gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:40:53 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rocky Pamplin's THE BEACH BOYS' ENDLESS WAVE completed and published  (Read 136724 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 11, 2018, 03:07:48 PM »

LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: December 11, 2018, 03:31:34 PM »

Rocky Reynaldo Pamplin? Wink

With all the Rs in the names of the two authors, it might as well be Talk Like a Pirate Day

Someone call Al Jardine, cause there's a Pirate's Tale to be had!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 11, 2018, 03:47:58 PM »

Rocky Reynaldo Pamplin? Wink

With all the Rs in the names of the two authors, it might as well be Talk Like a Pirate Day

Someone call Al Jardine, cause there's a Pirate's Tale to be had!

Keepin it clean with the Endless Wave machine!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: December 11, 2018, 03:53:49 PM »

Beats the "woo woo" machine by far...you can go blind from that!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
jackjachman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 11, 2018, 04:04:26 PM »

TRULY bizarre to write a garbage book full of long debunked inaccuracies and false portrayals of the dead and then come onto a forum to make weird spiteful comebacks to people.

Isn't it peculiar how people get upset when they're trying to find the actual definition of something and are instead sent to an urbandictionary page written by a middle schooler?
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 11, 2018, 04:55:48 PM »

Billy’s last post is worth more than this whole book...

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: December 11, 2018, 05:08:59 PM »

Billy’s last post is worth more than this whole book...

But of course! :D

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 11, 2018, 05:31:09 PM »

Anybody seen epic fail film "American Family" (2000)? It should be done in Blu-ray. About time. Agree with jackjachman, with 1st paragraph.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 07:09:00 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 11, 2018, 06:30:11 PM »

You "have fun" with smb. else. I quit this dull thread.

I enjoyed Billy's posts here better than the entire snoozer thread (& previous rocky pimple rockrash thread). Btw, still doesn't make sense why be polite towards the chap. Pretty Funky even said "no offence"? What? As if it's friend or family relative. Bizarre, to say the least.

Well that was short lived, but as you are back in, the poster has not caused me any offence (yet). I might not agree with the book or topic but what’s wrong with a bit of good natured courtesy? Must be my ancestry.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 06:40:37 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 11, 2018, 06:44:50 PM »

It's free board, Pretty Funky. I can be back in anytime I wish in any thread. Besides, many people read the initial rocky thread, kept posting daily *despite* hating him, thinking he's clown. You'd been around then, you should know.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 07:06:32 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 11, 2018, 06:46:31 PM »

I don't see any point in being nasty to Ron.  He wrote a book with Rocky, they got it published, and we (as a group) generally are in agreement that we don't think it's a very good book, from what we've read. I respect Ron's right to write a book, he should respect our right to have a negative view of the book.  
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 11, 2018, 07:04:12 PM »

I don't see any point in being nasty to Ron.  He wrote a book with Rocky, they got it published, and we (as a group) generally are in agreement that we don't think it's a very good book, from what we've read. I respect Ron's right to write a book, he should respect our right to have a negative view of the book.  

The perfect summary of how I feel too. No need to be disrespectful to him, even if we disagree with him.

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 11, 2018, 07:12:28 PM »

Anybody likes "Sloop John B"?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 06:52:17 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 11, 2018, 07:18:02 PM »

You, people, may be obliged to respect writers. I look at it differently. For instance, like book but don't respect writer. I dislike book & don't respect writer. I.e. it isn't necessary to me to respect the writer. I will say she/ he used good style, clever techniques etc. That's about it. We differ in this regard.

I'm not saying we need to respect him as a writer, just as a person (and even if we don't respect him at a core level, we can still just show some courtesy to him)...just like Reynaldo should respect and be courteous to every poster on this forum without stooping to sniping at people for this or that. I think some name calling was done toward Reynaldo on some previous posts and that just doesn't need to happen.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: December 11, 2018, 07:18:38 PM »

I'm with Rab.  have no issue with Ron/Reynaldo*. As for Rocky, well, I think the original post with him is still on the board.  I banned him for a reason. **** that guy.

My thing is, if someone is disrespectful towards others unprovoked, they're gonna get the business from me (as the saying goes). Otherwise, if it is provoked it's fair game until it gets out of hand.

*Unless it turns out it IS Rocky and this is  hell of a troll job.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 07:21:04 PM by ♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇 » Logged

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 11, 2018, 07:24:17 PM »

Back 2 topic.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 06:50:56 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 11, 2018, 09:14:28 PM »

You, people, may be obliged to respect writers. I look at it differently. For instance, like book but don't respect writer. I dislike book & don't respect writer. I.e. it isn't necessary to me to respect the writer. I will say she/ he used good style, clever techniques etc. That's about it. We differ in this regard.

I'm not saying we need to respect him as a writer, just as a person (and even if we don't respect him at a core level, we can still just show some courtesy to him)...just like Reynaldo should respect and be courteous to every poster on this forum without stooping to sniping at people for this or that. I think some name calling was done toward Reynaldo on some previous posts and that just doesn't need to happen.

You're absolutely correct, Rab. We don't need to go back to the way it was when the agdster spewed his arrogance all over the place.  Smokin

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: December 11, 2018, 09:18:32 PM »

My thing is I avoid going off on people unless they directly attack me, but as I am human like the rest (most?) of us, I can't always abide by that. Case in point:

You're absolutely correct, Rab. We don't need to go back to the way it was when the agdster spewed his arrogance all over the place.  Smokin

Oh God no. Glad that "Love Stain" is gone. I should've done it sooner but I let him lie to me and manipulate me in the guise of "friendship". Never will make that mistake again.

Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 11, 2018, 10:22:25 PM »

On Nov. 20th I first asked about the flip in Mike's portrayal in Rocky's book, and Guitarfool posted a similar question, comparing Rocky's posts on this board of a couple of years ago to what has been reported in the final edition coauthored by Ron.

... In his posts of roughly three years ago, Rocky often cast Mike and Stan Love in a negative light, but I see that Stan contributed pics to the book, and Ian says Mike was cast only in a positive light. How do you account for this change? Other than the pictures contributed by Stan, were either he or Mike involved in determining the content of the book? ...

... the book itself seems to be complimentary of Mike, if anything. ...

Ron answered thusly:

... One of the most surprising things was that Rocky had in fact, enormous respect for Mike Love in myriad ways, respect that I heard over and over again in those long and rambling conversations. Rocky himself was surprised at what he had revealed. We're hoping that it made for a better read. ...

... Yes the book was considerably reworked. ...

... As I mentioned, my understanding of the material based on my conversations with Rocky revealed a different story, one I don't think that Rocky was completely aware of himself. ...

But when CenturyDeprived made the following observations:

... Yet I can understand that powerful parties who potentially stand to gain or lose based on the book's content could yield their power (via methods that I have no insight on), much like I assume that the final cut of the film Love & Mercy (as well as it turned out IMHO) was almost certainly impacted politically in *some* fashion by not just what the filmmakers wanted to say, but what they could/couldn't say without problems arising.  If lines are crossed, I imagine the wrath of known litigious folk could be a result. While you personally haven't met Mike Love, that in and of itself doesn't tell me that my assumption above is by definition completely incorrect.  I frankly think it would be rare and gutsy/stupid for any book like this by any insider about a famous band to simply be released without certain considerations being made. ...

We most likely got the real reason for the flip in this reply from Ron:

... You are astute in your observations about having to be careful about a book including rich, influential people.
As one of my attorney friends reminded me when I realized that my name would actually go on the book, and I'll quote him here because it is an amusing and brilliant and frightening quip, all at the same time, "A rich, vexatious litigant can always cause trouble." Ha.
Believe me, that was on our minds. More to come. ...

I would like to thank Ron for conducting himself in a courteous, respectful, and diplomatic manner on this board, especially in the face of numerous attacks. He was obviously quite naive thinking an error filled Chapter 2 would be greeted with accolades, as well as perhaps not recognizing the level of distain held for Mr. Pamplin due to a number of his past actions. Interestingly, Ron showed up on the Pet Sounds Forum three days ago, offering to answer any questions, but so far there haven't been any takers.

William Bowe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 12, 2018, 12:50:51 AM »

Can someone kindly offer a link to the legendary Rocky Pamplin meltdown?
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 12, 2018, 01:01:22 AM »

Can someone kindly offer a link to the legendary Rocky Pamplin meltdown?

Last post through to first. Quite a few meltdowns from memory.

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php?action=profile;u=9448;sa=showPosts;start=0
William Bowe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 12, 2018, 01:05:58 AM »

Thanks, PF. Interesting chap.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 12, 2018, 04:29:01 AM »

Long May you run “myke Luhv” from the truth. (Last throwback post to the time where OSD was a “troll” for telling the truth)

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 12, 2018, 04:40:04 AM »

Roll Eyes

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 12, 2018, 05:12:32 AM »

Had to get it out of my system...

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx