gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 06:57:03 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What has music come to?  (Read 8774 times)
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2011, 11:24:52 PM »

I like it.  Reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_kGJBv6Wr4
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2018, 04:21:18 AM »

Here's the thing.  Human beings are generally beautiful well intentioned people.  We forget bad things.  I mean sometimes bad things happen that scorch your brain and you never forget it, but in general, we forget all the midly bad things that happen to us.  Ask somebody how the first week of May was this year.  NO WAY IN HELL they're going to remember anything bad from it, but there's a small chance they'll remember something good from it.

It's human nature.

So in the 50's, and the 60's, and the 70's, there were a TON of shitty bands.  I mean lots of them.  MOST of them, we've forgotten, because we forget bad things.  The only 'bad' bands that get remembered over time, are bands that really weren't completely awful, it's just for whatever reason they made it huge and you personally didn't lke them, so they're rememberable not because you hate them, but because so many other people like them and you don't understand why.

Like Tiny Tim.  He was pretty god awful.  However, he made it big and lots of people liked him and his music... so he stands out, in some people's minds, as a bad singer or bad musician.  He's 10 times better, though, than all the TRULY crappy bands that were out in the 60's, that we've since forgot because there was absolutely no redeeming quality to their music. 

So I think that while there may not be as many brilliant musicians out now as there may have been in the past, there's not more 'bad' bands, it's just their fresh and we still remember them. 
There's good post in there. Half-agree & half-disagree with it. But surely there's logic in what Ron said.

I dislike modern music, things I hear by radio. As KDS, I wouldn't like to spend time listening to new bands & singers, to get thru to find good songs. It could take literally yrs.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2018, 02:16:02 AM »

Thanks for bumping this, RR. I haven't laughed so much in a long time. LOL

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx