gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:04:27 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Brian documentary!  (Read 5348 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« on: December 03, 2018, 06:07:15 AM »

Seen through Brian's Facebook account:

New Documentary Dives Deep Into Life of Brian Wilson

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/brian-wilson-documentary-761952/?fbclid=IwAR3dTBKTcnv_C24SMO6NY-mECB_rmyIV4nFWtT1Jw3y3tv9prDICzgkRcYw

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 06:16:19 AM »

This sounds absolutely amazing. Jason Fine has an incredible rapport with Brian and has brought about some of the best BW interviews around. I cannot wait for this documentary!
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 07:05:39 AM »

Just read this. Pumped.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 07:28:44 AM »

Sounds promising.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 07:37:48 AM »

Jolly cool. 3D

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 07:44:15 AM »

Wow! excited...

Zesterz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 07:56:01 AM »

I think this is the one they were filming for on UK tour last year. The intention of Brent Wilson, if fulfilled , is to give us the sense of being in Brian's company ---  which sounds to me , at least, a parallel approach to Brian's autobiography. Cannot wait !!!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 10:46:05 AM »

Sounds as though it's as brilliant a concept/project as one could hope for. Stoked.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 10:48:35 AM »

Beach Boys Legend Brian Wilson Being Chronicled in New, ‘Definitive’ Documentary

https://variety.com/2018/music/news/brian-wilson-documentary-bruce-springsteen-elton-john-1203078116/?fbclid=IwAR0jAAViF4KI_Cepug6F_Ttlsc6bWCj4KRry2ZYZi02pXnVUrXiT7BS4d1M

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 12:20:32 PM »

“So we rented a car and we rigged it up, kind of ‘Carpool Karaoke’ style, with 4K cameras and microphones in the car, so that they didn’t have to wear a lavalier mic and didn’t have operators in the car,” Wilson says. “Jason and Brian would just drive around for six, seven, eight hours a day, for weeks, trying to get Brian to open up and talk freely. And it worked brilliantly, because I’ve never seen Brian in any interview or any documentary where he’s been this honest — I mean, just brutally honest sometimes.”

I can't wait for this! Thanks for the articles!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
NickandthePassions
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2018, 12:58:10 PM »

The article indicates there is coverage of Wilson doing covers in the studio -- I wonder if this could turn into a new release, specifically the long-spoken Rock 'n Roll album. Regardless, I'm very excited.

"Living a dream
Don't wanna sleep
Might miss something"
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2018, 01:00:57 PM »

I hope they snagged Al (and Blondie) for some interviews. The story of Al and Brian reconnecting (after a sort of false start back in 2006/07) is an important one when it comes to Brian's last 20 years.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2018, 01:46:52 PM »

Remembering Brian driving around Hawthorne in the IJWMFTT doco gives me hope. The concept is so simple why didn’t someone think about it earlier?
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2018, 01:48:23 PM »

If Jean Sievers and Jason Fine are part of this, it will be great. I'm sorry I don't know Brent Wilson's work, but if they and Brian like him, I like him.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2018, 02:00:43 PM »

The article indicates there is coverage of Wilson doing covers in the studio -- I wonder if this could turn into a new release, specifically the long-spoken Rock 'n Roll album. Regardless, I'm very excited.

I believe that's the idea, yes. If you'll recall, all the band guys were posting pictures of their time in the studio a couple of months ago.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2018, 05:28:09 PM »

This sounds incredible

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2018, 08:32:21 AM »

Yes! I have a feeling this is going to be incredible and something we've all been waiting for years to see.  Pirate High Five Rock! Happy Dance Bow Kiss Thumbs Up Ahhh! and finally,  w00t! w00t!

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2018, 10:14:42 AM »

Sounds so great. Brian when he's at ease is a wonderful thing.
Zesterz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2018, 10:19:32 AM »

Amy...ypu are right : have met him now around 8 times-- and the majority of those times , he exudes love and warmth. A very special person
armona
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2018, 05:26:37 PM »

Definitely looking forward to seeing this.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx