Also, if you won't respond, I would like to get another moderators opinion on whether or not GF's posts constitute harassment and therefore break the rules. Billy, your thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 09:23:02 PM by The Lovester » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: December 21, 2018, 09:21:32 PM »

Wait, wait wait...it is available for free on the OFFICIAL BEACH BOYS CHANNEL. Nothing wrong with listening to it there. Not the same thing as going to Limewire, or Kazaa, or whatever free sites used to exist before. I wouldn't know, I always pay for physical product in print and have done so for years. 

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: December 21, 2018, 09:24:04 PM »

That's physical product. Not the same.  This is something available for free OFFICIALLY. Must throw that out there and emphasize.  I already bought it and then found out it was free LEGALLY AND OFFICIALLY

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 21, 2018, 09:27:18 PM »

GF is tame compared to Alan Smith and others personally threatening me for merely posting without argument on the PSF.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 04:18:40 PM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 21, 2018, 09:28:04 PM »

That's physical product. Not the same.  This is something available for free OFFICIALLY. Must throw that out there and emphasize.  I already bought it and then found out it was free LEGALLY AND OFFICIALLY

It's available on Spotify, but I was under the impression that the group and whoever their representatives are didn't have much of a say in it. It's still available to buy legally.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: December 21, 2018, 09:28:52 PM »

Sorry to bother you, but I just wanted to confirm that by not responding to my point twice you're admitting that as a moderator you are openly breaking a rule and harassing two members of your board?

Edit: Also, if you won't respond, I would like to get another moderators opinion on whether or not GF's posts constitute harassment and therefore break the rules. Billy, your thoughts?

If I won't respond to you? You make claims about what I did, I ask you to produce the proof of those claims from that board in context, and you change the subject.  

Seriously, this reminds me of someone who posted under a different name in the past...Pinder? Emily? Bean Bag?

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: December 21, 2018, 09:32:27 PM »

It's available on Spotify, but I was under the impression that the group and whoever their representatives are didn't have much of a say in it. It's still available to buy legally.

Right, but it is available on YouTube and Spotify, and if people for whatever reasons they have are choosing to hear the music on those official and legal platforms, what's the problem? I can see disagreeing with my reasoning, but I explained that and if it's appalling, so be it.

But listening on YouTube and Spotify are not to be shamed, I hope, if people are choosing to do so. The issue then becomes allowing those outlets to feature the tracks, not people who listen.

And some people simply do not buy digital downloads, and prefer hard-copy product especially on archival or vault material.

The Lovester
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 21, 2018, 09:40:34 PM »

If I won't respond to you? You make claims about what I did, I ask you to produce the proof of those claims from that board in context, and you change the subject.  

Seriously, this reminds me of someone who posted under a different name in the past...Pinder? Emily? Bean Bag?

GF, I am not talking about that right now. The point I keep making and that you refuse to acknowledge is that you, as a moderator, were seemingly breaking a rule and going off topic to attack two members of your own board by name. And, because of your position of your board, it seems there will be no consequences for this (wow, pot calling the kettle black). Either mod care to respond or tell me that I am wrong, instead of avoiding the question?
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 21, 2018, 09:42:42 PM »

Right, but it is available on YouTube and Spotify, and if people for whatever reasons they have are choosing to hear the music on those official and legal platforms, what's the problem? I can see disagreeing with my reasoning, but I explained that and if it's appalling, so be it.

But listening on YouTube and Spotify are not to be shamed, I hope, if people are choosing to do so. The issue then becomes allowing those outlets to feature the tracks, not people who listen.

And some people simply do not buy digital downloads, and prefer hard-copy product especially on archival or vault material.
I get what you're saying, and I'm not trying to shame people for using YouTube or any other legal online way of listening. What initially pissed me off and I found offensive was your saying you were proud to do it that way, and simply because one name is listed in the credits.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 21, 2018, 09:43:59 PM »

This thread started so promising (kinda like the BBs in 1961) before jealousy ruined things...

Alan Boyd
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 21, 2018, 09:45:08 PM »

But I'm proud to say I didn't pay a dime for them and got them for free online. My principle is, if certain names are attached and others left off of any project related to the Beach Boys, I don't give them a dime or a penny of my money. Best money I never spent.

It is becoming so incredibly difficult to get the corporate support that enables these highly specialized niche oriented projects to happen at all. Proudly stating that you won't pay a dime for a project because I acknowledged AGD for historical research in the special thanks isn't just a matter of availing yourself of the YouTube option. It feels more like a sort of boycott.  And this time it hurts a little, because (as you may have noticed), there is no promotion for this year's stack of tracks. We're hoping and praying that people who appreciate the hard work that goes into these projects will support that work by buying copies/downloads and proving to Universal Music that there is a market for this kind of Beach Boys archival collection.

The attention and feedback you all have given over the years has been inspiring. As for the stuff between the message boards and whatever it is we stepped in that made you decide to not actually purchase our latest work.... I don't know what to say to that. I hope you'll change your mind, because we need all the help we can get out here.
The Lovester
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 21, 2018, 09:46:12 PM »

This thread started so promising (kinda like the BBs in 1961) before jealousy ruined things...
In the wise words of GF, go and read the thread Smiley

There was one poster who consistently went off topic and used this thread to attack two individuals, before any of this happened. Funnily enough, he seemed to be arguing with himself! LOL
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: December 21, 2018, 09:46:27 PM »

GF, I am not talking about that right now. The point I keep making and that you refuse to acknowledge is that you, as a moderator, were seemingly breaking a rule and going off topic to attack two members of your own board by name. And, because of your position of your board, it seems there will be no consequences for this (wow, pot calling the kettle black). Either mod care to respond or tell me that I am wrong, instead of avoiding the question?

Your original post, the original point in your post which I asked about...Can you produce proof and context of what you said and is highlighted in bold? I asked, you never replied, now you want me to answer how you want me to answer...Seriously, this act won't work and it's obvious why you and "BummerInParadise" showed up. So go back to the PS Forum and have fun with your friends, it's done here.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 09:47:14 PM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

MaestroDavros
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 21, 2018, 09:48:30 PM »

guitarfool, you do realize that unless you're using an ad-blocker, that streams from YouTube and Spotify are monetized by ads, right? Ads that go right into the coffers of the very people who you claim you wish not to support. Fractions of pennies at a time yes, but nonetheless it is financially reimbursing Capitol/UMe/Brother (as well as the streaming sites).

The issue here is that Alan saw what you had posted, and was suitably upset at the very least. I don't know about you, but if I'd put blood, sweat and tears into a product only to hear, regardless of the context, that someone immediately after congratulating me on it boasted that they had proudly not spent a dime on it, I'd be incredibly upset and disappointed at the bare minimum.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 21, 2018, 09:50:46 PM »

So I am a bad guy for streaming an online only release. I think the BRI is about to lose a fan for good.... Undecided

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx