gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:31:44 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Surf's Up (Arranged for 2 Guitars)  (Read 1327 times)
godette502
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2018, 06:00:18 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS4FAwtOzH8

A little project I've been working on. Would love to hear what you guys think! I take requests as well so I'd love to hear what people would like to hear!
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 03:56:48 AM »

That was tremendous. Truly enjoyed it. You are very talented
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 04:09:47 AM »

Absolutely beautiful! The whole thing was great, but I especially loved the coda, my favorite part of the original song (Brian’s piano noodling is my favorite part of that song, so it was great to hear it in your version).

It’s not my favorite beach boys song, but I think “All I Wanna Do” from Sunflower would sound pretty incredible in this style. Will you be sticking with solely two guitar arrangements for your covers, or will you be adding another guitar if it suits the song?

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 05:38:58 AM »

Absolutely beautiful! The whole thing was great, but I especially loved the coda, my favorite part of the original song (Brian’s piano noodling is my favorite part of that song, so it was great to hear it in your version).

It’s not my favorite beach boys song, but I think “All I Wanna Do” from Sunflower would sound pretty incredible in this style. Will you be sticking with solely two guitar arrangements for your covers, or will you be adding another guitar if it suits the song?

Truly wonderful stuff, g502. And yes, "All I Wanna Do" sounds like a great choice to me too. Wink

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
SBonilla
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 07:24:40 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS4FAwtOzH8

A little project I've been working on. Would love to hear what you guys think! I take requests as well so I'd love to hear what people would like to hear!

I think I WENT TO SLEEP is a good candidate for being interpreted by two guitars.
Rather than duplicating the recorded arrangement, an expanded arrangement would be very interesting. It could use a good intro. The second section (the instrumental section with flutes) lends itself to counterpoint and interplay between the instruments. The last verse could be a delicate restatement with the ending containing some harmonics.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 09:24:50 AM »

I think I WENT TO SLEEP is a good candidate for being interpreted by two guitars.
Rather than duplicating the recorded arrangement, an expanded arrangement would be very interesting. It could use a good intro. The second section (the instrumental section with flutes) lends itself to counterpoint and interplay between the instruments. The last verse could be a delicate restatement with the ending containing some harmonics.

Some good ideas there, sb--departing from the original recording but still respecting it. The harmonics are a nice touch.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx