gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680784 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 12:59:54 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smiley Smile Message Board Milestone - And General Words Of Thanks  (Read 58198 times)
SBN (South Bay Native)
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2018, 01:18:51 AM »

Congrats to Smiley Smile!  I'm new here but have been a reader (lurker) for years and love this board and its posters. I appreciate the knowledge of the posters; Debbie and Ray and the experts; and Craig, Billy, and Chuck. I'm also a new fan (of three years) and love hearing from those from way back. Wink
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2018, 01:25:02 AM »

Ah I remember being a new fan as well. Twenty three years goes by quickly apparently!

What are your favorites?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2018, 08:48:40 AM »

Guitarfool, I've been reading the Rocky Book Thread on the PS Forum and just want to extend my thanks to you for being willing to share your knowledge (and the truth about certain events) to even the most remote parts of the fandom. It's pretty funny to see how certain posters there petulantly act on their own forum then have the gall to question why they were perma-banned on this forum...Like you say, it is all in black and white on this forum for everyone to read...shouldn't take a rocket scientist or even a bad lawyer to get that.

And many thanks again for being a tremendous part of this great community!

Thank you Rab and everyone else who contributes to this forum!

On another note, I just got banned from the Pet Sounds Forum. So the lies being told by what is sadly a very small percentage of posters there who have grudges from over 2 years ago will continue to be posted freely and without any action from the moderators, apparently. When someone takes a punch at you, you're not allowed to either defend yourself or even put up a block according to the "rules" there. Not surprising but disappointing just the same. So much for wanting to have a new forum and a new vibe overall - I guess having the same 8-10 rotten apples that lied and bullied and insulted and harassed other posters here (or simply couldn't follow the rules) for too long is a more important notion than seeing the future of the community, i.e. "the barrel" getting spoiled in favor of protecting those rotten apples.

I thought the moderators and admins were bringing a new outlook and vision to the place - Obviously coddling those who were banned here for their own actions is more of a priority than moving things forward.

That could explain why the Pet Sounds Forum is lucky to break 20 posters reading at any given time, and barely makes it to 30.

On that note... Smiley
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 08:50:02 AM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2018, 08:55:44 AM »

Long May AGD bully... Roll Eyes

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2018, 08:59:08 AM »

Which was outrageous seeing that they were lying about us.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2018, 09:02:18 AM »

Filldepage outright lied about why she was banned, and Sherif John Stone wrote a lengthy post saying point blank that Craig wasn't wanted there. All they get is a slap on the wrist. Wow...

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2018, 09:08:51 AM »

Filldepage outright lied about why she was banned, and Sherif John Stone wrote a lengthy post saying point blank that Craig wasn't wanted there. All they get is a slap on the wrist. Wow...

That’s the scary part.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2018, 09:21:25 AM »

At some point it has to be said that's who they are, and that's what they do. I thought new mods and admins would bring a new kind of vibe to the place, yet it seems the same relatively small group either has immunity from the rules, or is actually running the place in such a de facto way that the mods won't take action beyond the proverbial slap on the wrist because they're afraid of what some of them will do in return.

It happens again and again, the same people violating the same rules posted clearly on that board, and in some cases doing it immediately after a warning from the mods as if they're spitting on the mods' collective shoes and daring them to act, and no one acts. Then the lies and distortions start, and bingo - There it is.

It's sad because I thought the new admins and mods were going to change things, and it's right back to the bullshit thanks to that same small group who almost destroyed this place.

And as I posted over there, all of these lies and distortions can be debunked easily because 99.9% of what they're lying about is archived and available to view, and it's not like they're trying to lie about things that don't exist or that no one still alive was involved in. That to me is mind-boggling, the stupidity of trying to say "I was banned for having personal opinions" while the real reasons exist and can be called up on demand anytime.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2018, 09:24:34 AM »

That’s the scary part.
It was filldepage that was bringing up "last grudges", yet Craig is the one blamed for the very same thing. I'm curious if Craig is going to be given a change to "appeal" the ban.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2018, 09:31:58 AM »

That’s the scary part.
It was filldepage that was bringing up "last grudges", yet Craig is the one blamed for the very same thing. I'm curious if Craig is going to be given a change to "appeal" the ban.

At this point I have no clue what happened other than I was going to write the mods privately over there and got a white screen saying I was banned.

Filledeplage - It speaks for itself, doesn't it? Outright lies, distortions, and when called out she disappears or ignores it entirely. Or, writes a response that has nothing to do with the original issue.  Happens over and over, and that's ok I guess? Just pure lies and distortions, and if someone who actually knows the facts challenges her or calls out the lies, THEY get warned.

If she brings up this board over there in a discussion, which in this and several other cases she did, it's not her breaking the rules or derailing the thread, but it's the fault of whoever replies to it. That's who they are, that's what they do.

That's how it is. Duly noted. But it's nothing new, is it?

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2018, 09:41:14 AM »

I'm curious about the status of Watamushi as a member here.

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2018, 09:43:31 AM »

And so they've still managed to ooze into this thread and f*** up our modest little celebration.  Ignore the mo'fos.  They're not missed.  Thier collective campaign to hoist dirty Mike and his LOVEly ways here brought the proceedings to a halt.  The attack on several who chose to confront that kind of right wing, fact-free fuckery has been cast adrift.  They wallow in the poop pudding of their new cesspool.  Leave it to them and let us continue, rather, to enjoy ourselves and also to converse with dubious salesmen who pop in to stir the pot with their random stories and fictional fantasies.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2018, 09:47:15 AM »

Watamushi is more than welcome and appreciated here as a great member and person who actively posts and contributes to interesting discussions. If there is a problem with Watamushi being a mod there and posting here, that would be pretty pathetic, wouldn't it?

In the "Rocky" thread, Watamushi came on and issued a warning, after which two members specifically posted as if they were flaunting the fact that they were able to ignore his warning and have no consequences. That is another example of some members thinking they're above the rules for whatever reasons they may have. Right, Manning?

And that's one of the things we're proud of here, how we kicked all of that bullshit out the door whether it stepped on "important" people's toes or not. Good riddance, I hope the door hit them in the ass on the way out. Not welcome back here, ever, period.

It's a better place without them. The numbers seem to back that up too.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2018, 09:48:13 AM »

And so they've still managed to ooze into this thread and f*** up our modest little celebration.  Ignore the mo'fos.  They're not missed.  Thier collective campaign to hoist dirty Mike and his LOVEly ways here brought the proceedings to a halt.  The attack on several who chose to confront that kind of right wing, fact-free fuckery has been cast adrift.  They wallow in the poop pudding of their new cesspool.  Leave it to them and let us continue, rather, to enjoy ourselves and also to converse with dubious salesmen who pop in to stir the pot with their random stories and fictional fantasies.

Exactly, Lee. They're not missed, and it's better without them.  Smiley

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2018, 10:04:29 AM »

Watamushi has been a great poster here. Which is why I’m even more blown away by such a terrible act of moderation on that forum.

Sheriff John Stone was banned from here due to admitting to years of trolling Brian fans.
Mike’s Beard was banned at one point for harassing one of Brian’s previous girlfriends on this very forum.

Yet Guitarfool is perma banned for replying to false accusations and those who first veered the conversation off-topic are given slight slaps on the wrist.

I’m incredibly disappointed in that mod decision and those who made it. But again, doesn’t surprise me given the atmosphere and members of that forum.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2018, 10:05:24 AM »

Mushi rules! (Somewhere in Japan!)

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2018, 10:12:24 AM »

I'm glad to see that we can be impartial and not good a grudge against Watamushi, despite the recent turn of events.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2018, 10:27:39 AM »

Yes, I was there strictly to disrupt and my "confrontational postings" were what did it.

So - That's bullshit. As much as I value Watamushi for what he brings here, that is bullshit.

How about a ban for Filledeplage for actually starting the sh*t that I responded to? Like repeatedly bringing up grudges from the past?

What a joke. Again, no wonder the average readership there barely cracks 20 on average.

Hey guys, is Filledeplage protected from any moderator action over there?

MsBecca
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2018, 10:27:39 AM »

Dear God not here too! Can we not just stop all the fighting?! I confess that I myself think this is all bullcorn and bullshit both at the same time and I came oh so very close to deleting my account over there until I saw two of the others also suspended for their part too. So I am like okay so maybe this is over but I come here and we are all back to the same thing. So I am going to verbalize the same thing I did over there...can we not just all start over?!

I am going to start.

“Hello my name is Rebecca and I am a Beach Boys addict”
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2018, 10:32:19 AM »

Two moderators who have no respect from the same 10 or so rotten apples who tried to ruin this place. Nice.

I guess John Manning and Filledeplage have immunity, right? As in, disrespect the rules, break the rules, disrespect the moderators, openly flaunt that they are disrespecting the moderators, and nothing happens.

And the moderators are afraid to do anything about it because of who they think these people are.

Good luck with that.

Again, as the door closed here on some of that bullshit and hopefully hit them in the ass on the way out, it was some of the best times ever had on this forum.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2018, 10:35:27 AM »

What the hell did I wake up to?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2018, 10:42:00 AM »

Watamushi has been a great poster here. Which is why I’m even more blown away by such a terrible act of moderation on that forum.

Sheriff John Stone was banned from here due to admitting to years of trolling Brian fans.
Mike’s Beard was banned at one point for harassing one of Brian’s previous girlfriends on this very forum.

Yet Guitarfool is perma banned for replying to false accusations and those who first veered the conversation off-topic are given slight slaps on the wrist.

I’m incredibly disappointed in that mod decision and those who made it. But again, doesn’t surprise me given the atmosphere and members of that forum.

Yes, again I stand by what I said about Watamushi and his activity here, but he was completely full of sh*t in regards to my wanting to come there strictly to cause problems, and my confrontational posts. If someone posts a lie, and someone can correct it with *fact*, is the person correcting it in the wrong? Then bans are issued for being confrontational when the people actually bringing up the old grudges and breaking the rules are given free passes?

Watamushi, if that's the kind of crap you'll use to moderate over there, I hope the reasons why you're giving Filledeplage and Manning free passes are worth it. Because your credibility just went down considerably.

It's not a positive to be a puppet for anyone...just sayin'.

Rab - I have to correct: Sheriff Stone was not banned from this board, and is not currently banned. He has always been free to come and go as he pleases.

Mike's Beard on the other hand created a fake account and used it to evade a ban, issued after multiple warnings and lesser suspensions, then used that account to come on and resort to name-calling and insults.

That ban is permanent and for life, as spelled out in the rules here if things are done to evade a ban, you're banned for life - end of story, no quarter. If Watamushi and Dick want that kind of poster over there with a history of this kind of behavior, you can have him with our blessing.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2018, 10:44:03 AM »

What the hell did I wake up to?
Luhvstains...

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2018, 10:46:24 AM »

Doe’s minions are too much for one moderator to handle. Mushi is like Billy without anyone to back him like GF! ( No offense to Billy)

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2018, 10:54:31 AM »

No matter who is involved, the facts are laid out and yet people are allowed to continue breaking posted rules and disrespecting moderators. And it's the same people, yet again, who tried to ruin this place, and who are now seemingly immune on a forum that after 2+years in operation still can't average more than 20-30 readers at any given time. Then some of them call this place a "parking lot"? Haha. Nice one.

And so called "respected" members of the Beach Boys community, in the form of publishers, authors, "historians", and whatnot call this forum toxic? The numbers don't agree, do they? Maybe that's why the demand for whatever that same small group of posters and their writings can't generate the interest of more than 20-30 readers at a time. Maybe those self-appointed respected people hitched their wagons to the wrong horses?

Just sayin'.

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx