gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680774 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 02:27:11 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smiley Smile Message Board Milestone - And General Words Of Thanks  (Read 58181 times)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2018, 11:16:41 AM »

What the hell did I wake up to?
Nothing much. Just another lovely day in Beach Boys land.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2018, 11:23:54 AM »

Doe’s minions are too much for one moderator to handle. Mushi is like Billy without anyone to back him like GF! ( No offense to Billy)

No offense taken! One person can't do it on his/her own.

Dear God not here too! Can we not just stop all the fighting?! I confess that I myself think this is all bullcorn and bullshit both at the same time and I came oh so very close to deleting my account over there until I saw two of the others also suspended for their part too. So I am like okay so maybe this is over but I come here and we are all back to the same thing. So I am going to verbalize the same thing I did over there...can we not just all start over?!

I am going to start.

“Hello my name is Rebecca and I am a Beach Boys addict”

Hi Rebecca! LOL

I understand how you feel. I wish more felt like you do personally. I too want this to stop but it's going to take a concentrated effort on all sides and all involved.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2018, 11:44:14 AM »

Nothing will stop as long as lies are allowed to be told openly and allowed to stand unchecked, and people are allowed to post lies openly with no recourse.

It's a nice sentiment to say let's all stop this but there isn't much more that can be demonstrated beyond what's been happening to show that this is not what is wanted from those relatively small numbers of posters actively involved in the Pet Sounds Forum, is it?

The leopard can't change its spots, and in this case yet again the same 10 or so rotten apples are allowed to keep spoiling the barrel and distorting facts as they please, and moderators apparently accept that they are lying, agree with the lies in spite of seeing the truth, or are powerless to do anything to act on it.

So, hope is slim. But those with the facts can and will happily produce them any time it's necessary without fear of getting "banned" by those lying and distorting.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2018, 11:46:15 AM »

I'm a mod there too now. Me and Watamushi will do our best to keep the board civil alongside the other mods. We won't play favorites.

I guess the asterisk was left off this post to exclude Filledeplage, John Manning, and others in that group who can ignore the rules, disrespect the mods' warnings and posts, and do whatever the hell they want and be allowed to get away with it unchecked.

So much for not playing favorites.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 11:48:37 AM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2018, 11:52:20 AM »

Having finally seen the thread in question -thank you for the dual member who was nice enough to share it with me   ( http://petsoundsforum.com/thread/2355/rockys-book?page=8 ) to me personally sounds like fillindablanks should've gotten a time out as well

Edit. Sorry for basically parroting what you said, Craig.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 11:52:55 AM by ♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇 » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2018, 11:52:54 AM »

Just tell those of us who are interested, why is Filledeplage given a free pass on the PS Forum and allowed to openly lie, break the rules, start sh*t by bringing up old grudges and whatnot repeatedly, and all the other stuff without any action being taken?

If I'm going to be publicly blamed for instigating things that Filledeplage instigated (and which was on display for everyone to read unless it's been edited or altered since), and she has a history of doing the same thing then lying about it or evading the points entirely, it's not too much to ask for a clarification.

Or are favorites indeed being played? Manning too, but that's commonplace after the sh*t he pulled here.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2018, 11:55:48 AM »

Having finally seen the thread in question -thank you for the dual member who was nice enough to share it with me   ( http://petsoundsforum.com/thread/2355/rockys-book?page=8 ) to me personally sounds like fillindablanks should've gotten a time out as well

Edit. Sorry for basically parroting what you said, Craig.

No problem, Billy - Thanks for posting that.

Now everyone can see the bullshit with their own eyes, and see who it really was that started this sh*t which I'm now blamed for. Catch it before it gets altered or scrubbed.

Hint: It's Filledeplage again.

Wondering who the mods think she is, unless there is another reason why they never take any action if she's involved or why it feels she can break any rules she chooses and gets a free pass.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2018, 11:56:54 AM »

My favorite part is the "evidence" that Watamushi linked in Guitarfool's banned thread. It was two posts of Guitarfool rightfully defending himself from off-topic false accusations...and by "defending" I mean it was Guitarfool civilly responding and then trying to get the conversation back on topic. And now the PS forum has an "Ass kissing thread" I guess to mock this one. I wonder if the person who started that thread will get a few gold stars from the mods for that move.

I think Billy is partially right in that it will take concentrated effort for the "fighting" to stop. However, I think this thread right here is the most the PS Forum has been talked about on this forum in well over 6 months. Whereas go to any random thread there and you can usually read some childish digs about this place at least a couple times a week. And you'd think if their forum was so good they wouldn't waste so much of their time bitching about this one.

But the "concentrated effort" that Billy wants needs to come from the moderators of a forum allowing some pretty bad stuff to happen on their turf. In a couple days this forum will go back to talking about Beach Boys stuff, whereas the lying and nonsense will just continue over there as long as a few of their members are allowing to get by Scott-free when they clearly break the rules.

Guitarfool, thanks for the correction about Sheriff John Stone. After his admitting to such a petulant troll job I just assumed he was banned, I forgot he just skittered off.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2018, 11:59:03 AM »

Thank  “f***” they didn’t mention me or OSD!  Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2018, 12:02:22 PM »

My favorite part is the "evidence" that Watamushi linked in Guitarfool's banned thread. It was two posts of Guitarfool rightfully defending himself from off-topic false accusations...and by "defending" I mean it was Guitarfool civilly responding and then trying to get the conversation back on topic. And now the PS forum has an "Ass kissing thread" I guess to mock this one. I wonder if the person who started that thread will get a few gold stars from the mods for that move.

I think Billy is partially right in that it will take concentrated effort for the "fighting" to stop. However, I think this thread right here is the most the PS Forum has been talked about on this forum in well over 6 months. Whereas go to any random thread there and you can usually read some childish digs about this place at least a couple times a week. And you'd think if their forum was so good they wouldn't waste so much of their time bitching about this one.

But the "concentrated effort" that Billy wants needs to come from the moderators of a forum allowing some pretty bad stuff to happen on their turf. In a couple days this forum will go back to talking about Beach Boys stuff, whereas the lying and nonsense will just continue over there as long as a few of their members are allowing to get by Scott-free when they clearly break the rules.

Guitarfool, thanks for the correction about Sheriff John Stone. After his admitting to such a petulant troll job I just assumed he was banned, I forgot he just skittered off.

I'm sure the 20 regular readers will enjoy that. Yeah, bring it on if that's what they want.

Yes, of course my posts were pulled out of context and distorted to fit what Watamushi and Dick/Kane needed it to fit. That's how they justified their bullshit actions and bullshit in general, but it obviously isn't true as even observers reading through it are noticing.

So Watamushi and Dick, in your new capacity as the two mods running the place, are you happy that your first action is based on bullshit that outside observers are noticing and calling out as bullshit? Not to mention your complete avoidance of those like Filledeplage and Manning who publicly took a sh*t on your orders and posts and did what they wanted, and got away with it.

If you needed a scapegoat, you chose the wrong one. Usually the best scapegoats are the ones who don't have proof and facts to produce when needed. Just in case you need one in the future.

Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2018, 12:11:42 PM »

Thank  “f***” they didn’t mention me or OSD!  Wink

Elton says hi! 😉

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
MsBecca
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2018, 12:46:17 PM »

I was afraid of posting this because I am afraid I now will get banned for retaliation but I lost a lot of respect for certain people after the way this was handled. Last time I myself tried to broker some sort of peace or plea for us all to make things right, I got slammed by a couple of people and made to feel like an idiot, then got a private message or two trying to give me dirt which I promptly said uh uh to.  Oh and was told that maybe I should post here instead like the implication was I was not welcome.  It was just a couple of people but jeez louise why does it even have to be like this. I am this close to saying to hell with both forums and leaving for good. The drama and irritation is something I do not need as I am struggling with my sobriety.

So whatever I just want this to stop.

I hope this does go back to discussing the music because that is why I am here and there
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2018, 01:03:56 PM »

I was afraid of posting this because I am afraid I now will get banned for retaliation but I lost a lot of respect for certain people after the way this was handled. Last time I myself tried to broker some sort of peace or plea for us all to make things right, I got slammed by a couple of people and made to feel like an idiot, then got a private message or two trying to give me dirt which I promptly said uh uh to.  Oh and was told that maybe I should post here instead like the implication was I was not welcome.  It was just a couple of people but jeez louise why does it even have to be like this. I am this close to saying to hell with both forums and leaving for good. The drama and irritation is something I do not need as I am struggling with my sobriety.

So whatever I just want this to stop.

I hope this does go back to discussing the music because that is why I am here and there

ChewBecca if this is affecting you that much, then maybe you need to step back. I say that out of respect, and I hope you don't take it the wrong way.  I know how you feel; it's one of the reasons why I've been listening way more to Billy Joel than the Beach Boys lately...much less baggage.

Aomdiddlywalla
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2018, 01:15:30 PM »

Listening does not give baggage......  The internet / message boards may?     Love the Friends set,     wait ... Listen ...listen.. listen.. God Bless Brian Wilson.
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2018, 01:17:03 PM »

Maybe just stop reading this thread, as I will do now.
I sometimes read posts on that other forum. I was sort of following the "Rocky" thread but when it started to turn ugly I stopped reading that thread.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2018, 01:29:12 PM »

Listening does not give baggage......  The internet / message boards may?     Love the Friends set,     wait ... Listen ...listen.. listen.. God Bless Brian Wilson.

Good point. Those new sets have been like a godsend to me. I know it's early but wonder what will be on next year's collection(s)...

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2018, 02:04:12 PM »

I hate to contribute to any bickering or "us vs. them" mentality, but I think it's fair to say that any poster on any messageboard who evades a question (in the context of a polite back-and-forth conversation) is either basically a troll, or they are hiding something or protecting someone. Nobody should consider that acceptable behavior in a conversation, and nobody should coddle peers who do it. It should outrage *everyone*. It's not something that we, as humans, would do in person if having a convo with someone (just giving someone the silent treatment, or answering "veggie burger" to a question of "what time is it?").

Much like with politicians who have simply done/said something indefensible, it generally comes down to being about just wanting to not address something because they know there's no way to defend it. I'd be willing to bet stacks of money that the BBs messageboard people who do it are also the same folks who *would* call out similar behavior in a politician they didn't care for during a debate. (As a side note: no Democrat should find a Democratic politician's evasion of questions acceptable, and same vice versa no Republican should find a Republican politician's evasion of questions acceptable; as people, this is garbage behavior and a garbage way to conduct one's self, and enables corruption - does anyone really, truly, in their heart disagree with me on that?) And don't even get me started about whataboutism in context of message board threads. Ay carumba, man.

I wish people would just fess up and admit, flat out say that they want to extend special treatment to either member(s) of this band, another poster on a board, etc. Just say "we don't want to say/address/admit/respond to xyz because we don't want to piss off this particular person". Sometimes this has been implied, of course. While it might still be frustrating in the context of a disagreement, at least it'd be a modicum of an olive branch, and an honest and at least somewhat understandable stance to take and own; I don't think this makes someone a bad person to take that stance; it's the mindgames that some people play that are pretty toxic and problematic, IMHO.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 02:18:23 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2018, 02:09:39 PM »

That last sentence....I wish it would be flat out stated that it is for Andrew Doe's own amusement or whatever else he is greasing their palms with (perhaps with himself...). Turning the other cheek to filledeplage and John Manning's posts was kind of sickening if I'm being frank.

mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2018, 02:33:29 PM »

I don't post here a lot, but feel the need to chime in.  I've been a fan since 1970, I've done two newsletters "back in the day" (around 1976-1983), and I've never understood the in-fighting that goes on amongst followers of the Beach Boys.  In a sad way, it somewhat parallels the dysfunction of the band itself.  There are a number of people who seemingly relish the chance to continue the devisiveness.  I don't frequent the Pet Sounds board, but I went there today and was reading through the thread on Rocky/Ron's book.  I think both boards have their share of mischief-makers in their ranks.  To me, some of this is exacerbated by the anonymity that most people post under - for example, I don't know who virtually ANY of the members of either board are, almost everyone uses  a fake name.  Offhand, the only poster I know is Andrew Doe - I know there have been problems aplenty with Andrew, and I'm not taking sides - I'm just saying that, he at least is posting under his actual name.  To me, it seems the anonymity of posting under aliases makes it easier to sling mud. 

Having said all that, it seems to me that the real issue is that some people just like to stir up trouble.  Some people have their own agendas and take every opportunity to promote them.  It certainly takes away from what I see as the real purpose of boards like these two.  Which is, to share our love for this amazing band's music.

And then we'll have world peace!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2018, 03:16:57 PM »

well said Mtaber!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 04:02:47 PM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2018, 04:29:10 PM »

Congrats to smiley smile

And thanks to all it's members and guests and of course it's fantastic mods

Grin  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2018, 04:45:30 PM »

Thank you Shady!

And, seconded, SB

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2018, 04:58:36 PM »

Long live Smiley Smile! Cool Guy

Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2018, 05:46:00 PM »

All of the above brings us back to where we were at the start of this thread...the dust-up over there is more proof of some deep-seated compulsion that fuels a subset of participants there that cannot be controlled when they're brought back to the events that forced them to start their own "nearest faraway place." There is good info over there, some intelligent discussion that contributes thought-provoking insight...but there continues to be an unhealed wound there that festers, waiting to be re-opened. Marty has it right in that it does echo the history of the Beach Boys themselves.

So be it. We acknowledge it with a sigh of resignation...and "sail on."
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2018, 05:55:54 PM »

^ 100% agreed Don

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx