gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:48:07 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rocky Pamplin's THE BEACH BOYS' ENDLESS WAVE completed and published  (Read 136819 times)
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 12, 2018, 08:59:11 AM »

Is Reynaldo banned or does he just not wanna talk about how "Rocky's" mind changed so drastically on Doctor Love? And how apparently that "tape" or whatever he had that would blow that whole songwriting case out of the water just ceased to exist. Sure is odd.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 12, 2018, 09:14:28 AM »

Threat of litigation talks...

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 12, 2018, 10:04:24 AM »

Threat of litigation talks...
Exactly. It's a legal landmine for everybody involved.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: December 12, 2018, 10:14:52 AM »

And we come full circle returning to what was said a few pages ago: If Rocky and/or Stephen Love had the facts and the truth on their side when they were sharing details of various issues and lawsuits and whatnot involving Mike, there would be *no grounds to sue*. That's as simple as it can get. Or even more simply, the burden of proof for someone suing for libel or slander depends entirely on first proving that lies and falsehoods were told about that person or persons enough to damage them personally or in a business sense.

If the people being sued are telling the truth, there is no case. It's that simple.

So assume Rocky's claims are true, and he got the ubiquitous threats from Mike Love and his lawyers...If he told the truth, Mike and the lawyers could go sh*t in their collective hat for lack of a better term.

If Rocky was lying, then yeah - You can't publish known lies about someone without almost expecting legal action.

So where is that audio tape, what happened to it?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 12, 2018, 10:57:11 AM »

And we come full circle returning to what was said a few pages ago: If Rocky and/or Stephen Love had the facts and the truth on their side when they were sharing details of various issues and lawsuits and whatnot involving Mike, there would be *no grounds to sue*. That's as simple as it can get. Or even more simply, the burden of proof for someone suing for libel or slander depends entirely on first proving that lies and falsehoods were told about that person or persons enough to damage them personally or in a business sense.

If the people being sued are telling the truth, there is no case. It's that simple.

So assume Rocky's claims are true, and he got the ubiquitous threats from Mike Love and his lawyers...If he told the truth, Mike and the lawyers could go sh*t in their collective hat for lack of a better term.

If Rocky was lying, then yeah - You can't publish known lies about someone without almost expecting legal action.

On the same shelf in the BBs vault as Wrinkles and Murry's Help Me, Rhonda rant.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: December 12, 2018, 11:38:59 AM »

On the same shelf in the BBs vault as Wrinkles and Murry's Help Me, Rhonda rant.

LOL Nice.

I was thinking it could also be a 60's-style Mission Impossible scenario that played out somewhere in the Nevada desert:

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 12, 2018, 11:39:53 AM »

LOL LOL LOL The only problem is that there's no room left in Mike's hat. It's been so full of sh*t for decades just like the rest of his stupid hat collection.  Wink

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 12, 2018, 12:32:11 PM »

"And we come full circle returning to what was said a few pages ago: If Rocky and/or Stephen Love had the facts and the truth on their side when they were sharing details of various issues and lawsuits and whatnot involving Mike, there would be *no grounds to sue*. That's as simple as it can get. Or even more simply, the burden of proof for someone suing for libel or slander depends entirely on first proving that lies and falsehoods were told about that person or persons enough to damage them personally or in a business sense."

It's never as simple as that.  Even if the truth is on your side, the cost of defending yourself from a lawsuit is enormous.  Most people will give it up rather than face the time and costs of attorneys' fees in defending themselves from a lawsuit.  If you are sued and you win, you don't get your attorneys' fees back, they are down the drain.  And if a judge makes a decision that turns a case upside down, even if that decision is wrong, that is one of the risks of a lawsuit.  The road to good intentions is paved with all kinds of bad and incorrect outcomes in lawsuits, especially in sunny California.
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 12, 2018, 12:46:44 PM »

LOL LOL LOL The only problem is that there's no room left in Mike's hat. It's been so full of sh*t for decades just like the rest of his stupid hat collection.  Wink

Sigh ... Seeing moronic comments like the above makes me embarrassed to have been a part of this thread. I don't understand why the mods allow this type of immature nonsense.

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 12, 2018, 12:48:03 PM »

"And we come full circle returning to what was said a few pages ago: If Rocky and/or Stephen Love had the facts and the truth on their side when they were sharing details of various issues and lawsuits and whatnot involving Mike, there would be *no grounds to sue*. That's as simple as it can get. Or even more simply, the burden of proof for someone suing for libel or slander depends entirely on first proving that lies and falsehoods were told about that person or persons enough to damage them personally or in a business sense."

It's never as simple as that.  Even if the truth is on your side, the cost of defending yourself from a lawsuit is enormous.  Most people will give it up rather than face the time and costs of attorneys' fees in defending themselves from a lawsuit.  If you are sued and you win, you don't get your attorneys' fees back, they are down the drain.  And if a judge makes a decision that turns a case upside down, even if that decision is wrong, that is one of the risks of a lawsuit.  The road to good intentions is paved with all kinds of bad and incorrect outcomes in lawsuits, especially in sunny California.

Side note: this is also probably why the brand licensing issue will never be touched with a ten foot pole.

Also - I'm sure I've seen dozens tv shows/movies of people getting paid off and contracts drawn up in exchange for silence and photos/video to simply vanish, etc. Feels like we're in a Dallas or Columbo episode or something. We'll certainly never know the real story here, but it would seem that an about face and change of tone doesn't just happen out of the blue for no reason. I'll just have to assume the tape (and Rocky's original intentions/tone as stated in his messages on this board) went into the void of the "lost chapter" in Mike's bio where Mike -with great sincerity and conviction - talked about regretting filing the failed 2005 lawsuit against Brian and all the embarrassing details of that.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 02:03:07 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: December 12, 2018, 12:48:18 PM »

It's never as simple as that.  Even if the truth is on your side, the cost of defending yourself from a lawsuit is enormous.  Most people will give it up rather than face the time and costs of attorneys' fees in defending themselves from a lawsuit.  If you are sued and you win, you don't get your attorneys' fees back, they are down the drain.  And if a judge makes a decision that turns a case upside down, even if that decision is wrong, that is one of the risks of a lawsuit.  The road to good intentions is paved with all kinds of bad and incorrect outcomes in lawsuits, especially in sunny California.

Exactly.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: December 12, 2018, 01:33:10 PM »

LOL LOL LOL The only problem is that there's no room left in Mike's hat. It's been so full of sh*t for decades just like the rest of his stupid hat collection.  Wink

Sigh ... Seeing moronic comments like the above makes me embarrassed to have been a part of this thread. I don't understand why the mods allow this type of immature nonsense.

There's not a rule against it.  I'd rather not go overboard in the name of censorship....if I canned a post just because I found it annoying or I didn't like it, there'd be a good portion of the board missing and a lot of people complaining.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: December 12, 2018, 02:03:00 PM »

LOL LOL LOL The only problem is that there's no room left in Mike's hat. It's been so full of sh*t for decades just like the rest of his stupid hat collection.  Wink

There's not a rule against it.  I'd rather not go overboard in the name of censorship....if I canned a post just because I found it annoying or I didn't like it, there'd be a good portion of the board missing and a lot of people complaining.

Seconded.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: December 12, 2018, 02:09:28 PM »

It's never as simple as that.  Even if the truth is on your side, the cost of defending yourself from a lawsuit is enormous.  Most people will give it up rather than face the time and costs of attorneys' fees in defending themselves from a lawsuit.  If you are sued and you win, you don't get your attorneys' fees back, they are down the drain.  And if a judge makes a decision that turns a case upside down, even if that decision is wrong, that is one of the risks of a lawsuit.  The road to good intentions is paved with all kinds of bad and incorrect outcomes in lawsuits, especially in sunny California.

Side note: this is also probably why the brand licensing issue will never be touched with a ten foot pole.

Also - I'm sure I've seen dozens tv shows/movies of people getting paid off and contracts drawn up in exchange for silence and photos/video to simply vanish, etc. Feels like we're in a Dallas or Columbo episode or something. We'll certainly never know the real story here, but it would seem that an about face and change of tone doesn't just happen out of the blue for no reason. I'll just have to assume the tape (and Rocky's original intentions/tone as stated in his messages on this board) went into the void of the "lost chapter" in Mike's bio where Mike -with great sincerity and conviction - talked about regretting filing the failed 2005 lawsuit against Brian and all the embarrassing details of that.

So the suggestion is, and it's no surprise for those who have followed this band's history, that anyone who might have something to share or publish or write in general has to walk on eggshells out of fear that Mike Love and his lawyers will start throwing lawsuits and c&d orders at them to try to stifle anything he doesnt want to have made public.

That's nice, isn't it? Avoid things by having an atmosphere of fear and discourage people from talking by threatening them through the legal system instead of dealing with the issues like a man.

Real class, there. Positivity personified.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 12, 2018, 02:10:55 PM »

OSD was having a laugh in these times...

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 12, 2018, 02:54:44 PM »

LOL LOL w00t! Whatever! Thumbs Up Hello Kiss Transcendental Meditation Happy Dance Love Rock! Wink 2 Uninsultable, that's what I am. You, of all people should not read my posts because man, you take things wayyyy to seriously. One would think you learned your lesson by now, but no. You must be a lot of fun, man.  Razz
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 02:57:40 PM by The LEGENDARY OSD » Logged

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 12, 2018, 03:26:12 PM »

So the suggestion is, and it's no surprise for those who have followed this band's history, that anyone who might have something to share or publish or write in general has to walk on eggshells out of fear that Mike Love and his lawyers will start throwing lawsuits and c&d orders at them to try to stifle anything he doesnt want to have made public.

That's nice, isn't it? Avoid things by having an atmosphere of fear and discourage people from talking by threatening them through the legal system instead of dealing with the issues like a man.

I do have to say that I imagine this type of stuff happens all the time in the industry with wealthy people, and while stuff like the 2005 lawsuit and Mike's general litigiousness inevitably leaves a really bad taste in my mouth, I could easily see any number of other celebs doing potential behind the scenes legal stuff if they knew a book was possibly coming out with unfavorable insider stuff. None of us know what happened here, but I can of course understand if Mike would not want certain stuff public, and I wouldn't fault him for it, just as I'm sure the other band members and any number of celebrities would likely feel the same if it was about them. But yes, point taken that somebody in general being overly sue happy is problematic in all sorts of ways, especially if there's a vengeful quality.

I wonder what the reaction would be to the book and its contents in its current incarnation if Rocky had never came here and did his unfiltered and apparently sincere postings awhile back.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 03:45:32 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: December 12, 2018, 03:57:48 PM »

Doesn't make it right, but it's actually quite common.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: December 12, 2018, 06:52:56 PM »

Doesn't make it right, but it's actually quite common.

No doubt - But it's a shame to have such a tag attached to the name of "America's Band" who made music that heals and cures and makes people happy to have a member with the reputation of lawyering up and filing countless legal actions against fellow bandmates, former co-workers, and family for decades to where it becomes a threat hanging over anyone with a story to tell. Yes it happens a lot but it's a shame it does.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: December 12, 2018, 07:03:10 PM »

Definitely agreed

Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 13, 2018, 01:03:15 AM »

LOL LOL w00t! Whatever! Thumbs Up Hello Kiss Transcendental Meditation Happy Dance Love Rock! Wink 2 Uninsultable, that's what I am. You, of all people should not read my posts because man, you take things wayyyy to seriously. One would think you learned your lesson by now, but no. You must be a lot of fun, man.  Razz

Mr. "lol lol woot whatever thumbsup wave kiss tm happydance love rock winke":

Hah! Yeah, man, I’m known for a having great sense of humor - highly refined with a sense of jocularity (not to be confused on your part with jock straps). But I outgrew (as have 99% of adults) what you apparently consider to be “funny” around the time I turned nine or ten years old.

But look, no use irritating the other board members with this tripe, so I’m signing off on this back and forth, and for the benefit of the readership, you might wanna consider doing likewise.

Cheers!

« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 01:04:31 AM by Custom Machine » Logged
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 13, 2018, 01:45:05 AM »

Mr. "lol lol woot whatever thumbsup wave kiss tm happydance love rock winke":

Hah! Yeah, man, I’m known for a having great sense of humor - highly refined with a sense of jocularity (not to be confused on your part with jock straps). But I outgrew (as have 99% of adults) what you apparently consider to be “funny” around the time I turned nine or ten years old.

But look, no use irritating the other board members with this tripe, so I’m signing off on this back and forth, and for the benefit of the readership, you might wanna consider doing likewise.

Cheers!

Agreed.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 13, 2018, 07:59:52 AM »

Hey! We have a new agdster in our midst. And one with a "highly refined" sense of humor to boot! Well, we know how that ended up, don't we. On top of that, we get the added benefit of a highly trained and tight fisted police security guard, who, if he was given the green light, would stymie any post he thought would irritate the readership. That's quite the  package. Shucks, and I thought that  attacking other posters was against the rules, but what do I know? Isn't 99.9% of what is posted here opinion with some fact in the mix?

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: December 13, 2018, 10:52:43 AM »

Ok enough...No more swiping at each other. No matter who started it , I’m finishing it. Next person who takes a swipe at someone else posting in this thread will be getting a timeout. No matter who is saying it or whom the recipient is. I mean it when I say it doesn’t matter who it is.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 11:34:33 AM by ♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇 » Logged

Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 13, 2018, 02:29:32 PM »

I am interested in whether it's
Threat of Litigation
Or
Reconciliation

If Stephen was reconciled with Stan and Mike, he would certainly have enough influence to 'flip' Rocky.
A pro Mike book could be an Olive branch to Mike from Steve.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx