gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 07:37:45 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Our Prayer/The River Song Demo (Vocals Only, Thus Far)  (Read 4086 times)
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2006, 07:13:53 PM »

Listening to it...Yikes...

The vocals aren't done yet, mainly on The River Song, so some parts are audio equivalents of skeletal remains.  The cheap reverb sound is a temporary effect, and the mix is like sandpaper.  And it's not even that good.  And it hurts to hear me sing high...ouch.

Well...enjoy!

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=058F0BFC4B935481
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 01:26:52 PM »

"Prayer" is incredible. I really like the way the River Song is coming along. I don't even mind the reverb effect too much. It always sounds like you have too much reverb when you isolate the vocals like that. Some fine work on all of the vocals.

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 03:52:46 PM »

Sounds quite good, but i think the high part in "River song" should be done again

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 06:43:55 PM »

,,,but again, Rocker, that's hard to say unless you hear the full effect of the vocals with the music, which we haven't...yet...How bout it, idigworms...how bout the backing with the vocals...could even be a scratch mix...just to see what we are hearing here?

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 11:45:52 AM »

Sure.  The instrumental backing (keyboard and guitar) was just enough for singing over.  No drums, but decided not to include metronome beat.  LOL.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=8DFAE9697246B5B7
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 07:43:58 PM »

..again, sounds great, but the latest download has just the vocal work....(Huh) PMcC

b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 08:17:13 PM »

Sorry, here is a better mix of what I'm leaning towards for the final backing track...experimented with some Billy Preston style organ after "so crowded I can hardly breath"...didn't really work, though LOL.  And I forgot the chords on Rolling River...need to figure them out...:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=94EEE6546BC73692

PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 08:33:42 AM »

....just heard it. Excellent. Man, what a difference it makes when you have the music as a reference as well to listen to...

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 05:12:06 AM »

Damn, forgot to look here, so the file has expired.
BT I didn't mean to put idigworms down, it was just my opinion.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2006, 04:41:05 PM »

Damn, forgot to look here, so the file has expired.
BT I didn't mean to put idigworms down, it was just my opinion.

No problem, Rocker.  Here is the previously posted MP3, though more has been done to improve the backing track and vocals.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=115CD5433D6871B0
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 08:13:07 AM »

Yeah sounds good, but I still have some problems with the high voice in the first verses. But don't give too much about what I think. I can't get my music on computer, because I don't have the right "machines". I like that "psychedelic"-organ very much btw

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx