gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680747 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 12:28:38 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Love & Stamos on Jimmy Kimmel 10/31  (Read 7915 times)
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2018, 09:45:39 AM »

Mike Love and John Stamos will be sitting in with Jimmy Kimmel’s band for his Halloween episode. I hope they actually do air Mike doing “Monster Mash” LOL

https://twitter.com/JohnStamos/status/1056670260785426432

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 09:57:22 AM »

How very sad to see another assault on the legacy with myKe luHv and his equally tacky cohort stabbing the legacy of the band in the heart. Pathetic. Roll Eyes

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 11:34:00 AM »

Part of me could go on and on about how this potentially could hurt the band's image, and so on... But you know what? This should be fun. I always have gotten a kick out of Mike singing Monster Mash.

At the risk of sounding preachy, I have to admit, I think we spend a little too much time scrutinizing and criticizing every member's every move, when we should be enjoying the fact that we still have the current surviving members with us. Yes, it's sad that they don't play together, or that certain members make questionable decisions, but we should really focus on the fact that Brian Wilson, Al Jardine, Mike Love, and Bruce Johnston (plus Blondie, Ricky, and David of course!) all made important contributions to the music. We can all still see them perform (albeit not all together). We've had almost twenty years of Brian coming into his own as a solo performer. During this time, Mike's band has vastly improved as well, largely thanks to Scott Totten and John Cowsill. Brian and Mike are still recording their own music in the studio.  Regardless on how you feel about various projects (NPP or UTL for example), you have to admit, it's incredibly impressive that these guys are still releasing music. 2018 has been a great year for BBs fans. We had the Sirius channel which was a lot of fun, and a Beach Boys album top both the Pop and Classical charts. Reason For The Season was just released, and I think it's a solid effort as well.

I know I got super off topic, but I think we should enjoy any chance we get to see any of the members of The Beach Boys perform, because who knows how long we will be able to. Positivity is what The BBs music is all about, and we, as fans, should try to embrace that positivity.

Wow, I sound preachy. Didn't mean to get on a soapbox there, but it's really how I feel. We should appreciate what we have.
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 12:26:52 PM »

Have to go with OSD on this one though.

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 12:38:55 PM »

Brian needs to go on Fallon and do "My Solution"!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 12:41:27 PM »

+1  LOL
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 01:05:19 PM »

That would be awesome

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 02:04:40 PM »

That would be awesome

Side note: I wonder if the original tapes of My Solution were pulled for research at the time that Happy Days from Imagination was recorded?

Side side note: What if Joe Thomas had encouraged Brian to simply re-record and release My Solution as the last track on Imagination, complete with 1998 Brian speak-singing the lyrics, all with Joe's nylon string boner production style? That would have been the weirdest Halloween/BBs thing EVER.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2018, 02:08:58 PM »

Perfect timing.  One of them will be masquerading as a Beach Boy...the older, follically  pummeled one, on the other hand, masquerading as THE Beach Boys.   VERY scary!!!  Wrong and Dead wrong.  And...as always...especially and entirely here...2 wrongs do NOT make a right.  Roll Eyes

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 10:13:43 PM »

Love and Stamos is what you need tonight. *shudder*

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2018, 11:09:28 PM »

Love and Stamos is what you need tonight. *shudder*
Exactly what I thought when I saw the thread title.

Love and Stamos to you and your friends tonight.

I was lyin' in bed when the two came on tv,
a lot of people out there surfin'
and it really scares me
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2018, 11:23:45 PM »

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2018, 12:55:32 PM »

The Lovester’s getting excited!

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialMikeLove/photos/a.249407895138059/2039574502788047/

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2018, 03:18:19 PM »

This oddly enough is what came to mind after seeing that pic:

Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2018, 03:52:37 PM »

Maybe I'll print this out and put it on my front door. That should scare away any Trick or Treaters. Eugene Landy AND Stamos?! NOOOO!!!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2018, 03:56:41 PM »

Debbie, you don't want to scare them TOO much now Smiley

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2018, 04:20:48 PM »

Maybe I'll print this out and put it on my front door. That should scare away any Trick or Treaters. Eugene Landy AND Stamos?! NOOOO!!!

LOL
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2018, 06:22:31 AM »

Mike Love is in this segment:
https://youtu.be/_j3XZdzzQuU

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2018, 08:20:16 AM »

Mike Love is in this segment:
https://youtu.be/_j3XZdzzQuU

Gotta hand it to Mike, he sounded 30 years younger when he started singing Monster Mash at the end.
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2018, 08:42:04 AM »

Wow, even though it was just a couple seconds, watching Mike perform Monster Mash totally reminded me of when the BBs played it on TV on Shindig
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2018, 08:47:43 AM »

Mike seemed pretty cool and relaxed sitting in. My late night show watching days are long gone, but I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that in the 30 mins I watched, there was about a 5 min segment with Stamos, and then about a 2-3 min segment. That left about 22 mins of commercials...ridiculous.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2018, 10:04:47 AM »

Warmed my heart that myKe luHv was afforded on what would be called cameos throughout the show thank god. Just goes to show that his "star power" hit the skids long ago when a bufoon like Stamos gets the interview(which was painful to watch him squirming in his chair) while myKe plays fifth fiddle. The show itself was dreadful, the opening monologue was stale and unfunny, but what really made up for everything was because they "ran out of time", some dumb ass rap group got more time than both Stamos and myKe got put together!!  LOL LOL w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! Thumbs Up Rock! High Five.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2018, 10:12:59 AM »

I heard you were on the next show to tell some of your famous jokes! LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2018, 11:17:53 AM »

You can see the full episode here:

https://oload.fun/f/I9L9elNHywg/jimmy.kimmel.2018.10.31.john.stamos.web.x264-tbs.mp4

- Mike is introduced at 3:48
- Barbara Ann at 18:05
- Jimmy plugs Mike's album and talks to Mike at 18:25
- Fun Fun Fun at 25:28
- Monster Mash at 29:00
- very end of Monster Mash at 29:49
- Kokomo at 35:32
- Jimmy plugs Mike's album at 36:24

Mike's introduction also here:
https://youtu.be/9FCwy3Bv5VA?t=186

« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 11:44:52 AM by STE » Logged
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2018, 04:38:01 PM »

Mike hasn’t lost that bass voice .  Always been a perfect lead for him . When was the last time he sang MM at a public appearance ?
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx