gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 09:36:07 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New BW Interview with The Maine Edge  (Read 2786 times)
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2018, 05:23:51 AM »

Just saw it tweeted by official BW account:

www.themaineedge.com/news/cover-story/brians-back-a-conversation-with-music-legend-brian-wilson
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 09:09:25 AM by Watamushi(Polly Poller) » Logged
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 09:14:49 AM »

Thanks for posting! This made me happy to read. Sounds like he is in a good place.

MsBecca
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 11:08:44 AM »

"When I recounted some of specific moments of greatness from the show and commented on the fact that his band is a powerhouse of heavy hitters, he answered with a simple “I know. That’s why they’re in my band.”"

Love it Smiley
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 03:42:22 PM »

Thanks for sharing that! It's pretty noticeable that Brian is far more cooperative when the interviewer is a fan as well as a professional who can ask him questions that don't bore him. Of course, I'm sure there were good interviewers who just got him at the wrong time, but this is the perfect setup.
Needleinthehay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 01:09:10 AM »

He mentions he watches the news everyday....I'd be curious to know what he thinks about Trump. We know Mike loves him, my guess is Brian would say something like "Oh, i dont know, he seems like a nice guy but i really dont know" or something equally non-committal. Has he ever been asked in an interview? I remember in one interview a while back he mentioned he liked Reagan back in the day. Guessing because he knew him to a certain extent when the BB played the white house he met him I'm sure.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 01:11:29 AM by Needleinthehay » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 11:47:23 PM »

Thanks for sharing that! It's pretty noticeable that Brian is far more cooperative when the interviewer is a fan as well as a professional who can ask him questions that don't bore him. Of course, I'm sure there were good interviewers who just got him at the wrong time, but this is the perfect setup.

Definitely. I’ve noticed Jason Fine has given good interviews with him, and the late Paul Williams had a good one in 1995.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 02:30:57 AM »

Definitely. I’ve noticed Jason Fine has given good interviews with him, and the late Paul Williams had a good one in 1995.

The late Timothy White was another.
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 02:56:36 AM »

This was definitely a good one--as Debbie noted, the author of the article clearly connected with Brian and he stayed with the interview process throughout. I don't recall reading before that he considers his favorite moment in his work with Al being "Then I Kissed Her," but considering Brian's abiding love for Phil Spector and his uncanny ability to match the right lead vocalist to individual tunes, this remark feels 100% genuine and not a "put on" (as Brian has been known to do). "Then I Kissed Her" is a great reminder of how Spector was still riding high in 1965 as the musical scene was growing and changing, and of how Brian was processing that influence on his way to creating a more intricate and intimate "wall of sound."
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx