gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:59:12 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dennis' Voice 1980-1981  (Read 8050 times)
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2018, 12:09:51 AM »

I don't hear Dennis at all in What You Do To Me, but if I put the dvd into my other dvd player I use as a "CD player" and turn the volume up a bit, I can hear Dennis rather enthusiastically congratulating Carl after the song ends. It's quite touching, if a bit sad because his voice is so hoarse you can't quite make out what he says. By the way, you can actually hear(and see) Dennis saying "Are you ready?" before the show starts.
The way that show started, with each of the Beach Boys being driven onto the field, and over to the stage, made for a very long introduction. I think Dennis was getting impatient at waiting for the other guys to get there. IIRC, Dennis and Mike were up there first, Brian and Carl were last.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2018, 12:23:02 AM »

I don't hear Dennis at all in What You Do To Me, but if I put the dvd into my other dvd player I use as a "CD player" and turn the volume up a bit, I can hear Dennis rather enthusiastically congratulating Carl after the song ends. It's quite touching, if a bit sad because his voice is so hoarse you can't quite make out what he says. By the way, you can actually hear(and see) Dennis saying "Are you ready?" before the show starts.
The way that show started, with each of the Beach Boys being driven onto the field, and over to the stage, made for a very long introduction. I think Dennis was getting impatient at waiting for the other guys to get there. IIRC, Dennis and Mike were up there first, Brian and Carl were last.
I'm still wondering what was going on between Dennis and Mike. Mike walked up to him and said something, and Carl very quickly got between them.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Needleinthehay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2018, 01:46:29 PM »

I'm still wondering what was going on between Dennis and Mike. Mike walked up to him and said something, and Carl very quickly got between them.

I dont wanna start any gossip or anything...and maybe I'm wrong, but i heard rumor once (and i was told to keep it on the Down-low) that Dennis and Mike were not exactly the best of friends especially in Dennis' later years... I dont know if theres any truth to that rumor or what, but...yeah. I did hear whispers of that one time.....take it how you will....so might have had something to do with that? i dunno...its a possibility...
(/s)

but seriously, i wonder what that exact moment was about, also.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 01:48:37 PM by Needleinthehay » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx