gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:19:22 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian’s Home Studio In 1969  (Read 4100 times)
RONDEMON
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2018, 03:20:03 PM »

https://youtu.be/DX_ct9wJr0s

This video is incredible. The Boys In ‘69 recording in Brian’s home studio. It’s obvious they aren’t recording “I can hear music”, so what were they tracking? It’s something that’s uptempo and has a lot of guitar. Also, there’s one shot at 1:19 of Carl singing outside. Has there ever been anything written about if they recorded vocals outdoors at Brian’s?

And we also see Steve Desper a few times too! Could you provide any info, Steve?

Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 04:02:25 PM »

There are definitely two or may even three different days there - and who knows how much time elapsed between them. One shot we see Bruce with a moustache in a blue turtleneck, then another of Bruce with a moustache in what looks like a green short-sleeve turtleneck (which I didn't know existed), other shots show Bruce with longer hair and a cream coloured button up shirt.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 04:15:34 PM by Chocolate Shake Man » Logged
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 04:01:27 AM »

As mentioned in my book they were filmed during sessions for time to get alone in October 1968 and the producers of the American band video actually dubbed in that song for their movie-which was cool
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 04:47:25 AM »

As mentioned in my book they were filmed during sessions for time to get alone in October 1968 and the producers of the American band video actually dubbed in that song for their movie-which was cool
That was one of the few times that the audio and video in AAB matched correctly, if I remember.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 10:40:41 AM »

As mentioned in my book they were filmed during sessions for time to get alone in October 1968

All of it? I'm only asking because I thought the music for that had already been tracked by October 1968 and it seems they are, in some of the shots, tracking music as well. By the looks of it, the song is pretty upbeat - check out what Al is playing on guitar at 0:55 or the drums that Dennis is playing at 1:14. It looks like Dennis and Carl are doing two drum parts at 1:35.

It seems they were at least rehearsing another song there as well. But, again, there are multiple days that we are seeing here.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx