gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 09:45:08 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smiley Smile Message Board Milestone - And General Words Of Thanks  (Read 58078 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 23, 2018, 06:26:47 AM »

Why people insist saying "PSF"? It's obvious it's forum, just say PS.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 23, 2018, 06:28:39 AM »

What’s up smile Brian

I’m Niko on the PSF forum btw. That’s my real name. I guess most people wouldn’t know that.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 06:30:02 AM by Woodstock » Logged

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 23, 2018, 06:28:50 AM »

niko used to be admin, then resigned. Watamushi took his place. Then resigned today.
That's pretty much what I just said.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 23, 2018, 06:29:11 AM »

Shoutout to PSF the pet sounds forum also known as PSF

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 23, 2018, 06:33:20 AM »

What’s up smile Brian

I’m Niko on the PSF forum btw. That’s my real name. I guess most people wouldn’t know that.
I hope everything is good for you these days!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 23, 2018, 06:34:18 AM »

Shoutout to PSF the pet sounds forum which is very obviously forum with or without any "forum" attached to it. Haha! Cheesy Top that. police

niko used to be admin, then resigned. Watamushi took his place. Then resigned today.
You said niko was mod. Mod & admin = 2 different things, you know?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 23, 2018, 07:05:56 AM »

I was admin for most of its lifetime. I was never a mod.

Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: December 23, 2018, 07:11:59 AM »

I just spent 5 minutes of seriously hard work setting up a new forum to fill the gap for the more moderate Beach Boys fan.

It has very strict rules though. No major players in the SSMB/PSF dispute allowed. Any reference to said dispute means an instant ban.

Here ya go - http://breakaway.boards.net/

ooops, I think I forgot the password already.... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 23, 2018, 07:34:41 AM »

Ha! Really like the new board name. Cheesy

Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 23, 2018, 07:36:27 AM »

And Stig sued himself accidentally.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 23, 2018, 07:38:55 AM »

Who's "Stig"?

Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 23, 2018, 07:45:38 AM »

Who's "Stig"?

Sting O’Hara, a character from The Rutles.

Adds some 🎼 to your day
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: December 23, 2018, 07:56:36 AM »

IN the future, everyone will have his or her own Beach Boys forum.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: December 23, 2018, 07:57:35 AM »

Who's "Stig"?

STIG O'Hara (no "n") - coincidentally, played by former Beach Boy Ricky Fataar.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 23, 2018, 08:05:25 AM »

It fit him to be clad in Beatles famous neck-free suit. IIRC, he's "George"?

c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: December 23, 2018, 08:13:07 AM »

It fit him to be clad in Beatles famous neck-free suit. IIRC, he's "George"?

Yep. And he played multiple instruments on the soundtrack album - guitar, bass, sitar...no drums, though. Smiley
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 23, 2018, 08:13:23 AM »

Who's "Stig"?

STIG O'Hara (no "n") - coincidentally, played by former Beach Boy Ricky Fataar.

Autocorrect got me.

Adds some 🎼 to your day
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 23, 2018, 08:14:58 AM »

Shoutout to PSF the pet sounds forum which is very obviously forum with or without any "forum" attached to it. Haha! Cheesy Top that. police

You said niko was mod. Mod & admin = 2 different things, you know?
I was under the impression that a mod and admin were essentially the same thing. Guess I was wrong.  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: December 23, 2018, 08:19:50 AM »

IN the future, everyone will have his or her own Beach Boys forum.

Possibly, might be the only way we can all get on.

I've made myself "King Admin". Mods will be assigned but it will be like Murry pushing up and down the faders on the fake mixer....will think they are modding but.....nothing.

Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 23, 2018, 08:20:59 AM »

Watamushi stepped down from his admin position on the PS Forum I just want to apologize for any hurtful words I said about Watamushi and Dick Rising’s moderation decisions. Though I still don’t agree with how things were handled there, I also didn’t need to say some things I said.

Any frustration I have regarding this drama is years of irritation about how things were handled from day one of that forum’s existence. That doesn’t excuse what I said about Watamushi and D Rising, but it at least explains the emotions behind what and why I said those things.

The biggest irony is my annoyance of how certain posters over on the PS forum act(ed) when I myself stooped to acting the same way because of this situation.

Watamushi has been such a positive part of this fandom since he arrived at both forums. If he doesn’t retake his admin position I hope he will at least continue to post and share his positivity about this music. I’m sorry again to both moderators, it’s not an easy job and my words certainly didn’t help.
I've kept quiet until now, in the fear of derailing this thread with arguments, but now I'm no longer a staff there and I'd like to speak up.

First, I'm really relieved to hear that from you. I have been disturbed and devastated by the entire situation in the last few days (please note that it's not only about this thread), and I considered getting away from both of the forums at some point. Thank you so much for your apology.

I have to apologize myself, too, I'm afraid. Although we had to draw a line in somewhere and make a decision, the way I spoke about guitarfool over there was a tad too blunt and thoughtless, and I'm pretty sure that didn't help when guitarfool spoke up about it here.

Also, when a bunch of less engaged posters here spoke up against guitarfool, some of them came off somewhat aggressive toward him. When I saw them posted, I feared it would result in argument and I asked some of them via personal messages "not to take it too far", but some eventually took it a tad too far. I'm sorry about that.

That being said, in defence of these members, they are definitely not sock puppets of someone else who wants to hide their identity. They are all legitimate and verifiable members on here, PSF or Beach Boys Discord. I can assure it, and I believe so can Dick Rising.

Again, thanks for your words, as well as your appreciation on what I've been doing in music discussion. I'll see if I still feel comfortable being around here and there, and if I indeed do, I will continue to post, as long as my capacity allows. I hope I do.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: December 23, 2018, 08:34:19 AM »

I just spent 5 minutes of seriously hard work setting up a new forum to fill the gap for the more moderate Beach Boys fan.

It has very strict rules though. No major players in the SSMB/PSF dispute allowed. Any reference to said dispute means an instant ban.

Here ya go - http://breakaway.boards.net/

ooops, I think I forgot the password already.... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Another board?  LOL   LOL LOL

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 23, 2018, 08:55:18 AM »

I hope mushi will stay with us long term.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 01:26:10 PM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 23, 2018, 08:57:30 AM »

I'm setting up a forum and only I can join it

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: December 23, 2018, 09:02:12 AM »

Watamushi stepped down from his admin position on the PS Forum I just want to apologize for any hurtful words I said about Watamushi and Dick Rising’s moderation decisions. Though I still don’t agree with how things were handled there, I also didn’t need to say some things I said.

Any frustration I have regarding this drama is years of irritation about how things were handled from day one of that forum’s existence. That doesn’t excuse what I said about Watamushi and D Rising, but it at least explains the emotions behind what and why I said those things.

The biggest irony is my annoyance of how certain posters over on the PS forum act(ed) when I myself stooped to acting the same way because of this situation.

Watamushi has been such a positive part of this fandom since he arrived at both forums. If he doesn’t retake his admin position I hope he will at least continue to post and share his positivity about this music. I’m sorry again to both moderators, it’s not an easy job and my words certainly didn’t help.
I've kept quiet until now, in the fear of derailing this thread with arguments, but now I'm no longer a staff there and I'd like to speak up.

First, I'm really relieved to hear that from you. I have been disturbed and devastated by the entire situation in the last few days (please note that it's not only about this thread), and I considered getting away from both of the forums at some point. Thank you so much for your apology.

I have to apologize myself, too, I'm afraid. Although we had to draw a line in somewhere and make a decision, the way I spoke about guitarfool over there was a tad too blunt and thoughtless, and I'm pretty sure that didn't help when guitarfool spoke up about it here.

Also, when a bunch of less engaged posters here spoke up against guitarfool, some of them came off somewhat aggressive toward him. When I saw them posted, I feared it would result in argument and I asked some of them via personal messages "not to take it too far", but some eventually took it a tad too far. I'm sorry about that.

That being said, in defence of these members, they are definitely not sock puppets of someone else who wants to hide their identity. They are all legitimate and verifiable members on here, PSF or Beach Boys Discord. I can assure it, and I believe so can Dick Rising.

Again, thanks for your words, as well as your appreciation on what I've been doing in music discussion. I'll see if I still feel comfortable being around here and there, and if I indeed do, I will continue to post, as long as my capacity allows. I hope I do.

Watamushi - You are more than welcome to post here and I'm sure the readers here will continue to look forward to your contributions.

Thank you for your words of apology and let me offer my sincere words of apology in return. The situation escalated beyond where it should have, and I hope we can shake hands and put it behind us. If that is a workable situation, I'm willing to start fresh and move forward, with apologies for what happened.

The emotions and absolute frustration of what has been a situation festering for over two years (and far more beyond that) boiled over, thanks to yet again people who have histories of certain behaviors, and who cannot get over grudges. The sad part is good people, and good fans continue to get swept up in a tornado of spite and whatever else that is limited to a very, very small group of the same names.

If that can't be seen by now, it never will.

In terms of moderating here, since that group departed for whatever their reasons, Billy and I have had a good run here in terms of moderating, where there have been no major blow-outs that couldn't be handled, no consistent complaints or reports of bad behavior or insulting posts, and no reports of harassment or bullying...and it's been overall smooth sailing compared to how it was prior to 2016. That, too, speaks volumes. Once that group departed, the problems went out the door with them, and the numbers of readers (though some said the departures would kill the board) only increased...which was the original topic of this thread.

And that brings me full circle...Yesterday I walked away from this stuff and took a hiatus. Like Watamushi said, it was a disturbing situation and especially with this being the weekend before Christmas, it was too much. I was ready to come back on sometime in the next day, and just suggest everyone get away from the forums overall and enjoy the holidays...even if you don't celebrate Christmas, just get out among people and have fun. Drink a toast to your friends and good times, and all that. That's what I did yesterday, only in the form of eating a large meal and being Santa Claus trying to find last minute gifts.

Then I log on today to do just that, and see what has transpired.

So again, I hope Watamushi takes my apology as sincere, and I hope we can start putting this behind us and move forward. And I can say again that my reaction was coming from a place of frustration on what was being said and done, but if it's over then let's call it a done deal, Watamushi, take what we both said in the heat of the situation as just that, and move forward.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: December 23, 2018, 11:56:14 AM »

Well said Craig. I have additional comments to add but real quickly...let this be the beginning of the healing process...please. Let us all remember that we are fans first and on this board imho all else should be secondary

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx